Disney Mardi Gras Style

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that they were skimping on the BACON. Shardi also told the waiter she wanted a pot of Kona coffee but only got a pot of standard coffee. Saved me several dollars and the waiter lost out on the

Nicki, you gotta be there! Tell the hubby, no Disney, no Nicki so to speak.

I had a couple strategic smilie faces....

Posted Images

Hold on. Wait. I have forgotten something. And considering Lou and his technicalities.

This may not be a unofficial deliberate quote hidden unquote Mickey because it's ears to head ratio is not correct.

That is a very important thing, you know. The ears must match the head. Unless it could be a Mortimer Mouse head. His ears were small.

The proper ratio of ears to head when you are creating a Hidden Mickey must be no less than 120/200 utilizing a center X coordinate for the head, and center Y and Z for the ears. Which translates into the applicable equation of three fifths the size of the head. So if you draw a large circle, the subsequent smaller circles must be X*3/5.

And damn, I need a cup of coffee after that one. Snark is hard. LOL

Wow Shardi, I'm impressed. I think Ray's Mickey was just some worker freelancing or it may just be accidental.

You're correct, the proportions are way off. IMO, and it's just my opinion, that wouldn't qualify as either a HM or DM.

Generally speaking, if you see it right off the bat, it's a DM. If you're looking at something that has a HM but don't see it right away, it's probably a HM. Having said that, sometimes they do fall into a gray area.

Even self proclaimed HM experts, like Numbnuts on AllEars that calls himself one, is wrong a lot of the time.

Your son was the beast and now the key master. Thats good stuff.

Looking forward to more coaster fun.

I could never take the time to find hidden or deliberate mickeys but if i see them i take note. I found a couple on our last trip but not because i was looking. If I lived close and went much more frequently it might be worth it but i feel like it would be a waste of valuable time with our trips right now.

Shew! I'm in and finally caught up! Dueling TR's ... Love it! And you're winning so far. Get it in gear Shardi! :heart: :D

OK. I need to back up and post a few more pictures to appease the masses(dog lovers).

Here we are entering Disney property.

IMG_0310_zps1f7c9be0.jpg

Here is the Fort Sign....Everyone loves this sign, me Included.

IMG_0317_zps2ec33a99.jpg

Here we have the guard. Doesn't look like the type of person to go so gaga over a couple dogs.

IMG_0318_zps422ad967.jpg

Two said dogs attacking a CM with licks.

IMG_0319_zps8d16a593.jpg

Here the CM is digging for more treats.

IMG_0320_zps82b3f7ab.jpg

Here was dear son being part of the street performance.

IMG_0323_zpsf031fdc6.jpg

Here is dear daughter with her performance.

IMG_0333_zpsb814e1b7.jpg

Thanks to all who are following along. I am sure that you are all interested in how dual trip reports from one family will turn out. I am too.

I do not see photos here. Don't make me get Nicki to give me your # so I can start texting you.

It has been noted that my wife was correct.

You would have been responded to much quicker had she given you the correct phone number to text me with. I am also invoking the MPR about bedazzle!

You are a boy. You cannot invoke MPR.

You have a point. She was wrong. Which of your coworkers got those texts......

acutally I think we need a KFK ruling on this because he is not the only one that received messages from us and the other one would be oh so happy to not invoke MPR.

So Kim -

If a WWW sends a message to a non-female fiend during an MPR moment... is it still invoked?

My ruling is that if a non-female is brought into a WWW MPR moment against his will (and it has been determined that this is definitely the case), he can invoke MPR if he so chooses. Be advised WWW's that in this case the non female is not bound by MPR and you are fair game.

You're welcome Spec. You're welcome all of fiendom.

That is one convo that should go straight into the Mary Poppins Carpet Bag with a giant MPR lock. Sadly and hilariously it may or may not have been caught by accident on a camera left on video mode. I will not confirm or deny this at the moment. :))

yes, the meaning is innocent but sins it is used to cover.....

Gotta love Mary.

Animal Kingdom day! Another day of driving to the park. A little detour to drop off the dogs at doggy daycare and then on to the Animal Kingdom. Upon entering the park, I made a dash to Everest for some fast passes and then head over to meet up with the family at the train station to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Along the way I find this interesting character hanging out in the bushes. There was quite the crowd around. I think I have seen a warning on FF about this character. Maybe someone was scared of it. Not sure but here is a quick photo.

2013-02-13_10-18-03_969_zpsf1569a7a.jpg

2013-02-13_10-17-50_958_zps56037672.jpg

Made it Rafiki's Planet watch and the vets were busy into a couple of procedures on an old goat. Really, it was a very old goat of 13 years. The vets removed several teeth and made an incision in the neck to remove a cyst. That was a little bloody but I thought it a nice educational event.

From Rifiki's Planet Watch, we made our way over to Yak and Yeti local food cafe for lunch. It was not bad. Not as good as our favorite Asian restaurant at home but not bad. As we were eating a family walked by and one of them exclaimed,"There is only Asian food around here, Aye!" I think they were from north of the border. I thought it was quite obvious that if you are in Asia, then the food would be Asian!

After eating we made our way over to Expedition Everest. Dear son loved this one as well. He said it was a close tie with Rock-N-Roller for the best coaster at Disney.

Looking back, Dear Son has ridden Big Thunder Mountain RR, Barnstormer, Rock-N-Roller Coaster, and now Expedition Everest. That only leaves one roller coaster left to tackle. Primeval Whirl. So off we go to go back in time. Time older than Dirt. One problem. We get to Primeval Whirl and it was.....Oh No.....Broke down. Booooo. So we head over to ride Dinosaur. The wait time states 40 minutes. We get in line and wait. We make it through the small museum and into the video chamber for the pre-ride briefing. The briefing ends and the doors open and a CM is there handing out these cards. The card states that it is good for two days for a return visit to the ride. That is right, Dinosaur is down too. Well that just sucked. We decide we have had enough disappointment for one day and head back to the Fort to relax. It was Pizza night with the other Fiends!

After returning to the Fort, I decided to loop some. I was in search of more FF's. I found this and thought, Could it be TCD?

DSC_0491_zpsdd17df71.jpg

Nope wasn't him but must be a man after his own heart for sure.

Then it was on to the Pizza party.(Thanks Lou. It was very enjoyable and most definitely the cheapest meal of the trip!) Here are a few pics.

DSC_0495_zpse77f21e4.jpg

DSC_0494_zps3272f507.jpg

The main Host.

DSC_0496_zps382b7aa1.jpg

Shardi with his dog.

DSC_0500_zpsdd9050c0.jpg

It was a great meetup and I hope to attend another in the future. Thanks Lou!

Next up Thursday, a day of blankness. I can't seem to put a handle on what happened on Thursday. Oh, I remember now, back to the Magic Kingdom.

You guys are hitting the coasters hard. Impressive. That SMB that both coasters were broke

Did you guys make it back to MK to ride SM?

I have to correct myself. At this point we are Two(2) coasters short. I had forgot about Space Mountain! Keep reading. We may make the Grand Slam, we may need another trip.

Thursday is a gloomy day. It had rained off and on all night and there was the threat of more rain all day. We went back to the Magic Kingdom with our ponchos in the pack. We never put them on but it was misty and wet most of the day. We started the day a little later than normal and after getting some more SoM cards, made our way over to the Terrace to get some breakfast. After ordering, and waiting for nearly 15 minutes, I find out that they are sold out of Croissants. I ask Shardi what she would like to do and she said lets go try the Be Our Guest lunch.

We got over to the New Fantasy Land and the line for BoG lunch was backed up almost to Gaston’s Tavern. Having read TCD’s reports, We were not deterred by this and got in line. It about twenty minutes to make it inside the building. I found this plaque amusing.

2013-02-14_11-44-53_815_zps2a338d86.jpg

We made our way through the Armor room and were hoping to use the electronic order device but alas we had a regular CM. We placed our order and made our way to the Rose room. When we got to the Rose Room there were no available tables. We just stood there and a CM tried to get us to move to the main ball room. We ignored them and just waited for a table to be cleared. Once we finally sat down and placed our Rose on the table, our food was there instantly. That is one marvelous piece of technology. I haven’t seen anything work so smoothly anywhere. The food was wonderful. I had the Braised Pork and it was FANTASTIC! I will definitely be back for lunch at BoG!

From here we made our way over to Space Mountain. The kids and I had to do some wrangling but we talked Shardi into riding. She has a severe dislike of SM. This dates back to her teenage years. She succumbed to the peer pressure and rode with us. Dear Son liked it but was not enthusiastic like he was for the other coasters. Shardi still hates it stating it is too jerky, not smooth like Rock-N-Roller.

From SM we were going to go over to Adventure land to play a round of SoM but as we passed Buzz Lightyear I noticed the wait time was 60 minutes but the Fast Pass was issuing passes to ride in 20 minutes. So I snagged a set of Fast Passes for us and we milled around until we could ride. Dear Son was the highest scorer which was a surprise.

We played a couple of rounds of SoM and then headed back to the Fort. Dear Son wanted to swim and we needed to get ready for a Valentine’s supper for Just Shardi and myself. (WooHoo, a Date night on vacation!)

The kids had a GAG for supper and I took Shardi to Narcoossee’s.

It was a great evening just the two of us. We did schedule supper a little late and missed the fireworks. They were at 8:00PM which was early from what we are used to. Supper was great, the atmosphere was great. Just a very good evening to spend Valentine’s with my Valentine!

Next up, Friday and another shot at completing the Grand Slam of Coasters while Shardi leaves us to go hang with the Wild Women.

Great update. I am convinced we need to try BOG for lunch at least. The fiends keep giving it such rave reviews.

I agree on SM. It is quite jerky. I did not ride it on our recent trip bc I was sure it would make my back feel worse.

Many of the other coaster type rides are smooth and don't cause me any issue.

Looking forward to hearing what you and the younglings did while Shardi was hanging with the Womenz of the Wild.

Pizza party was a great idea for a way for some fiends to get together and visit. That was cool that Lou hosted that pizza party.

Wish i could have been there. if lou was an off duty CM I would fill out a comment card about how a CM went above and beyond to make my Disney vacation magical!