DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

I'm behind on this report but trying to catch up. Having said that:

Poor Izzy! And, poor all the rest of y'all - like you said, it really takes the wind out of your sails to have someone get sick, even when you stay behind. I sure hope Izzy got better quickly.

This:

DSCN1747.JPG

is a fabulous picture! Love it!

Looking forward to more and hoping everyone stays well!

Aww, nervous laughter. That's the best kind.

I don't know...it makes me nervous.

Poor Izzy. I'm sorry she wasn't feeling well. It was good of Stella to get those autographs for her though!

Oh, and I absolutely love the photo of Emma getting silly in the Mickey sculpture photo! Go Emma!

Yeah, that it always nice to see!

I'm behind on this report but trying to catch up. Having said that:

Poor Izzy! And, poor all the rest of y'all - like you said, it really takes the wind out of your sails to have someone get sick, even when you stay behind. I sure hope Izzy got better quickly.

This:

is a fabulous picture! Love it!

Looking forward to more and hoping everyone stays well!

I am so glad the security guard offered to take that picture...we didn't get many of the entire family on this trip.

All your pictures are great, but that family picture is priceless!

Sorry to hear that Izzy didn't feel well on the trip.

Looking forward to more!

I know...poor Izzy doesn't feel well quite often (we give Vanderbilt Univ Med Center of lot of business), but it especially stinks at Disney.

Sorry to hear your New Year's was crappy. If it makes you feel any better, I spent New Year's eve driving home from Illinois, getting home at about 6:00, and falling asleep way before the ball dropped.

I'm a party animal.

I do have a comment about the Mickey ear's picture.

Couldn't you have used your camera's timer and the camera stand they have in front of the sculpture?

I do have a comment about the Mickey ear's picture.

Couldn't you have used your camera's timer and the camera stand they have in front of the sculpture?

Yes, which is actually what I was the in the process of trying to figure out when the security guard came over. It's a fairly new camera and we've never used the timer...so I was struggling to figure it out.

Just a VERY short update here to fill in the rest of our New Years Eve....which due to Izzy not feeling well was a bit blah.

After the rest of us finished at Chef Mickey's and made it back to the Fort, we headed to the trailer to check on Izzy and INC. They were chillin in the RV, and Izzy was just heading to bed. So we all hung out for a bit, and then after Anna and Stella went to bed, INC stayed back while Emma, Gwen and I went looping and did some Fiend visiting.

We stopped for a bit at Lorna's and Carol's site to visit with the Fiends that were there. Had a nice visit, and then headed back to check on INC before heading down to the marina around 11:30. We had briefly checked out the activities earlier, including the rubber duck pick game which not only SMB, but was a stupid waste of time. The line was LONG, and then you picked a duck, having to guess what you were going to pick. If you guessed right you got to pick from a selection of crappy prizes. Otherwise it was "See ya". Not many people were walking away happy from that.

In any case, when we arrived back at the marina at 11:30 the party was going on with loud music and such. We headed away from the crowds along the beach toward the canal to find a spot to view the fireworks. We had walked down from the campsite as the golf cart parking was WAY over by the TCD ranch. We carried our chairs down and found a quiet spot to sit along the water. There were not many people on that end of the beach. (although we did pass Donnie and his girlfriend/dog on the beach).

The fireworks started a few minutes before midnight...as there was a nice display up to around 11:59, and then a pause until ten seconds before midnight when the fireworks counted down to New Years. Then the sky lit up from all around Seven Seas Lagoon...even from way over at the Fort it was a sight to see.

Here are the shots I took.

Before Midnight:

DSCN1771.JPG

DSCN1772.JPG

DSCN1773.JPG

DSCN1774.JPG

DSCN1775.JPG

AFTER Midnight:

DSCN1776.JPG

DSCN1777.JPG

DSCN1778.JPG

DSCN1779.JPG

DSCN1780.JPG

It was a really incredible display!

I know it would have been awesome from the Poly (if you could get in there) or from the MK itself...but there is something to be said for walking 10 minutes from your campsite with your chairs, watching on a quiet beach with only about 10 other people around you, and then after it's over having a quick 10 minute walk back to your nice, warm bed.

It was perfect. Except missing INC and the other girls. But Emma, Gwen and I shared a nice hug at midnight. And that was very nice.

So that was our New Years Eve. Not perfect, but nice. And the next day we had plans to head back to Epcot. Coming up....

Dave, great report. I just spent the last half hour getting caught up since things have been so crazy i have not been on to much. Many great times you had at many different locations. Being from central NY I have to comment on Wegmans. I try to explain to my friends and family down here just how great this company and stores are. When I was up there a few years back a friend of mine took me to one of their premier stores in Rochester. I was overwhelmed. If they would move down to Florida, publix would finally have some stiff competition. Sorry about your NYE. Chef Mickey is a good place the food is nothing to write home about but the kids usually enjoy it.

While I'm sure Wegmans is a wonderful grocery store, I actually got tired of it when traveling in VA.

The bunch I was working with were in a classified facility, and had stuff spread all over the place, so instead of locking up, one person would run to Wegmans EVERY DAY to grab lunch and they would all eat at the office.

I mean it's good, but EVERY DAY??????

Great fireworks photos!

Thanks Gwen!

Great shots of the NYE fireworks, Dave! So sorry the evening didn't go as planned and that Izzy didn't feel well.

You've definitely got a point about the advantages of NOT braving the insane crowds and having a lovely, quiet celebration on the beach. :)

If it were just INC and I we would love to venture out somewhere for the fireworks...but with kids it gets difficult. So this worked for us, especially with us having to split up.

Good fireworks pics. Wish I could see New Year's there some day, but alas, it probably won't happen in the near future.

This very well may have been my only time.

Dave, great report. I just spent the last half hour getting caught up since things have been so crazy i have not been on to much. Many great times you had at many different locations. Being from central NY I have to comment on Wegmans. I try to explain to my friends and family down here just how great this company and stores are. When I was up there a few years back a friend of mine took me to one of their premier stores in Rochester. I was overwhelmed. If they would move down to Florida, publix would finally have some stiff competition. Sorry about your NYE. Chef Mickey is a good place the food is nothing to write home about but the kids usually enjoy it.

The premier stores, in particular near their home office in Rochester, are something else. And I agree on Chef Mickey's...I wouldn't go there without kids myself. The food is just ok. I do think the breakfast is better than dinner.

While I'm sure Wegmans is a wonderful grocery store, I actually got tired of it when traveling in VA.

The bunch I was working with were in a classified facility, and had stuff spread all over the place, so instead of locking up, one person would run to Wegmans EVERY DAY to grab lunch and they would all eat at the office.

I mean it's good, but EVERY DAY? ?????

I'm with you...I need some variety in my eating. I remember one time working for a month outside of Pittsburg and they brought in the same food for lunch everyday. For a month! Oy!

Having lived near a Wegmans. I prefer HEB in Texas. Two words homemade tortillas

Thank goodness we don't have those here or I would be in biiiiiiiiig trouble! And I mean BIG. 8)

When are you shipping some of these tortillas to Mo and me?