DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

Ok....here's a few random ones.

599460_427727093954951_1380335453_n.jpg

546140_343649189029409_481048039_n.jpg

485301_320069521387376_1643800219_n.jpg

Dave, I just have to say it one time. We tell you all the time how blessed you are by having Anna BUT she is even more blessed to have been adopted into such a wonderful family. Those sweet and sassy smiles, if adopted by others, might not have happened.

Look at Anna's face here looking at Josephine.

DSCN1912.JPG

DSCN1913.JPG

DSCN1914.JPG

I loved that moment.

Are you trying to make us all teary eyed this morning? That is just precious!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Josie + Anna = :heart:

Great photos!

That Josie is a Fort treasure. But Good Lord, that lady can talk!

That reminds me that it's been a while since I've had one of those bagel sandwiches.

I've got to do something about that.

I also love the pony picture.

Great little update you got there.

TCD

Thanks Andrew. You ARE overdue for a bagel sandwich. Take a picture, please.

Don't buy into Dave's fantasy of Tink being a guy.

We need to talk Kim.

Nope, not gonna get sucked into that conversation.

By the simple act of saying you won't get sucked into the conversation....you have confirmed what we have known all along.

LOU READS TRIP REPORTS!!

Dave, I just have to say it one time. We tell you all the time how blessed you are by having Anna BUT she is even more blessed to have been adopted into such a wonderful family. Those sweet and sassy smiles, if adopted by others, might not have happened.

Are you trying to make us all teary eyed this morning? That is just precious!

Aww, thanks Rebel!! :heart:

And yes.

Those really are precious pictures of Anna and Josephine. And, I agree with TCD. She's a fixture at the Fort, part of what makes it what it is.

One of the last times we were there and I was hanging out on the porch while my boys played horseshoes, she was playing giant ring toss with another smaller child using hula hoops. I watched for a while and wondered how many games of ring toss, horseshoes, jenga, etc. etc. that woman has played over the years. And yet, she seems to enjoy each as if it were the first time she's done it. She appears to be one of those rare individuals who chooses happiness over misery, and really enjoys her job.

Speaking of Fort CM's, has anyone ever noticed the musket Mickey boleros the male servers wear at TE? I want one!

DSCN1914.JPG

:heartsmiley:

DSCN1915.JPG

STAMPEDE!!!!

That's a really cool shot! Actually, are those pony ride ponies? Being all white out in a group makes me think they might be the Cinderella coach ponies?

When the pups do that here we call it "the zoomies." Never see pony zoomies before - looks like a party!

Those really are precious pictures of Anna and Josephine. And, I agree with TCD. She's a fixture at the Fort, part of what makes it what it is.

One of the last times we were there and I was hanging out on the porch while my boys played horseshoes, she was playing giant ring toss with another smaller child using hula hoops. I watched for a while and wondered how many games of ring toss, horseshoes, jenga, etc. etc. that woman has played over the years. And yet, she seems to enjoy each as if it were the first time she's done it. She appears to be one of those rare individuals who chooses happiness over misery, and really enjoys her job.

Speaking of Fort CM's, has anyone ever noticed the musket Mickey boleros the male servers wear at TE? I want one!

I love that Josephine is a constant...someone who has been there for every trip I have made with my kids. A lot of things at the Fort change, but some things thankfully stay the same. For now.

:heartsmiley:

STAMPEDE!!!!

That's a really cool shot! Actually, are those pony ride ponies? Being all white out in a group makes me think they might be the Cinderella coach ponies?

When the pups do that here we call it "the zoomies." Never see pony zoomies before - looks like a party!

It was a major pony party. And you may be right about them being the Cindy coach ponies. At first I thought one of them might be Snow, who does pony rides, but they all look too agile and spunky to be Snow.

I love coloring ! Anna and Josephine photos are so great that they should be sent to Disney and then put in a Cast member publication to remind everyone what it is all about !

Good idea!

I have one :raspberry:

I remember when you procured that. It was a gift for Rick, right?

I've been looking for another one for a future raffle ever since - so far, no luck.

Keep looking!

Anytime... But you will not change my mind. I LOVE the water pageant AND MSEP. :heart: May they both endure throughout the ages! FUEGO!

Oy. I mean Pie. Yes, that's it. Pie.

I remember when you procured that. It was a gift for Rick, right?

Yes, a gift for Rick. Every day when we would go to breakfast at TE, he pestered the CMs on getting a bolo, so when that came up for auction, I pounced on it!

But..... what's his is mine, right :) :jumpforjoy

HI-JACK ALERT, HI_JACK ALERT, sorry Dave. You'll have your TR which BTW I haven't read right after this.

She appears to be one of those rare individuals who chooses happiness over misery, and really enjoys her job.

Mo, where's the "don't poke the bear" smiley, I need it?

Is there a back story to Josephine's life where she should be miserable? People who love and enjoy their job are not that rare at WDW. But not every CM is in a position where their job is to blow pixie dust up people's butts so that they can feel the so called and imaginary, magic.

With over 66,000 CMs, most of them have a job that does not require them to make the "magic" except maybe in rare circumstances. They are their to provide a service.

Recently my wife and I were on a WDW bus, yup I was a passenger on a WDW bus. The driver politely said hello to everyone, closed the door and took us to MK. I heard a rider say, "well, he wasn't that magical". WHAT, what did you expect him to do lady? Maybe play "when you wish upon a star" through his nose or maybe spread roses as you walked to your seat. He's a bus driver. He drives the bus from point A to point B, get over it. Not magical, I've got your magic right here lady. Did I just say that out loud.

Anna and Josephine photos are so great that they should be sent to Disney and then put in a Cast member publication to remind everyone what it is all about!

Mo, don't put that "don't poke the bear" smiley away.

They already have that publication schmuck face, no offense. Besides, it's Big Kahuna and he take it and he'll give it right back to me.

Where was I? Oh ya, the publication is called "Eyes and Ears", and every month it's filled with story after story about great CMs. There is no shortage of them. So no need to REMIND CMs what the vast majority, not all, of them already know.

Now get on the bus, sit down, and be quiet while I drive.

HI-JACK ALERT, HI_JACK ALERT, sorry Dave. You'll have your TR which BTW I haven't read right after this.

Mo, where's the "don't poke the bear" smiley, I need it?

Is there a back story to Josephine's life where she should be miserable? People who love and enjoy their job are not that rare at WDW. But not every CM is in a position where their job is to blow pixie dust up people's butts so that they can feel the so called and imaginary, magic.

With over 66,000 CMs, most of them have a job that does not require them to make the "magic" except maybe in rare circumstances. They are their to provide a service.

Recently my wife and I were on a WDW bus, yup I was a passenger on a WDW bus. The driver politely said hello to everyone, closed the door and took us to MK. I heard a rider say, "well, he wasn't that magical". WHAT, what did you expect him to do lady? Maybe play "when you wish upon a star" through his nose or maybe spread roses as you walked to your seat. He's a bus driver. He drives the bus from point A to point B, get over it. Not magical, I've got your magic right here lady. Did I just say that out loud.

Mo, don't put that "don't poke the bear" smiley away.

They already have that publication schmuck face, no offense. Besides, it's Big Kahuna and he take it and he'll give it right back to me.

Where was I? Oh ya, the publication is called "Eyes and Ears", and every month it's filled with story after story about great CMs. There is no shortage of them. So no need to REMIND CMs what the vast majority, not all, of them already know.

Now get on the bus, sit down, and be quiet while I drive.

My goodness. For someone who doesn't read these things, you certainly have your dander up over this one!

When I made those comments about Josephine, I didn't mean that she was cheerful as compared to other CM's, I meant as compared to people in general. Not that CM's aren't people. Wait I seem to be digging a bigger hole…….

In all seriousness I did mean that from my heart. She is always happy. If she does have any yucky stuff going on in her life or in her past, she doesn't display it. I admire that in others because I don't always do it myself. And I do not enjoy being around the opposite type of personality that seems driven to try and pass their misery on to everyone around them. Kinda like the lady you encountered on your bus ride. I can only imagine what she must have said once she got inside the park and that first parent cut her off with their stroller.

Yes, a gift for Rick. Every day when we would go to breakfast at TE, he pestered the CMs on getting a bolo, so when that came up for auction, I pounced on it!

But..... what's his is mine, right :) :jumpforjoy

That's right. What is it that wives say? "What's his is mine and what's mine is mine." :rofl3:

Since when do we have special hijack alerts in red font around here? Hijacks are expected and appreciated. Just try to be a little less like Carl from "Up!" the next time you jump into my report.

In fact, I think that's my new name for you. MagicBus....aka Carl.

My goodness. For someone who doesn't read these things, you certainly have your dander up over this one!

Don't you need hair to have dander?

No, Wait...THIS Was Our Best Meal Of The Trip!

We have arrived at our last day of the trip...our last park, and our last dinner. :(

I already told you about our breakfast on the porch, and the Crazy Pony Party.

But for our last night, we had a dinner reservation that I was really looking forward to!

I originally had booked this restaurant earlier in the trip. But I canceled that ADR as it wasn't going to fit our plans. So early in our 2nd week, I stopped at the Concierge Window at Pioneer Hall and made another reservation.

Where to?

The Biergarten!!

We had never dined here before. Which is crazy, being that I was practically raised by a German Grandma who cooked all sorts of German delicacies. But I just never figured INC and the kids would enjoy it, as they aren't crazy about most German food. But this trip would be different. We were going to Germany!

DSCN1917.JPG

I booked the last possible lunch dining time, so that we would pay lunch prices but it would essentially be our dinner.

Smart, right?

We arrived at the podium about 10 minutes prior to our reservation. The two little Von Trapp snots working the check in took my name. But they could not locate my reservation.

What The Fort??

I kindly asked Gretel if she could check again. She whispered something to Hansel, and they conferred. Hansel then tells me that they could locate it with my phone number. That didn't work. Gretel suggested an email. No go. This is where I get angry at myself...as I always bring my printed confirmation with me for just this sort of problem. Even though I've never had a problem. Until now. And I neglected to bring the confirmation slip with me. :banghead:

I asked if we could get in standby. Hansel said no. Gretel sneered at me. So I walked away, and tried calling Disney Dining to see if they could locate my reservation. They could not. But they could make another reservation for me. Yay! Only problem is, they cannot make a reservation within a 1 hour window. So they made one for us at 4:30, rather than 3:30. Which meant we'd pay dinner pricing, rather than lunch pricing. But we were there, and I wanted German food dammit. So I made the reservation, and we went to ride the Maelstrom to pass some time.

Around 4:15 we returned, and Gretel checked us in, acting as if she'd never seen us before.

Since when did they start staffing the German pavilion with French kids?

After just a short wait, we were lead in to our table.

We were in Bavaria!!

DSCN1926.JPG

DSCN1927.JPG

The ambience in this place is fantastic. I forgot all about my ADR snafu and decided to enjoy myself.

This helped immensely.

DSCN1923.JPG

INC's eyes got wide with this one!

DSCN1924.JPG

Our server was a lovely older woman from Bavaria. She took excellent care of us, and insisted we take our time and enjoy ourselves. I told her later in the meal that we didn't want to hold up her table too long...and she said "please take your time, I'm tired and could use a break before the next group comes in". :)

So we lucked out with our server for sure.

After bringing our drinks, she sent us up to the buffet.

Oh my!

I started with the salads.

DSCN1918.JPG

DSCN1919.JPG

I could fill up on those salads...but that was only the beginning. This was shaping up to be anything but your typical Disney buffet!!

My first plate.....first of MANY!

DSCN1922.JPG

Number two....

DSCN1925.JPG

Number Three.....

DSCN1928.JPG

Do you notice one common thread with each of those plates??

Some pics of the hot entrees at the buffet...

DSCN1933.JPG

DSCN1934.JPG

DSCN1935.JPG

This was a pretty extensive and well stocked buffet. Everything was fresh, too. I enjoyed almost everything!

Need something to wash all that food down with?

DSCN1921.JPG

As we were getting near the end of our dinner, before hitting the dessert buffet, the band came out to entertain us.

DSCN1929.JPG

DSCN1930.JPG

This guy was unbelievable playing the bells. I couldn't believe how quickly he could move!

DSCN1931.JPG

DSCN1932.JPG

REEE-Cola!!!

DSCN1937.JPG

Ooompah!

Ooompah!!!

I love German music.

AND dancing!

Go Anna Go!!!

DSCN1938.JPG

DSCN1939.JPG

DSCN1940.JPG

We had great seats to watch the band and watch Anna dance. Izzy took her out there, as I was WAY too full to move from my chair. I ate my weight in schnitzel and pretzel bread. And everything else on that buffet. And I hadn't even hit the dessert buffet yet!

But of course, I did.

DSCN1941.JPG

Can you say "Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce"?

Oh my!

I was so glad our server told us to take our time, because if I had had to move at that moment something would have broken.

And it wouldn't have been pretty.

But despite how full I was, this was an AWESOME meal. I enjoyed it even more than BOG. The girls disagree. BOG was their favorite. And despite what some may think, BOG was actually cheaper than Biergarten. That surprised me. Of course, Biergarten is all you can eat. But it's not like you walk away from BOG hungry. So considering the atmosphere, the food quality and the "cool factor", BOG is actually not a bad deal.

But I still had more fun at Biergarten. I was able to get my fill of German food. And get my Inner Oompah on.

I did want to commemorate exactly how full I was, so I took an unfortunate photo of my belly at the end of the meal.

That is coming up in the next update....All Hail The Oompah Belly! Which as it turns out...should pretty much wrap this one up. And considering that tomorrow is the one month anniversary of me starting the report...it's past time for me to finish it. So stay tuned....

No. I don't want this report to end!

And I especially don't want to see any picture of your gut.

I noticed the pretzel bread on each of your plates before you even asked the question.

Well done!

I have never stepped foot in that restaurant.

I, like you, figured my girls would have no interest in it.

But, I am interested.

They like pretzel bread.

That may be enough to get them to go.

I'm really hungry now.

TCD

No. I don't want this report to end!

And I especially don't want to see any picture of your gut.

I noticed the pretzel bread on each of your plates before you even asked the question.

Well done!

I have never stepped foot in that restaurant.

I, like you, figured my girls would have no interest in it.

But, I am interested.

They like pretzel bread.

That may be enough to get them to go.

I'm really hungry now.

TCD

Want to go in July? Sil and I are going but the place is more fun with a crowd.

Inside the one corral of white ponies was one that was going NUTS! It was tearing around in circles inside that pen as fast as he could. I tried to get some pictures but it's hard to show how fast a pony is moving in a still shot. This one sort of came out.

DSCN1915.JPG

Makes me think twice about putting my kid on top of that crazy thing. :rofl3:

That's one of Cindy's ponies. Kids don't ride those. Although that would be AWESOME. Imagine that thing freaking out while it was pulling Cindy's carriage down Mainstreet.

Would be epic.