Stef's Red White & Boo At The Fort

The one time I saw it, they scrapped the finale. The car acted like it was coming out of the window and then it backed down inside the building. Serious let down. I let the boys go the next time while I went the Beauty and Beast show.

Love the Boo!

I am so glad to hear that he may stay stateside until he is done.

it would stink without the fire.

Boo is cute.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First person I thought of when I seen this..

Stef, Tony wants me to make sure you know, how much we appreciate you allowing us into the reunion. Tony was excited he was able to support and celebrate with Jordan, especially after a year over in

Wednesday, January 8th - I slept in til about 5:30 and ventured outside with my laptop to catch up on some e-mails. At 6:00 I received a text from TJ: Are you awake? I responded: Of course! He asked:

We're finally nearing the end.

It's still Sunday afternoon and Trevor and I just wanted to chill for a while. We would be packing up in the morning and heading back to reality.

We decided to go down to the beach and watch the sunset.

FortJan2013Jordan402.jpg

Unfortunately, as you can see by this picture of the Settlement, the sky was really overcast.

FortJan2013Jordan403.jpg

We weren't deterred though. It was a busy week and just sitting in a lounge chair sounded peachy.

Ahhhhh

FortJan2013Jordan407.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan404.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan409.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan408.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan405.jpg

See that seagull along the waters edge in that last pic?

I stalked him with my zoom.

FortJan2013Jordan406.jpg

Once we realized our sunset was going to be nonexistent, Trevor started talking about dinner. I wasn't in the mood to drive off property or even take a bus. I suggested taking the resort boat to the Contemporary for something quick. He thought that was a good idea, so we hopped on a boat.

FortJan2013Jordan411.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan412.jpg

First stop, the Lodge.

FortJan2013Jordan413.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan414.jpg

After a brief stop, we floated over to the Contemporary.

FortJan2013Jordan415.jpg

We've arrived.

FortJan2013Jordan416.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan417.jpg

Up the elevator.

FortJan2013Jordan418.jpg

To the Contempo Cafe, which was nice and quiet!

FortJan2013Jordan420.jpg

I had the pepperoni flatbread which was perfect. Tasted good and wasn't too filling.

FortJan2013Jordan421.jpg

Trevor had a burger of some sort. He enjoyed it.

FortJan2013Jordan422.jpg

We strolled around while we digested.

FortJan2013Jordan423.jpg

And used my camera on the self timer mode (thanks Jason) and got our picture with the Mickey head.

FortJan2013Jordan424.jpg

As we made our way out to the dock, I was rewarded for not having the sunset I was looking for earlier. The sky was beautiful! I'll share just a few so no one falls asleep.

FortJan2013Jordan426.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan430.jpg

It just got better and better as the sun disappeared.

FortJan2013Jordan428.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan427.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan436.jpg

Looking back towards the Fort, that monstrosity known as Golden Icks is rearing it's ugly head above the peaceful tree line.

FortJan2013Jordan433.jpg

So we will keep focused on the other side of the lake.

FortJan2013Jordan435.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan431.jpg

We even got to see the castle light up!

FortJan2013Jordan437.jpg

Photo limit.....

Soon, we were back home.

FortJan2013Jordan438.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan439.jpg

These were at a site near us. Cute.

FortJan2013Jordan440.jpg

We took Mason for a short walk, then Trevor and I walked over to TCD Point for the fireworks.

FortJan2013Jordan441.jpg

We brought a flashlight but OH EM GEE, it is dark back there!

Trevor was spotting for gators in the lake, I was spotting for Mike Myers or Jasoon Vorhees in the woods. (Not joking)

We survived the fireworks (and creatures) and walked back to our site, showered and watched a little tv before drifting off.

It was a great ending to an amazing trip.

Coming Up: That dreaded day...vacation is over.

Wow, when you said you were planning a quiet evening, I thought to myself "I can't wait to see what Stef's definition of quiet is". :rofl3: Well, turns out you DID have a quiet evening. Sounds very nice. And great sunset photos.

Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't commend you for the excellent pood forn pictures! Bravo!

Now I'm hungry.

I learned my lesson about TCD point back in September in the dark. There are some crazy/wonky noises over there!

That's why when I braved TCD point it this trip, I had on my hunting outfit (Cpt America Sleeprs) and stayed on the tank, uh I mean cart.....

Wow, when you said you were planning a quiet evening, I thought to myself "I can't wait to see what Stef's definition of quiet is". :rofl3: Well, turns out you DID have a quiet evening. Sounds very nice.

I'm not always wild & crazy! :P

This is it folks! Time to wrap this up.

After a quiet, relaxing evening and a good nights sleep, it was time to pack up and head home.

The sun was just creeping up over the 500 loop, so I walked out to the road to snap a pic.

FortJan2013Jordan450.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan451.jpg

The clean-up process begins.

FortJan2013Jordan455.jpg

Mason started out in the dirt.

FortJan2013Jordan454.jpg

Then hid under the table like he didn't want to leave either.

FortJan2013Jordan456.jpg

The screen room came down.

FortJan2013Jordan457.jpg

The blower came out.

FortJan2013Jordan458.jpg

I made a trip to the comfort station

FortJan2013Jordan459.jpg

Loaded up the cart.

FortJan2013Jordan460.jpg

We pulled out around 9:30. My site looks so lonely now. I'm sure someone came along and filled it shortly.

FortJan2013Jordan462.jpg

Bye-Bye Fort!

FortJan2013Jordan463.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan464.jpg

With one bathroom stop on the way (I should have skipped that second cup of coffee) we were home at 11:15.

Thanks for all who shared this trip, both literally and through this report. Thanks for all the great and funny comments!

Til next time!

We're all here for a good time,

but don't start no trouble.

'cause it won't be the first time,

I put a scar on my knuckle.

Now brother I don't mind

I'll be glad to stomp your ass.

But if both of us walk out that door,

One of us ain't coming back.

Like TCD, I thought the runners were out before the park opens. They sure start early! And they claim to have cut times you have to make in order to finish. Maybe they don't enforce them? It sounds like they should have the park open later that day. I think that would frustrate people less than the situation you described.

Bravo! I loved your report! But I'm sad it's over. Nothing is worse than that last drive out of the Fort, looking back longingly, sighing at the thought of having to go back to real life.

I love your Boo. Will she stay in the camper, or does she have a prominent place at home? She is my favorite from that movie, too. Kitty!

The marathon has cut off times. Every runner should finish in 7 hours from the time THEY start. Start times are staggered so everyone doesn't jam up like the 5K does. Now with that being said it is a well known fact that if a runner can make it through HS they are allowed to finish the race at their own speed going through EPCOT. Before HS there are "balloon ladies" that are pacers you have to stay in front of or be picked up. FIL had problems with his run at this point and would run for a minute to stay in front of them then let them catch him and he would run again for a minute until he made it through HS. He finished in 7.5 hours but there were still lots behind him.

Each runner paid over $150 to be in this race and many paid well over $300 to Goofy (both 1/2 and full). Disney caters to them because it brings in a lot of business during a slow time for them.

That being said I've asked dh how this compares to other marathons for bling and food and he says it pretty much sucks. The only thing he feels Disney has over other races is there is medical attention or availabilty to get it every mile so if you end up having a problem you will get help much quicker. Most races only have water stops every 5K or so.