Stef's Red White & Boo At The Fort

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First person I thought of when I seen this..

Stef, Tony wants me to make sure you know, how much we appreciate you allowing us into the reunion. Tony was excited he was able to support and celebrate with Jordan, especially after a year over in

Wednesday, January 8th - I slept in til about 5:30 and ventured outside with my laptop to catch up on some e-mails. At 6:00 I received a text from TJ: Are you awake? I responded: Of course! He asked:

I am in! Those jello shots were great and I was happy to be a part of welcoming Jordan home.

p.s. I think I have to get started on my own.

:heart: Jason! I know I said it a million times, and hugged you half to death, but I honestly can't thank you enough for all your help. I will praise you some more when I get to that day but thank you, thank you, thank you!

My family is ready to adopt you.

This was quite a cause for a celebration! I know y'all were so happy!

It was a great cause and the least I could do. I wish I could do it for every man & woman serving. Thanks for joining in!

I'm in! So happy that Jordan joined you all!

Hey Gwen!

Happy to have you along. Hope I can give you a Fort fix until you can return.

In.

You had me at Jell-O shots and GAG

Howdy stranger!

I may be able to appeal to you even more throughout this report...and I can promise you there was no tea. ^-^

Can't wait to read more!!!!!

More coming right up!

Page one.

Did your fries come in the bucket like that? I haven't seen that before, and I've seen a lot of GAG's.

I don't think you had enough jello shots.

I don't like it when Judy takes down her decorations :(

TCD

Yes, we had a bucket O'fries! They are normally in the grease filled sack....maybe they ran out of bags?

I actually toted about 20 jellos home (out of 90!) They will be consumed at another farewell party for Jordan this Saturday.

The Fort is much less fun when Judy is gone. :(

Woo hoo! Another Stef report, and a celebration for Jordan to boot.

I gotta tell ya...for the last several days of our trip I excitedly checked 550 every day for your camper. I was still thinking you were arriving earlier. INC had to talk me off the ledge every night when you guys didn't arrive.

:hugs2: Thanks Dave! We had planned on the first week, specifically to meet up with you, but schedules didn't permit. We WILL get it together one day!

I'm in, She had me at It's

Aww, I always know I can count on you!

Update to follow comments.

I'm in too!

May I please have a cookie while I wait?

Heck Yvonne, you can have 2!!

Do you want me to fill you in on the blanks from this night? Well?

:clint:

Uhhh, probably not.

I know I had a couple cocktails before the GAG and may have texted some jibberish. Explains why we decided on the GAG for dinner....close and quick.

Jordan was home.

There were jello shots, cookies, GAG.

Fiend visiting.

Relaxing and enjoying the sounds.

That's like the Patriots team in the playoffs. Cant beat it. I did that for Dave and Lou.

Yes, all in all, a great vacation!! Thanks for joining in!

I'm in!! pass the fries.

:lmao1:

I will...er....I did!!

First Page Dibs

Way to go Annie! Happy to have ya!

Wahoooo....I'm in on this trip report!!! Yeah for Jordan being home and safe!!! Can't wait to read more!!! :pc:

Thanks a bunch! More on the way!

I think those jello shots would get me in the mood quicker than the mickey cookies........ Just saying'.......

I hear ya! I love fresh sugar cookies, but jello shots definitely help the mood more.

Hope the little guy is feeling better!

Her jello shots pack a punch. But her beer is just right.

Just right, when the mountains are blue! :clint:

Those fries could feed all the fiends.

Technically, they fed three fiends. That's coming up soon.....

I'm in! Yvonne can have the cookies and TJ the fries... pass me a jello shot please! :parrot:

Atta girl Pam! The jello shots have much less calories for your girlish figure. ^_^

Cool. A new Stef report. Missed you guys by just a few days. I dreamed I heard that Whippoorwill sing...

Wish we could have caught up with you guys, but you're easy...I KNOW I can find you again.

Well done with the BBS reference!! I may have just fell in love.

I'll take a cookie while I read please!

Cookie coming your way!

I'd like a blue jello shot to wash down my cookie, please!

Anything for you Mo!!

Jello shots and fries for all! Woooo hooooo!!!!

Don't forget the cookies too!

I'm in! Looks like that fridge can hold a lot of punch!

Hey hot stuff! Good to see you!

I actually had so much food (and jello) this trip, the punch had to go "redneck bucket style" again!

Sorry I didn't get in until page 2! A couple comments.

Although it would be awesome to be at the Fort after serving in Afghanistan, I hope you let that boy have some time for other things that he probably missed more than Mickey Mouse after he got home.... ;)

Nice mini fridge, although I am sure your redneck DNA will have you upgrading to a full size frigidaire w/ beer tap before long.

Please continue your TR now.

Although it would be awesome to be at the Fort after serving in Afghanistan, I hope you let that boy have some time for other things that he probably missed more than Mickey Mouse after he got home.... ;)

Nice mini fridge, although I am sure your redneck DNA will have you upgrading to a full size frigidaire w/ beer tap before long.

Just to help Stef out while she writes her post. Jordan was home for a little bit before his Fort/Disney fun and When they had asked him what he wanted to do he picked Going to Disney. From what I saw he had an awesome time and seemed more and more relaxed as the week went on.

Stef if your dam adopts me does that make TCD my grand-dad?

Wednesday, January 8th -

I slept in til about 5:30 and ventured outside with my laptop to catch up on some e-mails. At 6:00 I received a text from TJ:

Are you awake?

I responded:

Of course!

He asked:

Do you want some company?

I responded;

Sure!

(I know TJ lives in Jax, and figured he would be driving down for the day)

He was almost at the Fort gate!!

Imagine me sitting outside, in the screen room, fresh out of bed, in a small t-shirt! EEK!!

I ran inside, put on some shorts and woke Trevor up. TJ Arrived at site 550 about 20 minutes later.

By the time the sun came up, Jason also showed up.

WARNING! If you've just eaten or have any heart conditions, these next 2 pics may do you in!

FortJan2013Jordan024.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan025.jpg

If my mug, first thing in the morning, didn't scare you off, you are one brave soul!

We sat around and BS'ed, waiting on Tony & Genia to arrive.

Remember the fries from last night? They did not go to waste. TJ had them for breakfast! Of course, I took his picture.

FortJan2013Jordan027.jpg

When Genia got there with the rest of the punch supplies, Trevor and I left the boys at camp and ran down to get some ice.

FortJan2013Jordan031.jpg

Judy's empty site from the rear.

FortJan2013Jordan032.jpg

We got the important stuff out of the way (punch on ice) and took a couple cold beers to Genia's site in the 1600's. TJ was with us, Jason went to MK for a while.

FortJan2013Jordan033.jpg

Genia's decorations.

FortJan2013Jordan035.jpg

We could see Kelly's (tiggerinbama) site from Genia's

FortJan2013Jordan034.jpg

Not long after, Kelly and Brit showed up.

FortJan2013Jordan036.jpg

As usual, we all ended up back at my site!

FortJan2013Jordan028.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan030.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan037.jpg

Even Mama & Ed showed up!

(Ed bent over so he would look the same height as Mama & I....it actually looks like he's passing gas! :hah: )

FortJan2013Jordan038.jpg

Nate & Jordan would be arriving this evening, so we hung around camp.

TJ took off around 4:00 to head back to Jax.

I went over to Judy's and we relaxed on the swing solving all our girl problems.

I made Jordan's favorite meal, BBQ pulled pork with coleslaw.

FortJan2013Jordan046.jpg

The boys showed up and dropped off the cart we brought for Genia & Tony. Trevor gave them a quick lesson.

FortJan2013Jordan040.jpg

Then followed them to Genia's site to help Nate get his camper set up.

FortJan2013Jordan039.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan041.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan044.jpg

With everyone's beds ready, we went back to 550 to let the boys eat. We then toasted to Jordan!

FortJan2013Jordan050.jpg

He was one happy young man! :heart:

FortJan2013Jordan049.jpg

It was a great night! By midnight, we were all tired...or drunk...or tired of being drunk.

FortJan2013Jordan047.jpg

But Nate had a sweet tooth.

If you are diabetic, I would refrain from looking at this next photo.

FortJan2013Jordan051.jpg

Running a gym, we get TONS of these boxed candies from clients as Christmas gifts. My mother sent this one with Nate, knowing that with all the kids and visitors, someone would eat it.

We ended up eating about 15 pieces. FAIL.

That's a wrap for Wednesday!

Coming up: "It's Jordan's choice!"

No full fridge! Trevor says I must stop buying stuff to take camping..or buy a bigger camper. I usually don't have that much food, but needed a ton for Jordan's party.

Jason is exactly right! We told Jordo we would take him anywhere he wanted to go, and he picked WDW.

He got home on December 21st, so he had time to decompress and do all his other family obligations.

Just to help Stef out while she writes her post. Jordan was home for a little bit before his Fort/Disney fun and When they had asked him what he wanted to do he picked Going to Disney. From what I saw he had an awesome time and seemed more and more relaxed as the week went on.

Stef if your dam adopts me does that make TCD my grand-dad?

There you go again! Always helping, one step ahead of me! :heart:

Yes, you may now call TCD, Gramps! :hah:

No full fridge! Trevor says I must stop buying stuff to take camping..or buy a bigger camper. I usually don't have that much food, but needed a ton for Jordan's party.

Jason is exactly right! We told Jordo we would take him anywhere he wanted to go, and he picked WDW.

He got home on December 21st, so he had time to decompress and do all his other family obligations.

There you go again! Always helping, one step ahead of me! :heart:

Yes, you may now call TCD, Gramps! :hah:

Awesome! Hey gramps let's go looping!

I bet your hubby loves those mirrors. I got them on my last truck, and it turned out to be one of those "I didn't know what I was missing" things.

That mini fridge looks a little naked without some NASCAR themed sticker......come on......

What's up with Judy leaving? I thought she usually stayed a bit longer before heading back west.

I kept eyeballing that giant box of chocolates and now I wish I had opened it up! Holy guacamole!!

How is it I missed the jello shots? Maybe you only give those to VIP's. Next time I will have to sneak one. It's OK though, the punch more than made up for it!

Seriously though, thank you again for your hospitality.

I bet your hubby loves those mirrors. I got them on my last truck, and it turned out to be one of those "I didn't know what I was missing" things.

That mini fridge looks a little naked without some NASCAR themed sticker......come on......

What's up with Judy leaving? I thought she usually stayed a bit longer before heading back west.

Hubs does love the mirrors!

Good call on the stickers. A big yellow 48 would look outstanding on the fridge. ^_^

Judy's had a busy summer and is just ready to go home.

Hey, I don't remember Nate having a camper.

That looks awesome!

TCD

Nate bought that a little while back. He's still changing things in it and wants to replace the canvas, but it works perfect for camping and toting all his toys.

I like G's decorations.

Bringing a golfcart for a FrIEND. Awesome.

I am glad Jordan has you all. I wish all the vets had people like you and your family.

It will be fun one day to meet you all and hang out at the fiend hangout otherwise known as your campsite!

Thanks Aaron and we would love to have you!

I kept eyeballing that giant box of chocolates and now I wish I had opened it up! Holy guacamole!!

How is it I missed the jello shots? Maybe you only give those to VIP's. Next time I will have to sneak one. It's OK though, the punch more than made up for it!

Seriously though, thank you again for your hospitality.

You didn't get a jello shot? Darn, must be the punch did a number on me too and I lost my manners. I will make sure you get one next time.

It prob would have been safer, they don't spill! :rofl2:

Glad that you were able to come down and party with us for Genia's Bday!

Thursday, January 10th-

Jordan had planned on buying a 4 day park hopper pass, which he did.

At Animal Kingdom! He had only been to the MK and DHS in the past so we debated between Epcot and AK for the first day.

I know not everyone loves AK, but I do! I enjoy the themes and I love the animals.

While BTM is fun, I've rode it countless times. It's a Small World is a classic, but again, I've rode it countless times. Nothing changes much.

You never know what the animals will be doing, if you take the time to watch them for a bit.

Here is our families favorite you tube video. My boys will literally cry with laughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssXJtzFOjA

This video came into play countless times during our AK visit. We're easily amused.

On the way to AK. We drove the truck:

FortJan2013Jordan052.jpg

Jordo buying his ticket

FortJan2013Jordan054.jpg

We're in and crowds are very manageable.

FortJan2013Jordan055.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan056.jpg

A Lion King show was getting ready to start, so that's what we decided to do.

FortJan2013Jordan058.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan057.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan060.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan062.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan069.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan070.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan061.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan081.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan068.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan079.jpg

That's enough LK pics. The show was fantastic, as always!

Jordan liked it so much, he's decided to become a monkey. Not really

FortJan2013Jordan084.jpg

The wild birds around AK are nice

FortJan2013Jordan086.jpg

Until they poop on you.

FortJan2013Jordan085.jpg

You probably can guess where we headed next. Come on, this is a Stef report!

FortJan2013Jordan089.jpg

Primeval Whirl!

FortJan2013Jordan087.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan088.jpg

We had a blast and laughed like kids.

Gotta love the the colors in Dinoland.

FortJan2013Jordan098.jpg

Dinosaur was next on the list.

FortJan2013Jordan090.jpg

Look, a Dino-vane!

FortJan2013Jordan091.jpg

And a Dinosaur!

FortJan2013Jordan092.jpg

And Jordan's face in the ride photo!

FortJan2013Jordan093.jpg

Jordan said Dinosaur is a lot like riding in Nate's mud truck. :))

Trevor stopped on the way out to share a smoke with this dino. Heathens.

FortJan2013Jordan095.jpg

This seems like a good stopping point.

The title of this report was going to be Red White & BLUE at the Fort, because of Jordan.

Instead that was changed to BOO at this point in the trip.

Just wanted to add, THANKS AGAIN!!! You guys rocked with the hospitality and Cart. Had a great trip and the best 40th birthday yet!! :hugs2:

And you know, if Tiny talks we are golden. We must be rich, cause the man didn't shut up at times. :rofl3:

Hope ya'll have a blast this week-end! No Campbell's baby sitting for me, all yours! :clint: