DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Well this report is sure getting long. But it was a long trip. If you are starting to get bored, well, how about some more Anna pics??

After TCD's and my mission to find the kazoos, he left and we headed with the kids back to the Settlement to hit the playground.

Anna loves the swings.

DSCN1686.JPG

DSCN1687.JPG

DSCN1688.JPG

DSCN1689.JPG

DSCN1690.JPG

DSCN1691.JPG

DSCN1692.JPG

I like this picture of them looking at each other.

DSCN1693.JPG

DSCN1694.JPG

DSCN1695.JPG

DSCN1696.JPG

DSCN1697.JPG

Before lunch time, we spent some time sitting under the awning relaxing. And in my family, that can sometimes include a good old fashioned contest. In this case, I had planned ahead and bought some Cheerwine soda. And I don't know about your family, but that can only mean one thing for mine....A Cheerwine Belching Contest!

There is no better carbonated, burp inducing pop than Cheerwine.

Stella is trying to squeak one out.

DSCN1698.JPG

Anna is waiting for her turn.

DSCN1699.JPG

I usually win these contests.

But on this day, Emma was the clear winner. She rattled off some good ones.

I'm so proud! Yes, my family is classy.

Such athletic endeavors will tire one out, but we saved enough energy to take Foofy over to the dog park for some play time.

DSCN1700.JPG

DSCN1701.JPG

DSCN1702.JPG

Daisy doesn't often to to the dog park anymore...she'd rather just lounge. Plus too many dogs make her nervous. But Foofy is our young 4 year old, and she loves it.

Between all the burping and dog running, we had worked up an appetite. So we headed back to 524 and I fired up the Weber. Today's lunch menu included hot dogs topped with sloppy joe meat.

DSCN1705.JPG

Ain't that a thing of beauty??!?

It tasted as good as it looks.

After lunch, we put Anna in for a nap and I took Isabel and Stella to the pool. Needed to work up an appetite for our big New Years Eve dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Overall the weather had been too cold for the pool...but this was a pretty decent day. Plus, I don't care how cold it is...I HAVE to hit the pool at least once on every visit.

Some slide time.

DSCN1706.JPG

DSCN1707.JPG

Next it was my turn, and I took the camera down with me and filmed it.

http://youtu.be/rnbZ-G6RMI8

DSCN1708.JPG

DSCN1711.JPG

This one makes me laugh....isn't the point of wearing goggles so you can see underwater??

DSCN1713.JPG

DSCN1716.JPG

I attempted to get a good shot of Stella coming down the little slide in the splash zone.

DSCN1717.JPG

DSCN1721.JPG

That's a splash zone slide pic FAIL.

But we got some cute ones anyways.

DSCN1718.JPG

DSCN1723.JPG

After a bit of pool time, we got a little chilly so we headed back to the trailer to rest for a bit. I cut off all food consumption after lunch so we were good and hungry for Chef Mickey's. Gotta get your money's worth, right?

That dinner, and Crappy New Year, is coming up....

What story? Everything I have written in this report is fact. And you can't prove otherwise.

Yup. And I'm Dave's back-up.

Plus, we both have Pioneer Hall Kazoos.

How else would we have gotten those?

Dave-

Great update!

The playground photos are great. I forgot what a nice day it turned out to be.

I must admit I have never heard of Cheerwine.

I'm glad it was just a burping contest.

I would hate to see what goes on after your gang eats at O'hanna Ohanna's Oh'anna that place at the Poly.

TCD

That is just an AWESOME day of Family fun!!!!!

Yep! It was a nice Fort day.

Yup. And I'm Dave's back-up.

Plus, we both have Pioneer Hall Kazoos.

How else would we have gotten those?

That is a VERY good question. It's not like they are available on eBay or anything.

Dave-

Great update!

The playground photos are great. I forgot what a nice day it turned out to be.

I must admit I have never heard of Cheerwine.

I'm glad it was just a burping contest.

I would hate to see what goes on after your gang eats at O'hanna Ohanna's Oh'anna that place at the Poly.

TCD

Oh my ladies would NEVER participate in a contest like that. I'm a solo act in that regard.

I believe Cheerwine is a NC thing...but we find it in TN and I actually picked up that batch at the Winn Dixie near the Fort.

I believe Cheerwine is a NC thing...but we find it in TN and I actually picked up that batch at the Winn Dixie near the Fort.

Yes, Cheerwine is an NC thing. When our son and his family lived in Port St. Lucie, we always had to take some to him because they couldn't find it anywhere.

BTW, Cheerwine is a must have with Lexington-style barbecue!

That is a VERY good question. It's not like they are available on eBay or anything.

I know. Trust me, if I ever see one of those kazoos for sale on ebay, I will buy it. They are priceless!

Yes, Cheerwine is an NC thing. When our son and his family lived in Port St. Lucie, we always had to take some to him because they couldn't find it anywhere.

See, that's what great about this place.

You learn something new every day.

So, what does Cheerwine taste like? And what's with the name?

TCD

Ok, spill it. What makes BBQ "Lexington style"?

I know. Trust me, if I ever see one of those kazoos for sale on ebay, I will buy it. They are priceless!

See, that's what great about this place.

You learn something new every day.

So, what does Cheerwine taste like? And what's with the name?

TCD

It is a cherry flavored pop. Extremely carbonated.

I'm from Buffalo. Which is about as far from New York CITY, both physically and culturally, as you can get and still be in the same state.

Buffalo is basically a midwestern city...not a northeastern city. In Buffalo, you drink pop. A soda is a concoction with ice cream.

Yes, I knew you were from Buffalo.

But I didn't know that Buffalo was so backward that you call soda pop there.

But, I do like your chicken wings.

I sure am learning a lot.

TCD

Yes, I knew you were from Buffalo.

But I didn't know that Buffalo was so backward that you call soda pop there.

But, I do like your chicken wings.

I sure am learning a lot.

TCD

Given a choice between being a "backward" Buffalonian (yes, I said Buffalonian) who can legally drink a big-ass cup of POP, belch the National Anthem and then put down 30 wings, or a New Yawker who's idiot mayor tells them how much SODA they can drink, when to pick their nose and whether or not they can have dessert.....I'll take backward.

Before your next trip, remind me to tell you how Twin #2 repeatedly gets picked.

And, If you want, I'll tell you my secret "That Guy" strategy too.

TCD

Oh my god. Please, please PULLLEEEEEAAAAAZZZZEEEEE let Jody in on the "That Guy" strategy.

Do you know how many times we go through that place so he can be "That Guy".

Except he has never been picked as "that guy".

Which means I have to go back in again.

And again.

And again.

And I have to watch him pout.

Which isn't manly at all.

It's embarrassing.

I've taken to begging the CMs, please give me mercy and let him be That Guy!

Given a choice between being a "backward" Buffalonian (yes, I said Buffalonian) who can legally drink a big-ass cup of POP, belch the National Anthem and then put down 30 wings, or a New Yawker who's idiot mayor tells them how much SODA they can drink, when to pick their nose and whether or not they can have dessert.....I'll take backward.

A very valid argument.

Pop it is.

TCD's new mission, should he accept it, is to procure a bottle of this mystery substance and drink it.

Not without some Lexington BBQ.

Indeed.

Gwen needs to let me know what it is. We have quite a few BBQ joints around. I just need to track it down.

Oh my god. Please, please PULLLEEEEEAAAAAZZZZEEEEE let Jody in on the "That Guy" strategy.

Do you know how many times we go through that place so he can be "That Guy".

Except he has never been picked as "that guy".

Which means I have to go back in again.

And again.

And again.

And I have to watch him pout.

Which isn't manly at all.

It's embarrassing.

I've taken to begging the CMs, please give me mercy and let him be That Guy!

OK- I'll send him a PM. He's going to have to work on looking old and clueless.

TCD

As for Dave's story and TCD backing him up, as my Mother would say:

One lies, and the other one swears to it.

I saw Cheerwine at our Publix just last week!

I am so in for the burp contest with the DaveinTn family. I am the reigning champ in this house. :clint: