DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

They were some of the best steak fries I've had....crisp and perfectly seasoned. Although I only had one...the ladies were not sharing.

Wow.

They did not have steak fries when we ate dinner there. None of had a dish which included fries, but I looked around. Everyone had those soggy Disney fries.

All the times we have been back for lunch-it's just been the Disney fries.

The twins ate lunch there on the afternoon of January 2- and it was Disney fries.

If they are serving steak fries at dinner, I need to go back.

TCD

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Wow.

They did not have steak fries when we ate dinner there. None of had a dish which included fries, but I looked around. Everyone had those soggy Disney fries.

All the times we have been back for lunch-it's just been the Disney fries.

The twins ate lunch there on the afternoon of January 2- and it was Disney fries.

If they are serving steak fries at dinner, I need to go back.

TCD

And our dinner was on January 2...so they must have two kinds of fries. Merde Frites for lunch, and Pommes Frites for dinner.

And our dinner was on January 2...so they must have two kinds of fries. Merde Frites for lunch, and Pommes Frites for dinner.

Merde Fries?

LOL!

As you know, steak fries are very important to me.

So, I'm sharing a photo here.

First, here's your photo of one of the kids' meals:

DSCN1835.JPG

Now, here's a photo from TCD Twin #1 taken around 1 pm on the same day (January 2) :

NYE2012II078_zpsc7fa02dd.jpg

It looks to me like the kids' meal had steak fries at dinner too.

TCD

Ok, continuing on with our evening after our AWESOME dinner at Be Our Guest.

We left the restaurant and made a left. Which for those of you familiar with the layout of NF, you know took us past Under The Monkey Butt. We kept walking, right into Storybook Circus.

Anna got very excited when she saw the Barnstormer again, so INC took her and everyone except Izzy on that. Izzy and I just hung back and people watched a bit.

It was nice night for taking pictures of bathrooms.

DSCN1874.JPG

They did a really nice job with that building. It's almost too pretty to pee in.

It wasn't too long and the ladies were done on the Barnstormer. Anna LOVED it a whole lot, and kept signing "more!". But we disappointed her by moving on. We figure our girls are going to experience a lot of disappointment in life...why not start preparing them now how to handle it? :rofl3:

Emma, Gwen and Stella split off again to go exploring, leaving INC, Izzy, Anna and me to go do another one of those things that you'll never believe I hadn't done yet.

We went to the Tiki Room.

Hard to believe, but I don't recall seeing this show before. It's likely I did as a kid and don't remember it. And I do have very vague memories of Gilbert Gottfried annoying the crap out of me at Disney World. But I just don't remember it. So...we did it.

DSCN1875.JPG

DSCN1876.JPG

I really didn't think it was terrible. I sort of thought it was a cute show. But after the show when I expressed that opinion to INC and Izzy, Izzy simply stated "that thing sucks the life outta ya". So I guess I was wrong. Apparently the Tiki Room SMB. Are you all with Izzy or with me?

After the Tiki Room, it occured to me that we were in Adventureland. And that we were a mere handful of steps away from a certain something. So...even though I was still stuffed to the gills from dinner, we visited Aloha Isle.

DSCN1877.JPG

Yep! It's like Bill Cosby used to say...there's always room for a Dole Whip Float.

Or something like that.

We met back up with the girls and went over by the bridge into Liberty Square to catch the MSEP.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the MSEP? I'm pretty sure I have, on several occassions. But just in case you weren't aware....I hate the MSEP.

It's on my SMB list.

But we watched it anyways.

DSCN1878.JPG

DSCN1881.JPG

DSCN1882.JPG

DSCN1885.JPG

DSCN1889.JPG

For the record, I am not opposed to all nighttime parades.

I loved Spectromagic. It's not only a beautiful parade, but the music is uplifting in a "Disneyesque" sort of way. Unlike the MSEP music which was written by drugged out hippies.

I'm not kidding. These are the guys that wrote that music in 1967.

0010554e_medium.jpeg

Ok, maybe they don't look like hippies.

But I promise you they were on drugs.

Everyone was on drugs in 1967. I've seen Laugh In. I know.

Anyways, so I'm not a fan. But I survived it. And before long it was time for Wishes.

We were looking forward to this, as we hadn't seen Wishes in quite a while. Up to this point during our trip they were showing Holiday Wishes. Which is ok. But it's not Wishes, in my opinion. I love Wishes. It's magical. And emotional. And awe-inspiring. Plus, I like the excitement of not knowing for sure whether Tink will fly or plunge to his demise.

We got a spot right in the hub area in front of the castle. Our view was ever so slightly obstructed by a tree...so that we were not at all crowded. The view was great. But I think the tree scared a lot of the foreign tourists away.

Do they have trees in Brazil?

Anyways, here's my Wishes pics.

DSCN1891.JPG

There he goes!

DSCN1893.JPG

That fuzzy shot of Tink was taken with my regular still camera. I've already posted this earlier, but here is a frame from Gwen's video of his flight. Just for funs sake.

tink.png

Sort of resembles a certain bus driver, don't you think?

Moving along....

DSCN1894.JPG

DSCN1895.JPG

DSCN1896.JPG

DSCN1897.JPG

DSCN1898.JPG

DSCN1900.JPG

DSCN1901.JPG

DSCN1903.JPG

DSCN1905.JPG

DSCN1906.JPG

DSCN1907.JPG

DSCN1908.JPG

DSCN1909.JPG

Phew! That's a lot of fireworks pictures.

But I'm done.

We loved it, as always.

The crowds were pretty crazy at this point, and we were tired, so we made our way slowly to the boat and back to the Fort.

We only one day left before our departure.

But it was a good last day. And that is coming up in the next update....which includes "No, Wait...THIS Was Our Best Meal Of The Trip!".

Best quote of the TR so far... "It's almost too pretty to pee in."

DWF photo made me swoon (8 more days!!!!!!!)

Love the fireworks photos and agree... holiday Wishes is fine, but I love "regular" Wishes best of all.

Also love Spectro over MSEP - in large part because of the music. MSEP is ok, but the music makes my brain hurt after the first 5 minutes or so.

I am with you on the Tiki room and MSEP. MSEP totally SMB. I so want Spectro back...now I am going to go put on the music close my eyes and have my own private Wishes and Spectro showing.

tmi dude

I fell way behind on this report so here goes.

Way to go on hiding from the kids. Duck and Cover is an awesome tactic. Way to go.

For the record...without a doubt...ANTI skinny pants on dudes. Ick!

Sea Salt Caramel is now on my radar.

Love all the family photos.

B.O.G. looks fantastic! Those dishes looked fantabulous! Even the gray stuff, or is it grey stuff?

MSEP does not smb. Don't force me to take drastic measures.

I love the Wishes photos but could have done without the Tinkerdude photo. That's right up there with dudes in skinny pants.

Tiki Room SMB - I'm with Izzy. My DH and Kids are with you.

I bet I'd like IH.

Cool update :)

Thanks for reading, Carol!

Team Izzy.

Loved the Laugh In reference. Very funny!

MSEP does not SMB. It's not great, but it doesn't SMB.

TCD

The clarify...MSEP may not completely SMB in its entirety....but the music most definitely SMB.

Best quote of the TR so far... "It's almost too pretty to pee in."

DWF photo made me swoon (8 more days!!!!!!!)

Love the fireworks photos and agree... holiday Wishes is fine, but I love "regular" Wishes best of all.

Also love Spectro over MSEP - in large part because of the music. MSEP is ok, but the music makes my brain hurt after the first 5 minutes or so.

Yes! It makes my brain hurt too.

Glad you liked the bathroom humor. LOL.

I am with you on the Tiki room and MSEP. MSEP totally SMB. I so want Spectro back...now I am going to go put on the music close my eyes and have my own private Wishes and Spectro showing.

I'm with you...bring back Spectro. I thought I had read a while back that it was returning. But now I can't find anything on it.

I watched the parade once. Now I ride stuff during the parade.

Wise.

tmi dude

Agreed.

that's just funny

Agreed again.

Doh! I already got my first tag from this trip report. Will this be my second?

Oh, tag fairy!

fwiw... quickly flipped through my photos today and found pics of lunch at BoG and they were just regular ol' fries.

I could put up with the regular fries if I could get that turkey on baguette.

I fell way behind on this report so here goes.

Way to go on hiding from the kids. Duck and Cover is an awesome tactic. Way to go.

For the record...without a doubt...ANTI skinny pants on dudes. Ick!

Sea Salt Caramel is now on my radar.

Love all the family photos.

B.O.G. looks fantastic! Those dishes looked fantabulous! Even the gray stuff, or is it grey stuff?

MSEP does not smb. Don't force me to take drastic measures.

I love the Wishes photos but could have done without the Tinkerdude photo. That's right up there with dudes in skinny pants.

Ok...let's see: Ducking from kids = good. Skinny jeans on dudes = bad. Sea salt caramel = good. Family photos = good. BOG = good. Grey stuff (not gray) is delicous....so = good. MSEP = BAD (sorry, had to overrule you). Tinkerdude = bad.

Got it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!! Let's not get carried away. MSEP SMB. EWP...classic and awesome.

JMHO of course. :)

So...using that same rationale, why isn't the MSEP classic and awesome?

They both use ridiculous lights and even more ridiculous music.

I'm afraid we may have to agree to disagree on this one.

So...using that same rationale, why isn't the MSEP classic and awesome?

They both use ridiculous lights and even more ridiculous music.

I'm afraid we may have to agree to disagree on this one.

I don't completely disagree with you. The EWP does use ridiculous lights. And the music kinda SMB. But the whole experience of sitting on the beach watching it is awesome and has become such a good memory for my girls. Even better...we typically turn in pretty early our first night after traveling, and I love hearing that music while laying in bed. It means we've arrived. So...for those reasons I submit that the EWP does not SMB.

Ok...let's see: Ducking from kids = good. Skinny jeans on dudes = bad. Sea salt caramel = good. Family photos = good. BOG = good. Grey stuff (not gray) is delicous....so = good. MSEP = BAD (sorry, had to overrule you). Tinkerdude = bad.

Got it.

I don't completely disagree with you. The EWP does use ridiculous lights. And the music kinda SMB. But the whole experience of sitting on the beach watching it is awesome and has become such a good memory for my girls. Even better...we typically turn in pretty early our first night after traveling, and I love hearing that music while laying in bed. It means we've arrived. So...for those reasons I submit that the EWP does not SMB.

:facepalm: I have no words.

Well, I will say that you redeemed yourself a little bit with the last part of the above comment, but just a little bit.