TCD's February 2013 Limited Time Magic TR

Someone actually asked him if those were actual odds.

There aren't 6000 buses. But there are 6000 (roughly) stops between all buses if you add the four parks, the resorts and DTD. How many times a bus loads passengers, etc.

Then you have to average the remote possibility of being at THAT particular stop. It's not just the average of how many drivers are out there, but where you'll be at that particular moment on that particular route.

I think… Does that make sense?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can anybody use these relief areas, or are they just for service dogs?

I finished your post Kim.

Dave has a memorable smile and besides if one listens to the wisdom of the FF they know to "stay off the damn buses." No one says avoid the photo pass photographers.

WATCH OUT NICKI!!!

I made this comment. Then I got the grouchy bus driver 101 sermon.

*ahem*

It would have to be a probability of one in six thousand before you were able to find Lou.

(insert some explanation that gave me cross eyes))

*ahem*

end quote.

you are forgetting TCD's gps monitor idea

TCD, you'll have to start over. That video is the mother of all hijacks.

So true!

This totally took my mind off of Devores' knickers.

Dave & INC, you and your family rock. LOVED it! I'm guessing this is a Gwen original?

Someone actually asked him if those were actual odds.

There aren't 6000 buses. But there are 6000 (roughly) stops between all buses if you add the four parks, the resorts and DTD. How many times a bus loads passengers, etc.

Then you have to average the remote possibility of being at THAT particular stop. It's not just the average of how many drivers are out there, but where you'll be at that particular moment on that particular route.

I think… Does that make sense?

Was it Lou who explained this to you?

If so, then it might be right.

That guy is like Rain Man sometimes.

Dave's image has only grown in the time since I found that video. You know any man that will do that loves his family very much and I commend him.

Now, where is my video camera?...........

Do it!

It does to me.

Hmmm.

So is that your calculation of the odds?

It's amazing that two Fiends found you.

Gettysburg Shake?

I hope that y'all do it!

I too love how Anna wanted to go dance right away. The beat was carrying her away. :D

Thanks for sharing the video.

That plus Anna dancing on the table makes this video even more awesome!

TCD, you'll have to start over. That video is the mother of all hijacks.

I know.

But, I only have one day left to report on, so I'm not starting over.

I am going to post an update soon.

Like real soon.

I promise.

That wig was en FUEGO.

LOL.

Wait, you know what the wig reminds me of?

The mother in Psycho!

Am I right?

So true!

This totally took my mind off of Devores' knickers.

Dave & INC, you and your family rock. LOVED it! I'm guessing this is a Gwen original?

you just had to bring that back up didn't ya :rofl3: :rofl3:

One Dave's knickers.

The other Dave's wig.

What happened to my trip report?

TCD

OK, maybe I can squeeze in a little update here!

What a fun thread this has turned in to!

What a hijack!

All from a picture of an ice cream cone.

Anyway, where were we?

Oh wait, first, if you haven't seen it, go back to post #115 above and watch the video Aaron linked there.

That "lady" in the wig is DaveInTn.

Kind of like TinkerBill.

But Dave.

In case you forgot, we went home on Friday night, but would be back Monday.

Why?

The girls had off of school.

And, we had won two tickets for the taping of the Live with Kelly and Michael show.

Do you know I've never seen that show?

I know at some point I saw an episode when it was Regis and Kathy Lee.

But I've never seen Kelly on that show.

And certainly not Michael.

But the girls like that show, so we applied for tickets and got them.

We got tickets for the second taping on Monday.

Yes I said taping.

Spoiler alert: Live with Kelly and Michael isn't always live.

Our instructions told us to report to the MK gates at 10:00 for the 11:30 taping.

We decided to go for rope drop just so we could scout things out.

That meant an early morning departure from Fort TCD.

No problem.

It was around the time the girls leave for school on school days anyway.

Overnight Sunday ended up being one of the coldest, if not the coldest, night we've had all winter.

It was 34 degrees as I drove through Lakeland, and I think I saw frost on the ground.

But, once the sun came up, it started to warm up.

And there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

Beautiful!

Here we are waiting for the opening show at the MK. The clock up there on the train station says it's 8:38 am:

Feb2013085_zps15a1e60c.jpg

Look at that blue sky!

Despite the cold morning, there was quite a crowd there with us:

Feb2013086_zpsd6076364.jpg

We didn't have to wait long before the Mayor would come out and welcome us to the Magic Kingdom.

But, the Mayor didn't show.

It was the Chief of the Main Street Volunteer Fire Department who came out to welcome us. I didn't know he has a name, but he does.

Here's Smokey Miller:

Feb2013088_zpsde2bcec8.jpg

Chief Smokey did a nice job.

Next came the dancers:

Feb2013089_zps0c97d501.jpg

Feb2013090_zps3ae70e04.jpg

And then we heard the train and saw the steam:

Feb2013091_zps2bc6950d.jpg

The train pulled right on it to the station:

Feb2013092_zps916b656d.jpg

Feb2013093_zps78f1818b.jpg

And the characters aboard came on to the platform to do some more singing and dancing:

Feb2013094_zps2b96b879.jpg

The family of the day was introduced. It was a grandma and grandpa and a daughter and grandson. The grandson was probably about four years old, but he hid under a blanket and refused to show himself, LOL:

Feb2013096_zps8657ae28.jpg

There is an interesting assortment of characters in this show:

Feb2013097_zpsd671a35c.jpg

I tried to get a photo of the streamers in mid air, but I just missed it:

Feb2013100_zpse05d439a.jpg

I was ready for the fireworks too.

But they ended the show, and no fireworks:

Feb2013102_zpsbc329947.jpg

I wonder if this had something to do with that:

Feb2013103_zpsc2ac4c46.jpg

Cool!

The Goodyear Blimp!

I love the Goodyear Blimp.

It was there to provide aerial shots for the show:

Feb2013108_zpsd757d4c8.jpg

All the guest were directed over to one side of the entrance. The other side was for guests coming in for the first show.

It was kind of congested around Main Street, but they did a good job of having guests keep moving, and it really wasn't bad at all:

Feb2013112_zps1fb3536b.jpg

You can see that they already had the guests for the first show seated and ready to go. Which is good, because they were going to broadcast that show live at 9 am:

Feb2013113_zps63f9838d.jpg

There were several of these signs placed around. They said if you walk past the sign, you are consenting to being taped for the show:

Feb2013114_zps18d47fdd.jpg

You can see that some people are still bundled up, but it already was getting pleasant:

Feb2013115_zps7ae01265.jpg

They opened this first show with a musical number from Beauty and the Beast. You can see Mrs. Potts in this photo warming up the crowd:

Feb2013117_zps8bd06324.jpg

This apparently was the cast from the DHS show:

Feb2013119_zps1be8eb05.jpg

I think I have shared before that I am not a big fan of the French people. No offense, but they're too snooty for me. But, I have to admit these feather dusters are easy on the eye:

Feb2013120_zps8ab182e6.jpg

Feb2013121_zpsed9028d5.jpg

Main Street was pretty busy, but once we were past the set, things were pretty normal in the park:

Feb2013122_zpse5d2f1b2.jpg

We didn't have a plan for what to do between now and when the girls were supposed to report for their show.

They decided that they wanted to report early, as they thought this might get them better seats, so we decided that we would head back to the front for that at 9:30.

That gave us only 30 minutes.

We decided to use that time wisely and went to Gaston's Tavern for the cinnamon rolls.

I remember CCIntrigue/Gwen said she got a nice hot cinnamon roll here early one morning.

We were as early as we could be. Right at 9 am.

Our cinnamon rolls were lukewarm. Almost room temperature.

Curse you, Starbucks!

Here's a look at the blimp from outside Gaston's Tavern:

Feb2013125_zpsff598c89.jpg

Feb2013126_zps28d5d5ce.jpg

And a look at the Mine Train. Someday, this will be done, and we will look at photos like this and say look how they built that thing:

Feb2013127_zpsb759e208.jpg

Our host:

Feb2013129_zps90e32c95.jpg

By the time we were done with our cinnamon rolls, it was time to go.

So we did.

This seems like a good place to stop.

Next up, the girls check in.

And I check out for a quick Limited Time Magic appearance at the Fort.

TCD

What is a Clery report? Just curious. Mine aren't even in HS yet.

I have observed that having UF or FSU on your resume is huge for a lot of people. Very prestigious, and would most certainly give them a leg up as far as job prospects, especially in FL. Depending on what they want to study, too.

My niece got her master's from FSU in August and had a job before she graduated waiting for her.

My husband got his MBA from UF and immediately got a better job after he finished that program.

My neighbor's daughter is a sophomore at UF majoring in some sort of pharmacy study…….pharmacology? Not sure of the terminology, but she already began working at CVS during her freshman year and they told me she will become a pharmacist much faster than it takes most people due to the program she is in and the fact that they already placed her with a company.

There are some good points here that transfer to all states really. I will agree that going to one of the big flagship universities does help you get jobs. It's something you can instantly have in common with people who interview you. Even if they went to the rival school, you can turn it into conversation.

I'm late to the Dave video party, but I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!! What great parents. And blackmail material.

Dave,

Just so you know, Jennifer made me do it. She said there was something wrong with me if I didn't.

I felt like Marty McFly when Biff called him chicken.

http://youtu.be/nW_ophKei7E

:rofl2: OMG, this was hysterical! I will gladly take full blame for this!

But I do have to say Dave, you and INC are great parents...I love how you both got involved in the video with them.

Let me start first start this comment with something that actually relates to the TR at hand...

I still can't understand why Michael Strahan is hosting a morning talk show with Kelly Ripa.

WTF?

Regardless, I'm interested to find out how the taping went.

I'm also interested to hear that the cinnamon roll at Gaston's was luke warm. So I guess us "screwing up" and getting one on Mainstreet last time wasn't that bad of a screw up after all.

Now, on to the comments not related in any way to this TR:

But now I'm UGA alumni and a 14 year season ticket holder..... Does that help win back my rep?

I guess you have a point. Consider the rep won back.

Now, if you ever have any extra tickets...

Dave,

Just so you know, Jennifer made me do it. She said there was something wrong with me if I didn't.

I felt like Marty McFly when Biff called him chicken.

http://youtu.be/nW_ophKei7E

This is amazing.

I almost thought Dave's wig was a coonskin hat like Davy Crockett's.

After all, he does live in tennessee...

That wig Dave is wearing looks very similar to Tinkerbill's. And there we have it - the missing link we were looking for. Or at least more compelling evidence.

I guess you have a point. Consider the rep won back.

Now, if you ever have any extra tickets...

I almost thought Dave's wig was a coonskin hat like Davy Crockett's.

After all, he does live in tennessee...

I also have a dog named Sanford and will be attending the first and only concert to ever be held in Sanford Stadium in April. In all seriousness, we semi-regularly have 1 extra ticket because Z has one, and we don't bring him to night games. But for most minor games and some others, I get tickets offered to me all the time. And we have a rule in the RV tailgate lot... you only charge face value. The coonskin hat comment almost made me spit water on my computer.

That wig Dave is wearing looks very similar to Tinkerbill's. And there we have it - the missing link we were looking for. Or at least more compelling evidence.

Hmmm.... but this sounds possible too.....

What is a Clery report? Just curious. Mine aren't even in HS yet.

Clery Act Summary

• Schools must publish an annual report disclosing campus security policies and three years worth of selected crime statistics.
  • Schools must make timely warnings to the campus community about crimes that pose an ongoing threat to students and employees.
  • Each institution with a police or security department must have a public crime log.
  • The U.S. Department of Education centrally collects and disseminates the crime statistics.
  • Campus sexual assault victims are assured of certain basic rights.
  • Schools that fail to comply can be fined by the DOE.

Good job Aaron. I've posted enough of Gwen's videos that I didn't figure that would be too hard to find. And don't bother trying to blackmail me...I lost any sense of embarrassment years ago. My theory on life is...I go with the flow and don't give a rip about what other people think. If it makes my girls happy, I'm ok with it. Even though I still have no idea what that whole harlem shake thing is about.

And yes, it is Norman Bates' mother's wig...part of a halloween costume we have.

Now...there are other videos Gwen has made that are NOT on youtube. Those would be blackmail material. Which is why they aren't on youtube. :rofl3: