Mardi Gras Part Deux

So here we go! The second version of the O’Neal Mardi Gras.

We began the trip on Thursday, the 7th. I was delivering a boxer to a friend’s daughter who happened to be a cast member on property. His name is Bruin and he was a rescue from a mutual friend of a friend in Shreveport, Louisiana. Glad we could start our trip off with a good deed.

563429_549311761754715_1972082048_n_zps2313bbf3.jpg

As Jody said, we were shooting for a 3PM pull out time and as luck would have it, we kept to that time the closest we ever have in the past. Typically our MO is to plan on 4, leave by 9. So far we’re starting off fantastic. Along the way we have particular stops we always make. Raisin’ Canes is always our first pit stop. It’s four hours from home and has the best chicken fingers you’ll ever taste. Cane also happens to be the owner’s dog’s name. Do you see a trend? :)

The furry members of our family settled in well. I usually take photos of the kids too but this was the second trip with our pups, and I was more concerned about building their own album. Mostly the camera stayed in it's place until we arrived the next day.

IMG_0296_zpscc8be646.jpg

IMG_0301_zpsffee5c25.jpg

Our driver, still driving.

IMG_0311_zpsb6230b50.jpg

We spent several hours chitchatting before stopping around midnight on the east side of Pensacola, somewhere. Just a few hours from our destination. :)

After a rather forgettable overnight stop (the best kind, no drama), we completed the second leg of our trip and finally realized we were here!!!! WELCOME HOME!

IMG_0310_zps8bf1a90b.jpg

Immediately I start spotting our favorite bus. Funny how it’s the little things that get you so excited. For me it's the resort transportation that is zipping around me. The monorail track, the many buses. This also started a relentless search for our favorite bus driver. I finally succeeded but that comes later. For now it was various whiplashing around as each bus passed me.

Is that you, Lou?

IMG_0313_zps6a2e42ed.jpg

Looouuuuu! I can’t find you!

IMG_0315_zpse00b7b54.jpg

Eventually I have to stop stalking the bus drivers and focus on our entrance into our favorite home away from home.

IMG_0317_zpsfc8446b3.jpg

But we were momentarily delayed. And by momentarily, I mean at least fifteen minutes between these two dog lovers.

This was the guard. This is a photo of the guard grabbing the other guard's attention so she could fawn over our puppies. She wasn't much of a dog lover. Or maybe she was a cranky guard. She didn't much look at the VIP four footed guests. Oh well, her loss.

IMG_0318_zpscbdbad13.jpg

Did you know our pets are served hors d’oeuvres at reception? These two had an early check-in meal courtesy of a very magical CM. I really should write Disney with my appreciation. Perhaps the kids will give it their paw stamp of approval. :)

IMG_0319_zps89dcec7f.jpg

The CM leaving our vehicle not to get our KOTW card. Oh no. She went back for cookies. Liver flavored doggie cookies. I'm not sure how they know Pluto, Pongo, Purty, all 99 dalmation puppies, Bolt or any number of forgotten dogs here, but they certainly pulled some strings. They were immediately Very Important Puppies.

IMG_0320_zpsd89470a3.jpg

After we got to the site, we set up camp, called our CM friend and waited to relinquish our boxer charge. :)

IMG_0322_zps3c43dcac.jpg

That's it for now. Up next is our first meal and night's entertainment. :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic