Stef's Red White & Boo At The Fort

It's that time again!

We just got home from a week at the Fort. We arrived on January 8th and checked out on January 14th.

This trip was extra special as we had Jordan along for the ride. Imagine how he felt. Just one month ago, he was on the front lines in Afghanistan. He was now at Disney World!

2 days before we left, I made some Mickey cookies to get everyone in the mood.

cookies.jpg

1 day before we left, I made jello shots.

jello.jpg

After a lot of planning, scheming and schedule changes, we were all set to go. I had a very special night planned for Jordan, which forced me to tell quite a few fibs.

We'll get to that later.

Tuesday, January 8th- Trevor & I loaded up the truck around 10:00 am and headed out.

(Nate & Jordan wouldn't be down until Wednesday night after work)

FortJan2013Jordan001.jpg

Trevor got new tow mirrors for this trip since he liked Nate's so much.

FortJan2013Jordan002.jpg

After a quick stop at Walgreens, we were off!

We took the stinky road in this trip. The official road name is 429, but you do pass Disney's landfill and if your windows are down, your senses will be assaulted. Especially when it's 83 and sunny, as it was this day.

FortJan2013Jordan003.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan004.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan005.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan006.jpg

We pulled into the Fort about 11:30

FortJan2013Jordan011.jpg

Did I mention that the weather was beautiful? Check out those blue skies.

FortJan2013Jordan012.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan013.jpg

Check in was a breeze. We were given our site # and I asked for "We're Celebrating" buttons, which I decorated when we got settled in.

FortJan2013Jordan018.jpg

We were thrilled to get our favorite site; 550!

FortJan2013Jordan014.jpg

As I was backing Trevor in, Mason and I both noticed something afoul.

FortJan2013Jordan015.jpg

Notice the small gap where the grill attaches to the concrete? Here is a side view:

FortJan2013Jordan016.jpg

Some idiot hit the grill. Obviously, by where the crease is, it was a Fort idiot. Either with the bucket of the tractor used to move the picnic tables, or maybe a mower.

Another new addition this trip was a mini fridge. If you read my last report you know that our electric cooler started smoking and I just didn't trust it.

If I'm doing a lot of cooking, our RV fridge fills up quick, so this gives me more room for food and/or drinks and is not much bigger than the electric cooler.

FortJan2013Jordan017.jpg

The site's all set up.

FortJan2013Jordan020.jpg

With set up complete, we took Mason out for a ride and made our usual first stop at Judy's. After checking out the scenes, we discussed dinner and settled for a GAG. Mason enjoyed the chicken tremendously, and so did we.

FortJan2013Jordan019.jpg

They gave us enough fries to feed the 500 loop!

We relaxed until the sun went down and went out for some more looping. It was going to be an early night as I had worked at 4:00 am.

FortJan2013Jordan021.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan022.jpg

Judy is down to bare minimum decorations as she is leaving in a week or so. :-[

FortJan2013Jordan023.jpg

That's it for Tuesday. We snuggled down in bed to enjoy the sounds of camping.

Coming up: Thank God I'm an early riser!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First person I thought of when I seen this..

Stef, Tony wants me to make sure you know, how much we appreciate you allowing us into the reunion. Tony was excited he was able to support and celebrate with Jordan, especially after a year over in

Wednesday, January 8th - I slept in til about 5:30 and ventured outside with my laptop to catch up on some e-mails. At 6:00 I received a text from TJ: Are you awake? I responded: Of course! He asked:

Page one.

Did your fries come in the bucket like that? I haven't seen that before, and I've seen a lot of GAG's.

The very last GAG we had before they got rid of steak fries came with a huge bucket of steak fries. It was awesome! Imagine my disappointment the next time, when we got a small container, and they were the regular wimpy Disney fries.

The very last GAG we had before they got rid of steak fries came with a huge bucket of steak fries. It was awesome! Imagine my disappointment the next time, when we got a small container, and they were the regular wimpy Disney fries.

Maybe I remember that. I guess I'm used to the greasy sack of Disney fries. That's all I've seen since the steak fries disappeared. :(

TCD