TCD's February 2013 Limited Time Magic TR

In! I'm kind of sad the girls might split up for a bit. But awesome sauce they're able to have these choices. Sounds like Mom and Dad did a great job raising them.

:)

I am actually OK with the idea of them separating. I think it will be good for both of them. It's going to make life more interesting for all of us if they do.

All credit for the raising goes to Mrs. TCD. If it was up to me, they would be heading straight to Disney World and getting jobs as loop attendants at the Fort.

Dang, slow again only page 2, but that beats pg. 3! I sure wish I lived close enough to make weekend trips to the Fort. I love being able to read about yours. Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks. Although I have a bit of a drive, it is nice to know that we can pretty much pop over to WDW for the day whenever we like.

The areas they reference at the fort are the dog run areas behind the loops. The areas set aside specificly for this. Of course, any animal may use these areas so they are not specifically service animal areas.

I haven't seen any signs indicating where any service dog areas are at the Fort. The map shows the areas in the middle of the loops. And, there are no dog run areas behind or adjacent to the 1700 or 1900 loop. So, this must be some lame attempt at showing compliance. As far as I have seen, any dog, service or not, can take care of business anywhere in a pet loop. So what's the point of claiming that there are designated areas?

Only TCD can make a few hours at Disney into a full blown trip report and keep us all on the edges of our seats and drooling on our computers in anticipation of more.

Thanks. But, you're just messing with me, right?

The question I still have is if the 2800 loop has the ADA cabins why aren't there any service dog areas near there. Wouldn't most people who have service dogs be staying there? I know that is where my cousin would be staying with her dog if she was staying at the Fort.

Now, that is a very good question. Surely there should be some designated area for service animals in the loops with ADA cabins. But, since the Fort is managed by idiots, I reckon that guests needing this would be directed to the 300 and 1600-1900 loops, where there are no designated areas to begin with.

I believe they brought in extra seagulls to make the Ariel section of the new Fantasyland seem more realistic.

Can't wait to see what happens next - I am on the edge of my seat!

LOL!

Good one.

They even included the seagull poop. Those imagineers don't miss a thing!

Looking forward to more updates. Loving the short trip so far. GAG sounds pretty good right now.

Thanks. I could go for some GAG chicken myself- and I just had some a few days ago.

Love the RR photos - beautiful color!

Love the carriage. I would have liked to have had an opportunity to see it too. I played Cinderella in a play in elementary school (I was the "before" version), so I have a special fondness for that story.

Funny you bring up the service animal thing. On Sat. night I was researching the DHS map to find out if they had lockers. We were going to be doing the Feast and Fantasmic on Sunday night and the forecast was for 34 degrees that night. I wanted to bring blankets to sit on and wrap up in during the show but didn't want to lug them all day. While looking for the locker info I noticed the service animal thing and thought to myself, I never knew that but they need a potty too after all!

We did find the lockers, btw. Up front and very large, only 50 cents! Worked out great and our hineys didn't freeze sitting on those aluminum benches!

You're a genius. That was a great idea. It did get cold at night over this past weekend. I will have to remember this trick, although it looks like we may be done with cold weather for this year.

There are "service dog relief areas" all over WDW.

There are at least three and in some parks, four.

They are shown on the park maps.

Thanks for the info.

But, Dave Devores beat you to the punch and posted this link, which has an interactive map showing all the service dog areas in WDW:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/service-animals/

I never noticed them being shown on the park maps. I'll have to take a look next time.

TCD

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can anybody use these relief areas, or are they just for service dogs?

I finished your post Kim.

Dave has a memorable smile and besides if one listens to the wisdom of the FF they know to "stay off the damn buses." No one says avoid the photo pass photographers.

Can anybody use these relief areas, or are they just for service dogs?

Now that made me lol!

Me too. I love his comments sometimes!

"sometimes" being the operative word.

Very good!

Funny stuff all of you!

Yay! A new TCD report!

3 comments:

1. I had always thought that the TCD twins and DD Danielle were in the same grade. But, I'm guessing the twins are a year ahead of her. They're graduating this year? What are you going to do with the empty nest?

2. I'm so jealous that you got to make an appearance at the WWW! One day I'll be there, whether any of them remember me or not!

3. GAG - Wishing I had one for dinner tonight!

Looking forward to the next installment!

Leslie- Thanks for posting. Good to know that you still visit ff.net!

Yes, the twins graduate this year. I haven't thought much about the empty nest. Mrs. TCD and I think we'll be busy hitting football games in the fall, and maybe finding a central spot someplace where we can meet up at other times of the year. Our oldest graduates college this year too, and is heading off to grad school. So far, she's been accepted at Auburn, which would be a great place for her to go, but she is going to be hearing from some other schools in the next month, so we aren't sure where she's going to land. One thing for sure is that Mrs. TCD and I will be working a lot to pay for all of this!

I don't think there's such a thing as a stranger at WWW. I am sure you would be welcomed with open arms. You absolutely should go.

We're doing well, thank you TCD. Glad to be back home on the boards.

From the pictures, I have to say winter in Florida beats the h - e - double hockey sticks out of winter in Pittsburgh. But I guess I didn't need the pictures to tell me that.

Can't wait for more.

Yup, winter rocks in Florida.

It was a little chilly here this past weekend, but only at night. The days were bright and sunny, as the photos show.

Sorry in late but I'm in and ready for more.

Congrats to the twins. I'm sure they'll make the best decision.

Glad you joined in!

You aren't even late- this report is just getting started.

TCD

We left off on the boat ride to the Fort on our way to get a GAG.

Here's a last look at the shipwreck with Bay Lake Tower and the Contemporary Resort in the background:

Feb2013058_zps7b8dee3f.jpg

In the winter, when the trees lose some of their leaves, you can see some of the old structures on the island. In these shots, you can see the netting from the old aviary and some of the buildings that still stand:

Feb2013059_zps97ffb543.jpg

Feb2013060_zps2f452618.jpg

It's kind of sad that this island sits unused. It would be cool if they still had something for guests to do on the island. Or if they would build some guest rooms on it. Maybe one of these days they will.

I was sitting on the port side of the boat, so this is the best shot I could get of the shoe tree:

Feb2013061_zps143293b5.jpg

Here's a zoom on that photo- it looks like it has a good crop this year:

shoetree_zpsfcfea5ed.jpg

There are also a bunch of birds using the shoe tree. And, there was a whole flock more hanging out in the lake:

Feb2013062_zps51bf6464.jpg

I can't say that I remember seeing this many birds hanging out in the water like this. I guess they are visiting from the north, and will be heading back that way soon.

I am not sure what this boat is used for. It is some kind of work boat, and was heading away from the Fort as we approached:

Feb2013063_zps35b4187a.jpg

Feb2013064_zps9949a64a.jpg

This seagull decided to buck the trend and hang out at the Fort marina rather than at the MK boat dock:

Feb2013065_zpsa254c5a6.jpg

We made it to the Fort at around 5:45. Which is a good time to get there. There were folks lining up for the Hoop Dee Doo, but Trail's End was pretty dead.

We ordered our dinner, and claimed our table on the porch.

I enjoyed the view:

Feb2013066_zpsa97edc64.jpg

It won't be long now before those crepe myrtles have their leaves back.

The last time I was here, the bushes next to the porch had grown pretty high. It looks like they've been trimmed. Also note that the azeleas have bloomed:

Feb2013067_zpsa41d6ad9.jpg

And, the bushes around the fence where the River Country wagon is supposed to be have also been trimmed since my last visit:

Feb2013068_zps66deef01.jpg

For comparison, this is how things looked in January:

NYE2012369.jpg

Props to the bush trimmer.

Here we are looking toward the marina:

Feb2013069_zps58cc49ea.jpg

As you can see, it was pretty dead around the Settlement. And this was a Friday night on a holiday weekend. There were very few guests in Trail's End, and none waiting to go in. Our food came quick, and we were there until just past 6:30, and it never picked up. I found that odd. Usually the joint is jumping at that time of night on a Friday.

We had a lot of food left over. And I had a cooler in the car. So, the plan after dinner was that the girls would head back to the MK, and I would head over to the car to put the leftovers in the cooler, and then meet up with them. I have taken leftover chicken into the MK in my backpack, but since we weren't in a hurry, I decided to make the run to the car.

So that's what we did.

I was waiting for a bus at the Setllement bus stop when a Yellow bus approached. The doors opened, and out came a bunch of Wild Womenz. It was Marty, Kim, Judy, Rita, and others. I've met all of them except Marty before, so it was funny that I just happened to be there when they arrived. I got to say a quick hello, but my bus was there, and I had to go. I told them I would be back by to say hello later, but I had to go. That was some real limited time magic. Like maybe 30 seconds. It's pretty amazing that we ran in to each other like that.

I ran my errand, and then made it back to the MK. We had about 45 minutes left until our Fastpasses expired, and the fireworks were about to begin. The MK was packed! Really packed. And, it seemed like they didn't have the crowd control in place for the kinds of crowds that were here. We decided to watch the fireworks from the bridge to Tomorrowland. There were no castmembers on the bridge directing traffic, and it was bedlam. People stopped and stood and blocked those trying to walk. What a mess.

I got in place to film a video of TinkerBill. I'll tell you right now that I didn't do a good job, and that this video doesn't shed any light on whether he's a dude or not, but it's still worth a look for two reasons. First, it looks like TinkerBill almost is hit by a firework, and second, you can see how he shuts off his lights right when he gets to the shower curtain contraption. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdduJpBbQFs&feature=youtu.be

Pretty bad video, huh?

I told you.

But, now that I know where he lands, I might be able to get closer to the landing spot for a better video on a future trip.

After the fireworks, we headed toward Space Mountain. As we headed that way, right in front of the Laugh Floor, I almost ran right in to a guy who I recognized. It was CDNCruiser from here on ff.net! We literally almost ran right in to each other. Great to see you Gary! Gary told me that they were staying on the 800 loop, but I think they have headed back to the frozen tundra of Canada by now.

Man, we were having a lot of unplanned Fiend encounters that night. And ,wait. There are still more to come!

After our run-in and quick chat with Gary, we cashed in our Space Mountain Fastpasses. Good thing we had them, as standby was 120 minutes. Ug! It was busy.

The plan for the photo was to pretend that we were asleep, but I had other ideas:

Feb2013072_zpsd5f3c0e2.jpg

After Space Mountain, we took the path by the train tracks back to Storybook Circus. I had texted fellow Fiend Devores earlier that day to see if he would be around. He told me he had to work that night in Storybook Circus, which meant that he would either be in Pete's Silly Sideshow or with Ariel. I told the girls we should check. So, we peeked in the tent. And guess who we saw?

Dave Devores!

Sweet!

He took these photos:

daisy_zpsda05ab8d.jpg

daisygroup_zps127398de.jpg

I asked him if I could take a photo of him with Daisy for laughs.

He said sure.

But, Daisy gestured for me to take her other arm wing, so I did, and this is what we got:

Feb2013075_zps816ba2d6.jpg

LOL! I love that photo! That Daisy likes the men. I'm glad Donald wasn't looking. And, keep this quiet, because I don't want Dave to have any trouble with Mrs. Devores, but if I didn't know any better, I would say that Daisy has a thing for him.

Dave also took this photo:

minnie_zpsfc8a5201.jpg

And I took this one:

Feb2013076_zps46e82cbb.jpg

That was a really neat encounter. The last time we stopped by this tent, there was a really long line to meet Daisy and Minnie. Tonight, there was no line at all. Plus we got a great photographer.

We headed out and back through New Fantasyland.

The wait times for Ariel and Belle were ridiculous.

We decided that maybe it was time to leave.

As we headed out, we saw that Mary Poppins and Bert were having a meet and greet by the carousel. Bert is rare. He was there for the Limited Time Magic thing.

So we stopped for a photo. That photo is on Twin #1's camera, so I'll have to owe it to you.

I asked Mary Poppins what the deal is with her rule.

She said she didn't know what I was talking about, and even if she did, she couldn't tell me.

Women.

The girls decided we should have some ice cream before we left.

So we stopped by Storybook Treats for a cone.

Twin #1 decided to start a new trend. She calls it unicorning:

Feb2013079_zps7c412cb2.jpg

If this catches on with the young people, remember that Twin #1 started it.

From here we headed out.

But, our magic had not ended.

We got to see the Electric Water Pageant:

Feb2013080_zps8653fdba.jpg

Feb2013081_zpsf5179619.jpg

Feb2013082_zpsd3b078c9.jpg

I love the EWP!

We retrieved our car.

But we didn't head home just yet.

I had some spiking to do.

We went to the Fort and looked for the Wild Womenz.

We found their encampment, but most of them were out being wild. I did get to see Carol, Lorna, Rita, and Missy, and I think a couple more ladies were hanging around there too. But the really wild ones were out being wild. Too bad. I left some spikes with Carol, and then we headed home.

We were home for the weekend, but when Monday morning rolled around, it was right back to WDW.

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

Steven Spielberg called. He wants you to film his next movie. NOT!!!.

Just kidding. The Tinkerbill is a dude debate will continue, I guess. But I do think I caught a glimpse of his junk.

Not to mention he waves that wand around like it's a barbeque spatula. Only a dude would do that.

I'm in ... Congrats to the twins for their admissions at the schools, I'm sure that it will be a tough decision, but if I can suggest, remember to review the schools Clery Report, and I always suggest that you stop in at the Career center and ask lots of questions about placement rates, alumni access to the career center, and whether they have etiquette dinners, resume help, and mock interviewing.

Great to bump into you and the TCD twins Saturday night! It is indeed a small world!

Yes, we are on the way back to the frozen tundra in Canada. We have stopped for the night in frigid Harrisburg, PA. It's 28 degrees with bitterly cold winds. Brrrr!

We should be home late tomorrow afternoon.

We miss The Fort already!

I miss one day and I end up on page 4. Ridiculous.

My dad raised me a GT fan (I don't tell that to many people, but I guess I'll be outed because TCD TR are famous), and I got accepted, but I didn't want to be an engineer. And the GT vibe wasn't me. The rest is history.

You shut your mouth. I will never think of you in the same way again.

Im just going to jump right in with some comments.

The best place to watch Tink fly is next to the desert party area near the laugh floor. I work this area from time to time and she flies right over your head. You get a good view from there and if its quite enough, you can hear her.

It was great running into you. You definetly get props for being the first to get a photo of me at work. Your daughters were kind of confused as to why you wanted a photo with the photopass guy and not Daisy.

FWRick gets bragging rights for being the first to run into me, but he didnt get pics.

As for the WWW missing me, I was not hiding. I was with Flynn and Rapunzel all night.

So, the knickers photo is still on the table. Who will be the first to get that one?

As for the service animals (yes animals, they arent all dogs- in fact Ive seen everything from cats, birds, and even a pig) areas at the fort, I guess it would be more of a compliance thing. you gotta have the areas by law, so they just throw them on the map.

If you want to meet the characters back in SBC (story Book Circus), go towards park closing. The later it gets, the less of a line and you can pretty much walk in and see them. Everytime I work back there its the same. The characters go out to try to get people to come in its so slow. But the closer to park close the less people there are in SBC. They are all in the front of the park.