DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

I'm familiar with snapchat but have never used it. That's the one where you can send pics but they disappear within several seconds of being viewed? I can see having fun with that.

Yup, that's the one.

I have heard that kids use it for bad purposes. And, the reciever can screen cap the photo before it disappears. So, some parents say it isn't appropriate for their kids to use. My kids know that there will be heck to pay if they do anything bad with their electronics, so we enjoy snapchat. But you might be called a bad parent if you let your kids use it.

But one thing...playing "Where's Waldo" is a lot more fun if you don't draw a circle around him. You have read the books, right?

Are you kidding me?

I probably have suffered through every one of Waldo's stupid books.

I even have bad memories of a Waldo TV show.

I hate Waldo.

I always had a heck of a time finding him. That's why I drew the circle.

You know what was worse than Waldo?

Do you remember those "magic eye" things?

Oy.

TCD

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

I'm not sure what else we did on January 1st. I didn't think we did anything else. And yet this next picture was on my camera dated 1/1/2013. And this looks like the Peoplemover, does it not?

DSCN1810.JPG

Which sort of tells me we went to the Magic Kingdom that evening.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that this was the night we went over just to get dessert. We saw TCD and the twins on the boat over. I think they were going to the Poly for dinner. We got sundaes from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, except for Stella who prefers Cotton Candy.

We rode the Peoplemover, watched CoP, and headed back to the Fort.

NOW we are done with January 1.

Coming up....Our Best Meal Of The Trip!!

Sorry, with all the other comments, I forgot to comment on this.

Yes, January 1 was the night that we ran in to each other on the MK boat. You and your gang were on your way to MK for dessert. The TCD gang was just heading to dinner.

I think I know where the best meal of your trip was, and I am looking forward to hearing about it.

TCD

Are you kidding me?

I probably have suffered through every one of Waldo's stupid books.

I even have bad memories of a Waldo TV show.

I hate Waldo.

I always had a heck of a time finding him. That's why I drew the circle.

You know what was worse than Waldo?

Do you remember those "magic eye" things?

Oy.

TCD

I knew that, raising your kids during the time you have, you must have been familiar with the general concept of Waldo. He is pretty gone now, as far as I know, so I don't think my kids are that familiar with him. Thankfully.

Sorry, with all the other comments, I forgot to comment on this.

Yes, January 1 was the night that we ran in to each other on the MK boat. You and your gang were on your way to MK for dessert. The TCD gang was just heading to dinner.

I think I know where the best meal of your trip was, and I am looking forward to hearing about it.

TCD

Yep...although if you review my headlines on page 1, you may note that I quickly doubted myself before the trip was even over.

Our Best Meal Of The Trip!

January 2nd...getting close to the end of our trip. But by no means are we over yet. We have an awesome day planned!

But, our "day" doesn't really get underway until later that afternoon, when we head to the MK for our dinner at Be Our Guest. So, once again we have some good Fortin' Relaxin' to do!

We started the morning off with some coffee drinking and relaxing on the porch. We then decided that some waffles sounded good. As in the waffles at Roaring Forks at the WL.

A little background...on our last trip to the Fort, I found a breakfast that rivaled the Tonga Toast for me for favorite WDW breakfast. I had fallen head over heals in love with the Wilderness Waffles at RF.

Here is a pic from our November 2011 trip of those Wilderness Waffles.

P1030007.JPG

Mickey waffles, with Maple Butter and Candied Pecans.

That's right.....MAPLE butter....and CANDIED Pecans!

They were as good as they sound.

And I was SO looking forward to them again.

So off we went to hop the bus to the Lodge.

When we got there it was after 10am, and I was afraid they were going to stop serving breakfast soon. So we boogied our way to RF. But it turns out they serve breakfast until 11, so we were fine.

We found a couple tables outside, and I went in to order with the older girls.

INC wanted the Bananas Foster waffles, so I ordered those as well as the girls' Chocolate Chip Waffles. But while looking at the menu board, I was perplexed. I couldn't find the Wilderness Waffles. So I asked the girl making INC's waffles. She told me they don't have them anymore.

What The Fort??!!?

My mood abruptly dropped into a pit. I started frothing at the mouth. What the heck were those Idiot Managers at RF thinking?? I lost my appetite.

Yes, I can be a big baby when my stomach is disappointed. I didn't order anything for myself.

As it turns out, we had plenty of leftovers for me to pick at of INC's and the girls' waffles. Including these Chocolate Waffles...

DSCN1812.JPG

But I left there not too happy. Boo Disney!

After that disappointment, we headed back to the Fort.

I took this cute pic of Anna...too bad the toilet is in the background! :rofl2:

DSCN1811.JPG

More Anna pics...we haven't met our quota for the day.

DSCN1813.JPG

DSCN1814.JPG

Around mid-afternoon, we headed to the MK where we had reservations at BOG.

I know you've either seen this place by now in person or in pictures...but it really is beautiful. The whole area around it, inside and out, is spectacular.

Tell me that doesn't look like a real waterfall.

DSCN1816.JPG

DSCN1818.JPG

Before long we were paged and lead inside the restaurant.

These gargoyle columns are very cool.

DSCN1819.JPG

We were informed we were dining in the West Wing...which I had heard good things about. It may not be as beautiful a space as the ballroom, but it is more intimate and has some very cool effects including the rose and the portrait. So we were not disappointed.

We walked through the ballroom to get to the West Wing.

DSCN1820.JPG

These greeted us at our table.

DSCN1822.JPG

And this portrait hangs on the wall.

DSCN1821.JPG

DSCN1824.JPG

The rose...

DSCN1846.JPG

Stella enjoying her napkin rose.

DSCN1826.JPG

DSCN1827.JPG

The West Wing is quite dimly lit, and I didn't bring my glasses. So I borrowed the "candle" from the table and stretched my arms as far as they would go to read the menu.

DSCN1828.JPG

Our server brought some wonderful french rolls and butter with sea salt.

DSCN1831.JPG

Sea salt is definitely an "in" thing with Disney these days.

While we were looking over the menus, we received our first of two visits from the Beast.

DSCN1832.JPG

Beast Butt with Ghost Orb!

DSCN1833.JPG

We ordered a couple of appetizers to share.

The mussels.

DSCN1834.JPG

Some of the ladies got french onion soup, or salads. I didn't get any other app pics....too busy eating my mussels!

For entrees, we got.....

Kids' grilled chicken with fries and broccoli.

DSCN1835.JPG

A couple of the women folk got the steak and fries. They RAVED about it.

DSCN1836.JPG

Gwen got the salmon and said it was the best she'd had.

DSCN1837.JPG

Izzy got the pork chop. This was good...but has a rather strong thyme taste, so only order this if you like that.

DSCN1838.JPG

I ordered the Shrimp and Scallop in puff pastry. This was so GOOD!

DSCN1839.JPG

While we were eating, a thunderstorm struck...actually it was just special effects with lightening and thunder, which makes the portrait on the wall fleetingly flash over to the Beast's picture. Anna was not at all crazy about this little bit of Disney magic.

DSCN1840.JPG

It's funny, because she is not typically afraid of real thunderstorms. But this was LOUD, and it was pretty dark in there so it scared her.

Everyone was quite pleased with their meals. After dinner was over, the server wheeled over the cupcake cart.

DSCN1842.JPG

Before INC and I even had a chance to discuss whether we were ordering dessert, Izzy piped in and ordered one for herself.

DSCN1841.JPG

She normally has such a tiny appetite, we weren't about to stop her. So of course we let all the girls pick one out for themselves. There was plenty for INC and I to try bites of each one. I think everyone had a different opinion on which was best...let's just say they were all good. But for the record, this was MY favorite.

DSCN1844.JPG

Our waitress also brought several tastes of the Grey Stuff for us to try. It really IS delicious!

DSCN1843.JPG

We were STUFFED at this point. And we all agreed it had been our BEST meal of the trip. The food was excellent. The ambience is unbelievably beautiful. The service was good. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

(Picture limit...to be continued.)

(...Continued)

After dinner, you are invited to head into the library to meet your host...the Beast.

On the way there, I took my time taking in the beauty of the ballroom.

DSCN1850.JPG

The snow effect outside the windows is gorgeous.

DSCN1851.JPG

Tell me this isn't spectacular.

DSCN1852.JPG

Even the ceiling is incredible.

DSCN1853.JPG

DSCN1855.JPG

After a very short wait, we got to see the Beast. Anna went right up.

DSCN1857.JPG

DSCN1858.JPG

DSCN1859.JPG

Sorry for the dark pics...I didn't have my camera set right for the lighting environment. And it's dark in there!

This is better.

DSCN1860.JPG

Anna is not quite sure what to make of the Beast. She ran up to him. But she was looking back at INC too.

Here she's more comfortable.

DSCN1861.JPG

We got all the ladies in there.

DSCN1863.JPG

The photographer took my camera so I could get in.

DSCN1864.JPG

Then we made our way out...but first we checked out the hall of armor.

DSCN1865.JPG

These guys are pretty cool...how they talk to you. A little freaky at first though.

DSCN1866.JPG

DSCN1867.JPG

As I mentioned earlier....this restaurant is just full of beautiful details. Like these.

DSCN1868.JPG

DSCN1869.JPG

DSCN1870.JPG

DSCN1871.JPG

DSCN1872.JPG

Beautiful, isn't it?

So that's our BOG dinner.

Coming up in the next update...the rest of our MK evening. It'll absolutely suck the life out of you.

Ok you're killing me with your Epcot day.

Labatt on tap + the 2 most awesomest forms of caramel on the planet = :holysheep:

Add in TCD's iSMB = brilliant day!

random comment -

I am PRO Waldo, but ANTI skinny jeans (even on skinny guys)

Love all your pics of BoG and so glad you enjoyed the meal. Your review was pretty much right on target with what we and our friends thought when we ate there. I had the same thing you did and it was great and a whole lot better than I expected.

Oh and their 3yo girl was not super psyched about the West Wing either. She was originally seated with a view of the beasts portrait until her dad smartly moved her around to the other side of the table and then got really good at predicting the thunder and distracting her. 8)

Super pics of Anna and all your lovely ladies!

Oh and count me amongst the ranks of those not looking for this TR to end.

Ok you're killing me with your Epcot day.

Labatt on tap + the 2 most awesomest forms of caramel on the planet = :holysheep:

Add in TCD's iSMB = brilliant day!

random comment -

I am PRO Waldo, but ANTI skinny jeans (even on skinny guys)

Love all your pics of BoG and so glad you enjoyed the meal. Your review was pretty much right on target with what we and our friends thought when we ate there. I had the same thing you did and it was great and a whole lot better than I expected.

Oh and their 3yo girl was not super psyched about the West Wing either. She was originally seated with a view of the beasts portrait until her dad smartly moved her around to the other side of the table and then got really good at predicting the thunder and distracting her. 8)

Super pics of Anna and all your lovely ladies!

Oh and count me amongst the ranks of those not looking for this TR to end.

Well, we only have one more day to cover...and this report will be wrapped up...a few more updates. But there is still a LOT to cover in that time.

I could eat some of that caramel right now! Love it.

Nice to know we don't have any skinny man jean fans around here...at least not yet. I am going to go so far as to say, that SMJ SMB.

That dinner looked great! I didn't know they serve steaks for dinner. Love all the pics.

If I dined there again, I would definitely get the steak. (not that I didn't enjoy the seafood in puff pastry). And the green beans they served with the steak were perfect.

more more more... sorry short on comments today..

That's unlike you. Hope you are feeling ok!

Excellent photos on BOG food. The steaks did look delicious. So what does the grey stuff taste like ?

It tastes like cookies and cream mousse, in my opinion.

Those caramel items look sooooooooooooooooooo good. And so does the food at BOG. I'm hungry now. Even though I just ate.

I'm hungry too just thinking about it.

BOG is incredible!!! The absolute BEST part of New Fantasyland!!!

Agreed!

I'm behind here so let me catch up.

Such a bummer Izzy was not feeling well but I'm glad they didn't charge you for her or INC.

I'm anti skinny jeans on dudes as well. Which oddly enough someone bought my 4 yr old a pair. I didn't realize that they were until I took the tags off and put them on. My husband had a fit. They look silly even on a little kid and they were more of fitted than a true skinny jean.

I went to France back in '99 and the only thing I bought was a French version of Where's Waldo. I'll take a pic tomorrow and share it with you :)

Caption contest I will stick with my original statement earlier, "you look like a tool and the video sucks".

I spent day in pretrip planning mode. Checking to see if the new suitcase and toiletry bag for WWW were keepers, doing the first of the twice weekly laundry, preping the homeschooling materials for while i am gone and cleaning that thing I call a closet/shelf if baskets/office supply thingy. While I could enjoy the TR, I had nothing left in my mind to give to it.

I didn't notice it before but his iPad case is a "B". Could it be for iSM Butt?

Could be...maybe his name is Samuel Mohamed Butt.

Sorry about them discontinuing your waffles.

Great pix of BOG. We weren't able to get a table on our Christmas trip and not having any luck getting them for may-June trip.

I hope you get a table...it was fun and tasty.

I'm behind here so let me catch up.

Such a bummer Izzy was not feeling well but I'm glad they didn't charge you for her or INC.

I'm anti skinny jeans on dudes as well. Which oddly enough someone bought my 4 yr old a pair. I didn't realize that they were until I took the tags off and put them on. My husband had a fit. They look silly even on a little kid and they were more of fitted than a true skinny jean.

I went to France back in '99 and the only thing I bought was a French version of Where's Waldo. I'll take a pic tomorrow and share it with you :)

Caption contest I will stick with my original statement earlier, "you look like a tool and the video sucks".

I still love your caption. Win or lose, that deserves an Anna hug. :)

I spent day in pretrip planning mode. Checking to see if the new suitcase and toiletry bag for WWW were keepers, doing the first of the twice weekly laundry, preping the homeschooling materials for while i am gone and cleaning that thing I call a closet/shelf if baskets/office supply thingy. While I could enjoy the TR, I had nothing left in my mind to give to it.

Fair enough...I know the "nothing left to give" feeling well. :bighug:

Dave-

I'm glad that you decided to go forward with your visit to BOG. I know you were on the fence about it. It looks like you had a great time. I didn't know the Beast visited the dining rooms. He wasn't there yet when we visited.

Are my old eyes deceiving me, or are those steak fries that y'all got with your meals? The certainly don't look like the wimpy Disney fries that I remember them serving to us.

TCD

Dave-

I'm glad that you decided to go forward with your visit to BOG. I know you were on the fence about it. It looks like you had a great time. I didn't know the Beast visited the dining rooms. He wasn't there yet when we visited.

Are my old eyes deceiving me, or are those steak fries that y'all got with your meals? The certainly don't look like the wimpy Disney fries that I remember them serving to us.

TCD

Beast wanders through the dining rooms on his way in and out of his greeting area. When we were in the West Wing, we were kindof around the corner from the main door. He barely walked inside the doorway of the West Wing and from our table, could never even see him. But it is absolutely not visiting with guests, more of a wave as he passes through.

He popped in a few times during our meal. Just a quick intro, a wave and a spin and on his way. No real meet & greet opportunities.

Steak fries are served with the (appropriately enough) steak. They looked great, but of course they're those fancy Pommes Frites kind. 8)

10B994B4-F1D3-45C8-8196-D2CC5DF4CA0B-564-000000C97D2A7FF5.jpg

Like TCD, I am perplexed by the "Charlie". Does this French Waldo employ a trio of Angels that solve crimes?

Or does he live in a chocolate factory?

Dave-

TCD

They were some of the best steak fries I've had....crisp and perfectly seasoned. Although I only had one...the ladies were not sharing.

Charlie?

Why couldn't they just have left his name?

French people=very strange.

TCD

Agreed.

Can you tell how much I got out of the trip if the only thing I bought was that book?

Interesting article by the way.

http://en.m.wikipedi...re's_Wally?

I'd be the same way.

Beast wanders through the dining rooms on his way in and out of his greeting area. When we were in the West Wing, we were kindof around the corner from the main door. He barely walked inside the doorway of the West Wing and from our table, could never even see him. But it is absolutely not visiting with guests, more of a wave as he passes through.

We had a good table for viewing him as he popped in. They introduced him, he came in, waved, shaked his Beast booty and left.

He popped in a few times during our meal. Just a quick intro, a wave and a spin and on his way. No real meet & greet opportunities.

Steak fries are served with the (appropriately enough) steak. They looked great, but of course they're those fancy Pommes Frites kind. 8)

I don't care what they call them...when they are that tasty, they could name them Poop Fries and I'd be all over them like flies on a monkey's butt.

Thanks and :bighug: back at ya. Feeling rested this morning and it's a rainy day so I should be full of it today

We are really in for it, aren't we?