Read on one of the Disney pages that the river country DVC is not going to happen. Did I read it right. N

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where did you read that story? There are a lot of crackpot self proclaimed Disney experts out there.

On our late night trip to MK, we went in COp just to warm up. I kept falling asleep, only to wake up when the ride would move so I could sing along before going back to sleep!

BLASPHEMY ALLL OF YOU!!! You have to keep COP!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but that is my number one all time favorite attraction at WDW!!!!!

All that anybody knows about this is rumor.

There has never been an official announcement from Disney that the DVC would be built in the first place.

First there were persistent rumors from CM's that the TCD barn was going to be moved up to the Outpost.

Then there was a rumor that there would be new dining pavilion built behind the Settlement Trading Post to replace the current BBQ pavilion.

The story was these elements were being moved to make way for a new resort.

It turns out that the rumors about the plans for the barn and pavilion to be replaced were true, as Disney actually applied for permits on those.

The rumors about a new resort being considered are also true. They went as far as to have architectural renderings and a scale model of the resort built.

But there has never been any kind of official announcement from Disney about any of this.

So, there certainly is no official announcement that the project has been scrapped.

TCD

...So, there certainly is no official announcement that the project has been scrapped.

Very true.

And given that the construction had actually started over at GF before they officially announced it was going to be a DVC, seems unlikely Disney is going to say anything at all about this in any sort of "official" capacity.

So far the rumors I've heard are from people who know someone who maybe works at Disney.... that kind of thing. Of course they're all said with the utmost certainty that the information is 100% reliable. 8)

There are certainly more pressing issues than building a Fort DVC.

For instance: Pleasure Island

Wonders of Life Pavillion

Journey into Imagination

Outpost area at World Showcase---it's about time for a new country to be added

The Yeti

The falling rocks at BTMRR

The Backlot Tour and surrounding area==good place for SW Land, Cars Land, or Jim Hill's Monster's Inc Coaster(LOL).

The parks need TLC and updating. I love them but they need some work.

Soarin could use an updated screen too.....HD maybe?

I know some will say that parks budgets are not related to dvc budget.....but budgets and line items in budgets can be changed from year to year based on the needs of the overall company........

How about instead of stupid Avatarland or an even more idiotic Fort DVC, just fix the things that are broken......then move on from there.

I mean, What the Fort already!

With Star Wars,Marvel,Oz, and others they could build a kick a*s fifth park even. The Poly seems a much more logical place for DVC rooms anyway.

But then I strive to make sense.....and I hope some of the exec changes they have made recently mean a more common sense approach to the Fort, the Parks, where to expand DVC, and what to do with Pleasure Island. :banghead:

Continuing on.

Bring in the wrecking ball and use it on the Carousel of Progress.

Burn down It's a small world.

Sink the Electrical Water Pageant.

Bull doze Innoventions.

Blow up the People Mover.

LOU MONIQUE MADE ME RIDE THE COP!!!!! I WAS TRAUMATIZED BY THE SONG.....

I am currently plotting revenge... are you in?

Continuing on.

Bull doze Innoventions.

These I am ok with. But dont be messing with COP and the Peoplemover. If you will leave those two alone I will help in the destruction of the others gladly.

Continuing on.

Bring in the wrecking ball and use it on the Carousel of Progress.

Bull doze Innoventions.

Blow up the People Mover.

Take 2 of these and call me in the morning...

take-a-chill-pill.jpg

Hmmm....should I have a root beer or a sarsaparilla? Decisions, Decisions....

Same kind of thing, different name.

Oh and FWIW I've seem this rumor pop up in a few places, mostly message board type stuff. I haven't seen it reported as "news" on any of the usual Disney fan sites ...yet.