Bubbles and the fam do AoA and The Fort

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the silly fool who tried to cut in front of us was quickly realized Momma Bear was gonna open a can of Jersey on her and they got behind me. We had about 1/2 and hour until Captain Jack came out.

Here he comes! You can see the line behind him. Getting in line at 6:30 was the smartest thing ever.

522799_10152205884200456_248685171_n.jpg

74708_10152205884450456_698192955_n.jpg

Checking out his pirate shooter

1044_10152205884825456_1810624270_n.jpg

Photo0052FourBySix-1_zpsd7ade26b.jpg

Even with a long line Captain Jack really took a good amount of time with him. Adam was thrilled, the family was impressed with skill of seeking him out and waiting when they saw the line. I can't get over how his mannerism are so good. I was Johnny Deep quality.

There was a trick or treat station by POTC so we went there. It was crazy, you would have thought they were giving out gold the way the people were. We only did one so Adam could say he trick or treated, plus he couldn't eat the candy anyway (remember peanut/tree allergies).

We wanted to see the earlier Boo to you parade because my parents didn't think they'd be able to hang until the later one. We found spots on Main Street and we took Adam to City Hall to see about swapping his candy for safe treats. I had emailed special diets a head of time and they said to go to City Hall and tell them. We waited in line and a lot of people there were buying tickets for the party. I explained to them our situation and a few mins later the lady came out with a bag filled with goodies for Adam. There was 2 pieces of safe chocolate, one was a spider web and the other was a bat lollipop I think, a bunch of sugar free hard candies, sugar free taffy, a pencil, a key chain, a little car and an antennae topper. Now my friend went to the party on 10/31 and her son is allergic to peanuts as well but they only gave him sugar free candy, no toys or safe chocolate.

So my parents were trying to hold spots on Main Street for the parade, I got a few text messages from my mother saying "get your ass here now". I guess they weren't having fun trying to hold the spots?!?!? Since we were so close to Mickey, we wanted to see him since I had heard one of them would be dressed as a pirate. I was going to ask to see that one but we were quickly whisked into a room and guess who we saw?

Photo0063FourBySix_zpsdae74ba9.jpg

and the family pic, notice are matching shirts. This was the best I could do on short notice. Come to think of it, matching shirts may have been why my husband waited until the last min to say we could go. I think he thought if I didn't have enough time, he would be spared! hahaha

Photo0067FourBySix_zps84216c57.jpg

My mom had been blowing up my phone so I figured we should probably get to where they were before she sold our spaces.

Bob's mind is a terrible thing to waste.

The Phillies have to get in line behind, way behind, the Yankees and the Red Sox.

this mind was wasted a long time ago, but the Philles are the most popular in this house.

We headed back to where my parents were sitting and Adam decided he was hungry. We weren't far from Casey's so I won't to get him a hot dog. It took forever! The line wasn't bad but waiting for the manager to come over to discuss what Adam could eat did. So long I missed the headless horseman :( the family said it wast impressive but I think they knew how upset I was that I missed it. Once I finally got his hot dog, apple slices and milk I had to fight my way back to where my family was. And I realized I forgot ketchup! Well, that was a tragedy. You don't eat a hot dog without ketchup! Thankfully the parade started and I was able to feed Adam while he was engrossed in the parade and he forgot about the lack of ketchup.

546921_10152205885085456_832434502_n.jpg

197263_10152205885235456_356913926_n.jpg

523660_10152205885435456_662226813_n.jpg

10510_10152205885720456_1245590387_n.jpg

560818_10152205885855456_201085985_n.jpg

549086_10152205885955456_328751402_n.jpg

The BEST, BEST part of the whole trip was during the parade and Captain Jack went by. He noticed Adam and made a big deal about him. It was unbelievably awesome (somebody please get me a new word!). Adam totally lost his mind, that moment was worth whatever this trip cost. Being noticed from him in the parade vs meeting him was a bigger deal for Adam. Oh and mom of the year over here, I have no pictures of this happening.

These dudes were creepy!

546793_10152205886420456_1766050454_n.jpg

149860_10152205886660456_1786198873_n.jpg

The little kid next to us was pratcially up my shirt because the grave diggers scared him so much, and then when he realized I was a stranger it got worse. I think the poor kid is probably sitting in a corner shaking still. Adam was good with the graver diggers but we watched the Boo To You parade on youtube a ton. I really think youtube is wonderful resource for pre-trip stuff for kids.

My only beef with the parade is at the end they handed out candy to some of the kids. Now I'm not normally from the everyone gets a trophy for showing up frame of mind, and everyone gets an award kind of crap but this caused drama. Adam didn't care because he knew he couldn't eat it, but there was a lot of kids around us upset. You figure most are borderline melt down at the point anyway and this was like the end. So while nice in theory they should just forget it.

After the parade my parents said they had enough and were going back to the room. What my mom didn't tell me is because her ankle hurt her insanely bad. She did something to her foot before leaving NJ and didn't go to the dr and it was bothering her off and on. Come to find out it took them almost 2 hours to get to the room because she had to keep stopping because it was so bad and was almost throwing up from the pain. Had she told me, we could have gotten her a wheelchair and made it a much experience for her but she didn't. So lesson learned, don't be a ding dong Mom!

We rode a bunch of stuff, the only thing we skipped because of the line was Peter Pan, everything else was pretty much walk on. We rode the Tomorrow Land speedway during the fireworks, Adam didn't want to stop doing stuff to watch so this worked out well. We could see them more or less and he was still riding.

We went over to Storybook Circus for some rides and I decided I had to pee. I was yelling back to Brian that I would meet him over by the Barnstormer and I wasn't paying attention. I started walking in the the bathroom and took out my phone to check the time, I was pretty far in when I looked up and saw urinals! WTH? are they ones for boys who come in with their moms? Nope, I was in the men's room! Ooops...

Adam visited with Goofy and Donald but refused to see Minnie and Daisy because they are girls, so I saw them by myself. The photopass guy at Goofy took this pic and I love it!

Photo0073FourBySix-1_zps0562e57e.jpg

Adam managed to stay awake until about 11:45. I had to get our photopass pics from Pirates League put on our card. Brian was giving Adam his medicine and said he was up talking, and by time he put something in the book bag Adam was out. The bus situation was insane but they were doing a great job of managing the insane crowds. Adam was asleep in his stroller so we really didn't care.