New Fantasyland - Rapunzel/restroom & Mine Coaster photos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shades of Purple roofs. Rapunzel is a Fiend.

I will ride it, but I won't be featured.

Me thinks he protests too much

They did a very nice job with that area.  One thing I'm not clear on is...did they close off the walkway between Yankee Trader and CHH that goes through the "tunnel"? 

I think the plan was to leave that open, as originally they were saying that part of this project was to alleviate the bottleneck in that area between Fantasyland and Liberty Square.

The original walkway is open, and I don't think they will close it. 

While you can walk in to the new area in the new space opened between the Yankee Trader and the Haunted Mansion, it is not really a straight shot, as you have to wind your way through the new area.

TCD

Looks very cool, I wonder how it looks from Columbia Harbor House now.

I can't wait for the coaster to finish that is when we said we would return.

We said same thing we frequent the fort, but go to sea world instead. Just this year
  • 2 weeks later...

So far I haven't seen anything more definitive than "2014"

As for thrill level, here's what I've found...

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take guests on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its-kind ride system with a train of vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs (2014).

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/07Aug2012-More-details-for-the-now-confirmed-November-previews-of-the-new-Fantasyland.htm

The new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride will be a cross between The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wise Acre Farm and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. There will be two lift hills and two drops, with the second lift hill in the dark inside the Dwarfs' mine. Snow White and possibly the witch will make cameo appearances in the ride.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9624/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

• 3 weeks later...

New information is that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster is slated to open Spring 2014 - nothing more specific than that.

Here's a new behind-the-scenes video tour of the attraction's construction...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasyland/news/25apr2013-video---take-a-behind-the-scenes-tour-of-the-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-construction-site.htm#.UXl1Q32Awu4.twitter

New information is that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster is slated to open Spring 2014 - nothing more specific than that.

New info, do I have to change my name to WDWMagic to be taken seriously around here?

Three weeks before the official WDW expert website posted that it will open in the spring, I posted that that it would open much sooner than summer of 2014. 

Why yes, yes you did...

My guess is that it will be operating much sooner than summer of 14.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8963-new-fantasyland-rapunzelrestroom-mine-coaster-photos/?p=263090

My apologies, let me change that...

We have further confirmation of LOU's guess that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster is slated to open much sooner than summer of 2014... in fact latest word is that it will open in, Spring 2014 - nothing more specific than that.

Why yes, yes you did...

I love it when you say that.

My apologies, let me change that...

Accepted

We have further confirmation of Lou's guess that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster is slated to open much sooner than summer of 2014... in fact latest word is that it will open in, Spring 2014 - nothing more specific than that.

Much, much better.

Oh, can you put Lou in Caps, and Bold, and Underlined?

Seriously though, a good way to judge how close they are to completing the Mine Train, it's not a coaster btw, it's a Mine Train, is to look down the STOL Port as you drive by and check on how many track sections are still there. Oh, I forgot, you're not there almost every day. I'll check for you.

As of today, there were still a handful of tracks there.

Seriously though, a good way to judge how close they are to completing the Mine Train, it's not a coaster btw, it's a Mine Train, is to look down the STOL Port as you drive by and check on how many track sections are still there. Oh, I forgot, you're not there almost every day. I'll check for you.

As of today, there were still a handful of tracks there.

So now we'll expect you to calculate how long it takes to install each section and extrapolate EXACTLY when the Mine TRAIN will be opening.