TCD's February 2013 Limited Time Magic TR

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can anybody use these relief areas, or are they just for service dogs?

I finished your post Kim.

Dave has a memorable smile and besides if one listens to the wisdom of the FF they know to "stay off the damn buses." No one says avoid the photo pass photographers.

You have made 4 hours at WDW a 4 page report! Only you! Great photos.

It looks to me like some shrubs were actually removed, and others were trimmed, looking at you comparison pictures.

I didn't hear a big "thud" at the end of the video. That's good, I guess! Still, I look forward to hearing about your next step in this investigation.

The SM snooze photos are a riot. SM must be kind of a snooze for you guys I guess, since you have rode on it so many times!

Love the SB circus shots too……esp. the one of you and Devores. You're a couple of softies deep down, aren't you?

Shouldn't twin #1's trend be called "uniconing"?? Get it? See what I did there?

I am pro-EWP. Even when I can't get down to the beach to see it, hearing the music waft through the Fort when we are there makes me smile.

I'm in ... Congrats to the twins for their admissions at the schools, I'm sure that it will be a tough decision, but if I can suggest, remember to review the schools Clery Report, and I always suggest that you stop in at the Career center and ask lots of questions about placement rates, alumni access to the career center, and whether they have etiquette dinners, resume help, and mock interviewing.

What is a Clery report? Just curious. Mine aren't even in HS yet.

I have observed that having UF or FSU on your resume is huge for a lot of people. Very prestigious, and would most certainly give them a leg up as far as job prospects, especially in FL. Depending on what they want to study, too.

My niece got her master's from FSU in August and had a job before she graduated waiting for her.

My husband got his MBA from UF and immediately got a better job after he finished that program.

My neighbor's daughter is a sophomore at UF majoring in some sort of pharmacy study…….pharmacology? Not sure of the terminology, but she already began working at CVS during her freshman year and they told me she will become a pharmacist much faster than it takes most people due to the program she is in and the fact that they already placed her with a company.

Bill must control the lights himself...as when he first departs the castle they are off. He flicks them on after he is a little bit away from the castle, I guess so that you can't see him inside the castle itself. and then he obviously turns the lights off a couple seconds prior to slamming into the mattress.

I think you're right about that. I thought I was going to get a shot of him slamming in to the dirty mattress. I suspected that maybe somebody would be there to close the shower curtain, but I didn't think that he would just shut off his lights like that. This is clearly a high tech operation.

Steven Spielberg called. He wants you to film his next movie. NOT!!!.

Just kidding. The Tinkerbill is a dude debate will continue, I guess. But I do think I caught a glimpse of his junk.

I know. I failed. But, we did learn a few things. Like about the shower curtain. And the light controls, and this:

Not to mention he waves that wand around like it's a barbeque spatula. Only a dude would do that.

That is another good observation. And, as Dave says, that might actually be a spatula spankula.

The question is......did you come closer to solving the TB issues on your Monday return?

So WW were spiking other WW?

Cool you got to see so many fiends. Wish I could have stayed one more day.

No, I wasn't there for the fireworks on Monday. But, I will be back.

Yes, the WW spiked each other. Out of all of them, I think there were only four that were un-spiked. Not anymore.

I wish you could have stayed one more day too. But, you'll be back.

WWW + Aaron......hmmmmm that might = trouble

Scratch the might.

No man should go anywhere near the Wild Womenz.

I'm in ... Congrats to the twins for their admissions at the schools, I'm sure that it will be a tough decision, but if I can suggest, remember to review the schools Clery Report, and I always suggest that you stop in at the Career center and ask lots of questions about placement rates, alumni access to the career center, and whether they have etiquette dinners, resume help, and mock interviewing.

Good suggestions, but that ain't the way it is at the state schools in Florida.

My girls were very lucky to get offered admission at FSU and UF a lot of their friends were not. And all of these kids are great students. The demand far exceeds the supply.

These days the average consumer (high school senior) does not have any bargaining power in the college admission process. Maybe if the girls were super scholars or super athletes they might have a lot of choices, but they are very, very fortunate to have even been offered a spot.

And the girls don't need no etiquette dinners. They do just fine slamming down their fried chicken on Crockett's porch.

If I had actually read this TR, which I haven't, I would have seen that post by Dave.

Yeah, I know.

That's why I called it to your attention. The information on that link is pretty comprehensive.

It looked super close in the video that TB almost got hit, did it look that close in real life?

No, that is totally an optical illusion. The firework was actually very far above him. It sure doesn't look that way on the video, though.

I bet that's why he's waving his spankula so frantically.

Spankula!

Wow, you're right- he is waving a spankula!

Good catch!

Great to bump into you and the TCD twins Saturday night! It is indeed a small world!

Yes, we are on the way back to the frozen tundra in Canada. We have stopped for the night in frigid Harrisburg, PA. It's 28 degrees with bitterly cold winds. Brrrr!

We should be home late tomorrow afternoon.

We miss The Fort already!

Yes, Gary, it's funny that we ran right in to each other!

Sorry about that weather you have up there. I won't mention that it has warmed up here quite a bit since you headed north.

TCD

And Dave is not wearing knickers, too bad. Wonder if the WWW ladies ran into him?

I haven't seen Dave in his knickers either. But, one of these days . . .

Just have to say I love Daisy and Minnie in the tent. Best ones ever. :)

We love that tent, too.

There is a fun energy in there.

It is a huge improvement over they way you had to wait for the characters in the old meet and greet area, and then meet them in a generic room.

I did not run into him. I think he was hiding! But I was the first to spot the cranky bus driver :bighug:

Dave is a smart man.

I can only imagine the Wild Womenz at a photopass photo shoot.

But did you get pics with the bus driver's pup?

Nicely played, Aaron.

Lou is easy to meet.

Buddy and Gail, (his better 2/3's) are not.

Are throwing teasers out for your trip report on TCD's ?

I guess in a round about way that could be said.....but I already posted it on the live portion of my TR.......and Nikki said she would get some Pup time when she arrived for WWW.

If I advertised my TR here though....it would probably be a good idea.

Great idea!

Everyone be sure to read Aaron's Trip Report!

This one is just a short one. He was there for over a week!

I miss one day and I end up on page 4. Ridiculous.

You shut your mouth. I will never think of you in the same way again.

Hey, but at least you're here. Woo Hoo!

I think Kelly should get credit for not going to GT. That was a good call football-wise.

Im just going to jump right in with some comments.

The best place to watch Tink fly is next to the desert party area near the laugh floor. I work this area from time to time and she flies right over your head. You get a good view from there and if its quite enough, you can hear her.

It was great running into you. You definetly get props for being the first to get a photo of me at work. Your daughters were kind of confused as to why you wanted a photo with the photopass guy and not Daisy.

FWRick gets bragging rights for being the first to run into me, but he didnt get pics.

As for the WWW missing me, I was not hiding. I was with Flynn and Rapunzel all night.

So, the knickers photo is still on the table. Who will be the first to get that one?

As for the service animals (yes animals, they arent all dogs- in fact Ive seen everything from cats, birds, and even a pig) areas at the fort, I guess it would be more of a compliance thing. you gotta have the areas by law, so they just throw them on the map.

If you want to meet the characters back in SBC (story Book Circus), go towards park closing. The later it gets, the less of a line and you can pretty much walk in and see them. Everytime I work back there its the same. The characters go out to try to get people to come in its so slow. But the closer to park close the less people there are in SBC. They are all in the front of the park.

Great comments!

That is interesting about SBC being dead at the end of the night. This is useful information for folks who might only have one day at the MK. It would make sense to hit that last.

I am going to look for that spot you mentioned the next time I'm there for the fireworks. Maybe I can get a recording of TinkerBill screaming.

I accept the knickers challenge. We will find you!

Unfortunately, no. I checked up and down Main Street every time we passed through there and never saw him :(

Sounds like he was hiding with Rapunzel.

Not a bad gig.

TCD

Im just going to jump right in with some comments.

The best place to watch Tink fly is next to the desert party area near the laugh floor. I work this area from time to time and she flies right over your head. You get a good view from there and if its quite enough, you can hear her.

It was great running into you. You definetly get props for being the first to get a photo of me at work. Your daughters were kind of confused as to why you wanted a photo with the photopass guy and not Daisy.

FWRick gets bragging rights for being the first to run into me, but he didnt get pics.

As for the WWW missing me, I was not hiding. I was with Flynn and Rapunzel all night.

So, the knickers photo is still on the table. Who will be the first to get that one?

As for the service animals (yes animals, they arent all dogs- in fact Ive seen everything from cats, birds, and even a pig) areas at the fort, I guess it would be more of a compliance thing. you gotta have the areas by law, so they just throw them on the map.

If you want to meet the characters back in SBC (story Book Circus), go towards park closing. The later it gets, the less of a line and you can pretty much walk in and see them. Everytime I work back there its the same. The characters go out to try to get people to come in its so slow. But the closer to park close the less people there are in SBC. They are all in the front of the park.

I too will except your knicker challenge. If the elusive photo does not surface by our May trip.

Just a few questions. Does Dave always work at the MK? Does he have the same hours? Where can I get a unicone for my DD? Ok it's for me.

I too will except your knicker challenge. If the elusive photo does not surface by our May trip.

Just a few questions. Does Dave always work at the MK? Does he have the same hours? Where can I get a unicone for my DD? Ok it's for me.

No and No

No clues? No hints? Not even a riddle?

My home park is MK, but I dont always work Main Street. I work the entire park. Main Street is the only area we wear the knickers. So you will have to catch me on a Main street day. I do work other parks from time to time.

The real kicker is, even when I do work main street, I could be anywhere in the front of the park. From the entrance train station to the castle hub. All along MS, inside with the princesses or Mickey, with any character in that area, in the view station where you can see your photopass photos, or just wondering around taking photos. The best part, im never in one location for very long. I ussualy change locations every 2 to 3 hours.

What are we hearing from TB? Because if it was me up there it wouldn't be very magical stuff coming from my mouth!!

True. One thing that I noticed when I taped him is that Bill really is going pretty fast down that wire. The mattress slam at the end must be pretty forceful. I'll bet what he says isn't very magical.

Is that enough for you knucklehead schmuck faces, and you know who you are, that the flying TB is played by a girl?

Strap a harness tightly through the legs of any man and he'd sound like a girl.

Are you speaking from experience?

Poor Lou. Took the bait again.

Let it go, bro.

You have made 4 hours at WDW a 4 page report! Only you! Great photos.

It looks to me like some shrubs were actually removed, and others were trimmed, looking at you comparison pictures.

I didn't hear a big "thud" at the end of the video. That's good, I guess! Still, I look forward to hearing about your next step in this investigation.

The SM snooze photos are a riot. SM must be kind of a snooze for you guys I guess, since you have rode on it so many times!

Love the SB circus shots too……esp. the one of you and Devores. You're a couple of softies deep down, aren't you?

Shouldn't twin #1's trend be called "uniconing"?? Get it? See what I did there?

I am pro-EWP. Even when I can't get down to the beach to see it, hearing the music waft through the Fort when we are there makes me smile.

Great comments!

Uniconing. Very good. If this takes off you get credit too.

Oh, and don't look now, but we are already on page 5, and no signs of slowing down.

What is a Clery report? Just curious. Mine aren't even in HS yet.

I have observed that having UF or FSU on your resume is huge for a lot of people. Very prestigious, and would most certainly give them a leg up as far as job prospects, especially in FL. Depending on what they want to study, too.

My niece got her master's from FSU in August and had a job before she graduated waiting for her.

My husband got his MBA from UF and immediately got a better job after he finished that program.

My neighbor's daughter is a sophomore at UF majoring in some sort of pharmacy study…….pharmacology? Not sure of the terminology, but she already began working at CVS during her freshman year and they told me she will become a pharmacist much faster than it takes most people due to the program she is in and the fact that they already placed her with a company.

I don't know what the Clery report is either, and we have been in the college search process for over a year, and went through it four years ago with my older DD.

We have friends who have two children in the UF Pharmacy school. It is very tough to get in, but they will leave with PharmD degrees. and will have their pick of job offers.

Can't help you with the Dave search- you just have to track him down (or ask him where he's going to be-that works too).

This unicone came from the ice cream stand next to the old Snow White ride. I want to see that photo!

I am just very glad there were no spankulas present when the spiking was going on. That's all I am sayin' about that.

We looked high and low for the knickered photographer. No luck.

OK, I'm going to lend you my spankula for the next WWW.

Thank goodness for Dave that y'all didn't find him. He probably would be out a job about now if you had.

No clues? No hints? Not even a riddle?

My home park is MK, but I dont always work Main Street. I work the entire park. Main Street is the only area we wear the knickers. So you will have to catch me on a Main street day. I do work other parks from time to time.

The real kicker is, even when I do work main street, I could be anywhere in the front of the park. From the entrance train station to the castle hub. All along MS, inside with the princesses or Mickey, with any character in that area, in the view station where you can see your photopass photos, or just wondering around taking photos. The best part, im never in one location for very long. I ussualy change locations every 2 to 3 hours.

True. Even if you have a clue where Dave is supposed to be, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. We've looked before. I was really shocked when we walked in to that tent and saw him.

TCD

It can't be that hard to find this man.

I instantly recognized his face in TCD's picture.

He's taken our picture a bunch of times.

I just wish I knew he was more than just another CM.

Wow, no kidding, that's amazing.

That is amazing. Well, now you know who to look for.

He isn't hard to find at the Fort either. Look for him when you're there next month. He always has some good tips to share (just like good old Lou).

TCD

This is from urban dictionary.....

uniconing

The act of purchasing an ice-cream cone at a drive through, asking the person if they believe in unicorns, then sticking the ice-cream cone to your forehead while slowly driving away screaming, "believe"!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmYUAKO9TqY

Sorry, the twins are doing it wrong. But it was a good try.

Maybe thier new college will teach em the correct way to unicone.

That is amazing. Well, now you know who to look for.

He isn't hard to find at the Fort either. Look for him when you're there next month. He always has some good tips to share (just like good old Lou).

TCD

This brings up a good point. The elusive photo must be taken while Im working to count. No paparazzi stalking at the fort.

This is from urban dictionary.....

uniconing

The act of purchasing an ice-cream cone at a drive through, asking the person if they believe in unicorns, then sticking the ice-cream cone to your forehead while slowly driving away screaming, "believe"!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmYUAKO9TqY

Sorry, the twins are doing it wrong. But it was a good try.

Maybe thier new college will teach em the correct way to unicone.

Wow, who knew?

Am I reading it right that that video has over 800K views.

Crazy.

Twin #1 probably stole the idea.

That video is pretty funny. Stupid. But funny.

Chip off the old block.

This brings up a good point. The elusive photo must be taken while Im working to count. No paparazzi stalking at the fort.

Well, darn.

So no staking out your fiver?

TCD

Wow, who knew?

Am I reading it right that that video has over 800K views.

Crazy.

Twin #1 probably stole the idea.

That video is pretty funny. Stupid. But funny.

Chip off the old block.

Well, darn.

So no staking out your fiver?

TCD

Maybe it became so popular it blew up over night. She could have started this craze without even knowing.

To be honest, I didnt watch the entire video and just threw it up to show what it is. Why would you waste a good cone by shoving it into your head?

And no staking out the fiver. Thats too easy.

This entire post could be taken the wrong way very, very easily!

Sorry, but I have no desire to see Dave in his knickers. I am sure he looks great in them, as he appears to be quite fit, but I will respect Mrs. Dave on that one.

However, I would love to run into him at one of the character meet and greets some time. (thanks for the great tip, btw!)

Too bad on the uniconing patent being taken already. At least twin #1 was smart enough to do hers after the ice cream was eaten. That would be one sticky mess with all of that hair of hers!