Bubbles and the fam do AoA and The Fort

Here's Bubbles and the Fam (Me, Brian, Pa, Mimi and Adam)

Photo0001FiveBySeven_zpsde75f5f3.jpg

I'm a SAHM and spend my time driving my son around, coordinating fundraising for his playgroup, helping plan and organizing the local food allergy walk, and dreaming of the day I will make it on to the Disney Moms Panel.

DH (Brian) has a really physical job and works a lot. He likes having movies in our backyard.

18984_580823898601803_2025145795_n_zpsb5aa867a.jpg

Mimi and Pa are both retired and awesome. They love WDW and are traveling all the time.

Adam is the best kid ever! He's full of energy, Disney loving (wants to be a firefighter there when he grows up or drive a bus). He knows the parks well and it makes me proud. He is also allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. This was his 3rd trip to Disney and the first time we had to buy him tickets and pay for meals, oh that hurts the wallet! Well, not mine but Brian's :)

This is 1 pic from each trip for Adam.

643923_10152210125800456_1949552250_n_zpsd51ef655.jpg

Our trip was back in Oct (the 24- Nov 1st) so hang in there with me, days might be confused, details forgotten, and well who knows else. Oh, and I'll warn you now I have the attention span of, oh look a squirrel! :1sm056pullhair:

This trip was different than our past trips in '10 and '11 (both were in Nov. the week before Thanksgiving week) they were planned out well in advanced, probably 8-10 months before hand, allowing me plenty of time to plan, plan, plan, make my ADR's the morning of my 180 day mark and drive my husband crazy about the trip. We also stayed at Pop Century with free dining for both trips. I love the planning, the figuring out which park days, the ADR's, stalking Southwest Airline for cheaper flights or better times, doing our countdown chain, half the fun for me is the planning. My husband, isn't into all that, he says he just wants to pay and go and leaves the details to me. Anyway, the reason this trip was different was we decided on Oct 12 we were going to WDW. My husband had planned back in April that he was saving his vacation and going to take it as a 3 week chunk, but we weren't going anywhere! :banghead: Seriously, WTF? who takes 3 weeks off and goes nowhere?!!? WHO?!?! No one in their right mind! This was pure torture for me as I promised my husband, that I wouldn't harass him about going to WDW and we would wait until Nov 2014 (I claimed I was going to train and doing the Wine and Dine 1/2 race :rofl3: ) but I still kept the faith and dropping hints, as did our almost 4 year old Adam. I eventually gave up and really did start to wog (you couldn't call it running, cuz it wasn't!) .

Mimi and Pa split their time between FL and NJ. They had been down there all of 3 weeks and Mimi decided to fly home and visit us for a week (when in NJ they live about 15 mins away and we see them a lot). Whenever Mimi and I are together we talk Disney and try and nag Brian into going, well, it must have worked because the night of 10/12 he told me to price a trip! Somehow we were able to snag good prices for Southwest and I had the trip booked in about 30 seconds. My parents wanted us to spend some time in Lakeland, and because of availability of the cabin at the Fort, we were doing a spilt trip. 10/24-10/27 at Art of Animation and then visit Lakeland and then stay in the cabin 10/30-11/1.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With little time to plan and pack, I got little sleep the next few nights. My biggest concern was matching shirts. I can't help myself, I love them for family vacations. Here's proof :)

2010 with Mimi and Pa

134500_10150341354085456_3692730_o_zps2debdedc.jpg

2011 this time with my brother, his wife and their 2 kids (some how I ended up with my niece in front of me)

391949_10151022864015456_1742376375_n_zps9065a259.jpg

so how could I let 2012 be any different? I really wanted the tie dye shirts in Halloween colors because they are awesome but the lady who makes them is not good at customer service at all, so I knew that was out. So I went on a hunt for matching shirts. After 5 Targets I could only find them for myself, Brian and Adam. Honestly I think Mimi and Pa were happy they were left out this year. (I'm still looking for a pic with us in them)

Our next hurdle was ADR's. We were going to pay out of pocket this year for meals, while the last 2 trips had been free dining. Since we were paying OOP (sidenote when I first typed this it said POO!) we were not going crazy with character meals but wanted a sit down a day because it's easier with Adam's food allergies. We have always had the best service and they have always been super accommodating. We had slim pickings but got the most important one, Hollywood and Vine. Adam loves Jake, Special Agent Oso and Handy Manny so this was a must do. I was disappointed we could never find a time that the Plaza Restaurant would work for us.

I was able to get tickets to MNSSHP and a reservation at Pirates Leaugue at 5:30 the day of MNSSHP. This was huge! Adam lives for everything of the pirate nature and I knew he'd go nuts for this. I was also able to get Brian and Adam haircuts at Harmony Barber shop. I was pretty excited about this since they both needed them. We could have easily done them at home (both have buzz cuts) but what fun would that be?!?

So our last planning hurtle was how to get to the airport. We normally could sucker someone into taking us and picking us up but this time we were going/coming during the week so no luck. Rapid Rover cost a decent chunk and is a PITA because it makes stops after they pick you up and before you get dropped off, not to mention the whole installing the carseat thing. A regular parking lot was also a pain because it meant dragging the luggage, stroller, carseat, kid, blah blah blah on a shuttle, off a shuttle, you get the picture. Finally I found Winner airport parking. You drive to their lot, check in and then they drive you to the airport (about 5-10 mins away). No need to move luggage, carseats, etc. So easy and I found a coupon making it decently priced. When you come home you call them after you have your luggage and they come in your car to pick you up and you drive them back to their lot or pay an extra $12 and then you leave right from the airport and one of their people gets them.

We have always been huge Southwest Fans because of their awesome (did I warn you I use "awesome" a lot?) credit policy, it's not as great as it used to be, but I love that I can change flights with no penalties and can even get credit if the price drops. Anywho, our main reason for loving them is they are great about peanut allergies. When I make our reservation I simply check off Adam has a peanut allergy and remind them again when we check in and they won't serve peanuts!

So let's get to the good stuff! Our trip!

Adam and I had been counting down, but then I realized this was going to backfire on me if he realized the night before we were leaving that it was the next day and he'd never sleep. So I confused him and added some days. I thought I was really slick. Yeah, it didn't work. He slept terrible and so did I. I let him come in bed with us around 2:30 and we both just laid there and weren't sleeping. Around 3am we both got a wicked case of the giggles and then that was the end. We had to be up soon anyway as we had a 6:30 flight and I'm super crazy about being at the airport 2 hours before. After giggling and singing M-I-C-K-E-YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for awhile, driving my husband bonkers we decided to get ready.

This is Adam at 3:30 am.

550654_10152175681005456_179915458_n_zps738e8f39.jpg

He was ready to go! Notice the post its behind him? That was our countdown. We normally have a nice countdown chain but there was no time for that!

We left the house a little later than I wanted so I started to panic we would be late. Winner parking was a breeze and we were at the airport by 5:15. Security was quick. TSA really seems kinda half assed. We carry a nebulizer for Adam and a bunch of epi pens and stuff. I asked if we should take them out and then said no. I thought they'd want to look at it but whatever, makes it easier for me. My husband forgot to take off his belt so he had to go again.

Our gate was the farthest gate Southwest had, which was fine because we had time to kill. Brian normally likes to go get a donut, but the donate place might as well be in NJ it's so stinking far from where we where. He decided to skip it and I think we may have gotten bagels? I don't remember I know I brought a bunch of stuff for Adam.

Here's our plane. It has Maryland's state flag on it.

photo9_zpsc4a66e76.jpg

While we were sitting and waiting, I checked the stroller and checked in again reminding them of the peanut allergy. Then I was giving my preboard pass so I could go on before general boarding and wipe down our seats and stuff. My husband noticed 2 men that boarded way before anyone and said he never saw them show tickets but went down with the flight crew. We thought maybe they were air marshals? Then I started to panic thinking what if they are on the flight for a reason? Brian told me where to sit in reference to them but of course I panicked and forgot when I got on board! The 2 guys were sitting together in about row 5 and sort of looked air marshal type. While I was cleaning the one guy said something to me and I said why I was wiping everything down and said I was surprised how clean my wipes were and he said it was a newer plane and then told me some stuff about it. So I'm not sure if maybe they were crew? I have no idea, but I swear I saw the badge type chain necklaces under the one guys shirt. I really don't know if I felt better or worse that they were on board. The flight was fine, Adam never slept, I dozed off and on and I'm not sure about Brian. They didn't serve peanuts and all was good!

We landed early and were on our way to the Magical Express after a quick potty stop. We had no wait at all and actually walked right on the bus (last year we waited about 30 mins and the line was huge). We got to ride a real ME bus this time too! It had been a Mears and a DCL bus on prior trips. It was a brand new bus with seatbelts, it was pretty nice. All Adam kept asking about was when would they start the video. I had sent a text to my parents when we landed so they knew to head over to AoA (they were at their house in Lakeland). They got about 15 mins down the road when Pa realized he forgot his sunglasses so they turned around. The ride to Art of Animation was uneventful I did notice the ME video was out of date and needed some updates (don't ask for examples because I can't remember now!). From the time our plane landed to the time we stepped off the bus was 55 mins! Talk about service! We were lucky as we were the first stop (I think Pop and CBR were after us).

While we waited for my parents (who would have beat us if it wasn't for the sun delay) Adam got to draw on the little easels they had set out. You can see our bus in the background, he wasted no time! photo10_zps87bfa6fc.jpg

It felt like forever waiting for my parents. The reservations were in my parents name (they are FL residents and AP holders so incase any discounts happened we had them in their name) so we couldn't check in.

So we checked out the lobby and the outside.

Someone is feeling the 2:30 wake up.

406971_10152205786675456_1893759292_n.jpg

60622_10152205787850456_1758262613_n.jpg

602511_10152205802670456_1017720072_n.jpg

387575_10152205802540456_778461616_n.jpg

318848_10152205802805456_2078107152_n.jpg

394132_10152205803030456_10276434_n.jpg

My parents arrived and we checked in and we were in the Nemo section. At first I was bummed because I knew Adam would love Cars more, but our room was really close and he didn't care what section we were in! We didn't even bother checking out the room, we were starving and went right to the food court (after stopping at the pressed coin machine). It was early so we were still able to get breakfast. I had to speak to a chef to see what was safe for Adam to eat and then was able to grab our food. Adam and I got the kids waffles with fruit (the BACON looked awful) so I didn't even bother having them give us any.

I was taking too long trying to cut it for him so Adam just picked it up and ate it.

546856_10152205787430456_1518163391_n.jpg

That's all the food pics from that meal, we were starving and poof forn was the least of my concerns. I don't think my parents ate because they had eaten at home.

After eating and de-stickying Adam, we went to check out our room. We were on the first floor on the Nemo building on the left when looking at the pool towards Pop. We were only about 4 doors down the hall so it was great for going to the pool and refilling our mugs.

550273_10152205887550456_1933419039_n.jpg

9079_10152205887425456_1949097548_n.jpg

560640_10152205887285456_1834947173_n.jpg

Adam and Mimi checking out the shower

IMG_9749_zps47f9c340.jpg

We decided that we would hit the pool, take a nap and then head over to the Magic Kingdom.

happy boy in the splash pad!

552447_10152205789135456_656288769_n.jpg

The splash pad and pool were awesome. The zero entry was great and easier for all of us, the themeing is amazing and being able to hear music and stuff under water is pretty cool!

Somewhere I have more pics of the room but I can't seem to find them right now. We all took naps and then headed to the Magic Kingdom.

29424_10152205803800456_707093836_n.jpg

Our first ride is always the train. It didn't used to be, but since we have been bringing Adam he always wants to do it first so now that's our tradition. A grand circle tour! I miss the old song, you know, rollin' rollin' on the express, rollin' on the Walt Disney World Express? I still sing it, much to my family's dismay.

IMG_9843_zpsfb0bf36a.jpg

This was our first time seeing Halloween decorations.

36313_10152205804130456_737608913_n.jpg

76216_10152205804260456_1530040084_n.jpg

I'm sure there was probably a potty break in here and then we headed to

IMG_9867_zps8d7b0525.jpg

522243_10152205804395456_18535661_n.jpg

Brian and Adam had haircuts to be done!

69732_10152205804775456_133909655_n.jpg

Since we were waiting I decided I wanted Pixie Dust! Hey, who can pass up something that's free?!?!!?

318729_10152205835840456_900999696_n.jpg

Adam's reaction to my hair

533627_10152205836010456_2134309319_n.jpg

Mimi wanted in on the pixie dust too.

602309_10152177179170456_437134976_n_zps016464dd.jpg

Am I first??

you are! Congrats! Your trip reports will be the cause of any delays in this one! I'm reading your current one and Anna's first trip to the fort! Love them!

I'm in!

yeah! and you are from Lakeland! We will be visiting there later on in this report!

I am so in for this one!!

Hi Doodle!! This kept me from chat tonight!

Awesome!!!!

hi Carol!

I'm in. And my first time on page one!!!!!!

yeah! (BTW we just took our arches down yesterday!)

You'll have to teach me some of your nagging skills. I'm trying to convince my DW to go to WDW this summer and this Christmas

I'm all about nagging for Christmas, can't help you with summer nagging, too hot for me!

I'm in!!!!

yeah!

Yay! First page! I'm all in on this one!

Wog. :rofl2: that's funny. Almost as funny as your tag. :))

Denis Quaid is here!

Wow, you were not afraid at all to go all in with the matching shirts.

Props to you!

I couldn't do it!

My SIL wanted to crawl under a rock. She wasn't thrilled with our shirts and they got us a lot of attention!

Pics look fine to me. Enjoying the report!

Guess I can't give you a hard time about your report since I'm a few months behind!

After hair cuts and pixie dust we headed to see Mickey Mouse as his posted wait was only 5 mins! We waited about 10 but it was no big deal. I tried to take pictures but Brian decided to photobomb me.

560658_10152205836850456_484532809_n.jpg

Adam was thrilled to see his pal Mickey. Mickey knelt down to see him so then Adam had to do it.

196032_10152205837280456_154142681_n.jpg

Which led to a family picture and Mickey's shoe got dented in while he was kneeling.

Photo0021FourBySix.jpg

Next up was Buzz Light year per request of Adam. I really enjoy our first stroll down Main Street of each trip. We walked past the bakery and enjoyed the lovely smell of baked goods but didn't stop as Adam can't eat their baked goods because of possible cross contamination issues with nuts.

Once we got to Tomorrow Land, Adam remembered this is where his buddy PUSH is. Problem is, PUSH was done by 3ish and it was almost 6 and we were coming back to the MK but not until 4 on the MNSSHP day so that we could use one less day admission. This was a huge problem. Adam loves PUSH. Some of our best pictures from our last trip are with him and PUSH. I told him we would figure something out and that was good enough for now.

Buzz Lightyears wait was 35 mins but fast passes were being issued for 50 mins from then. We grabbed FP and went to go on Wed Way. We had to wait a few mins because they were having problems with the ride but then we were on and moving. It was smooth sailing until we entered Space Mountain and we stopped. Then we started to roll backwards. The announcements came on and so did the lights. Adam was not thrilled we were stopped because every time the roller coaster went by our car shook. It was probably 15 mins before they got us off. This was our first ride evacuation and we thought it was cool.

197307_10152205838030456_1795528427_n.jpg

548929_10152205838145456_1879711744_n.jpg

The had us cross the tracks at a certain spot and told us over and over again not to step on the rails. When we crossed over we had to step from one square to the next. As we were leaving we were given a any ride in the MK FP.

We went and used our FP for Buzz size it was time. No pics of Adam behind the bars because he wouldn't go near Zurg.

292836_10152205838320456_2068501880_n.jpg

My parents headed back to AoA at this point and we continued on. I don't have any more pictures from the night. I know we did Buzz again, and Tomorrowland Speedway a few times, POTC and Tiki Room (Adam loves it buy covers his ears the whole time.)

Here is the last pic of the night. Adam fell asleep while we were on the bus back to AoA.

547005_10152205839020456_1649123761_n.jpg

Our plan was to sleep until we woke up the following day and take it easy in the morning because it was the day of MNSSHP!

Page 2 bragging rights for me.

Is that a WAWA t-shirt you're wearing?

They didn't have WAWA's yet when I lived in Jersey.

But I hear from NJ friends that WAWA is something special.

They are starting to open in Florida- we are supposed to have a few open in my neck of the woods this year.

Do I want to get a Hoagie there?

Oh, and your photos are great!

Can't wait to see more.

TCD