The TCD Gang Runs Disney-2013 Princess Half Marathon Weekend TR

It sure seems like the run took a long time.

But, we will wrap it up with this post.

After running around the fountain, we were directed back out of the park right past the stroller rental area:

RoyalFamily5K2013206_zps7fe546ea.jpg

In case you have ever wondered what the back of the stroller rental area looks like, here you go:

RoyalFamily5K2013207_zps1595f43c.jpg

I was impressed by the massive collection of crappy sheds they have back here:

RoyalFamily5K2013208_zps8ff27982.jpg

There were two official race trucks parked back here:

RoyalFamily5K2013209_zps580de68c.jpg

And more sheds:

RoyalFamily5K2013210_zps9d04d1d4.jpg

I wonder if Joffrey's will be getting a bigger shed now that it has a deal to be the exclusive coffee provider at WDW (except for Starbucks) :

RoyalFamily5K2013211_zps1a266219.jpg

We have finally reached the Mile 3 marker:

RoyalFamily5K2013212_zpsa6804739.jpg

That third mile took us about another half an hour. We are not making any records on this run.

Finally, we reached the finish line! :

RoyalFamily5K2013213_zps01b84d49.jpg

They have stands set up here in the parking lot for spectators. As you can see, there was plenty of room:

RoyalFamily5K2013214_zpsc6353c0c.jpg

The girls with their medals:

RoyalFamily5K2013215_zpsf2b85143.jpg

They were passing out free PowerAide and water at the end:

RoyalFamily5K2013216_zpsdcc865eb.jpg

And bananas and boxes with food in them:

RoyalFamily5K2013217_zps9e8000f2.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013218_zps4dd4b6db.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013219_zps22eff924.jpg

I didn't know about the food boxes.

I was pumped to see them passing these out.

I was hoping for maybe a Bacon, Egg and Cheese biscuit or some other delicious breakfast sandwich in my box.

But, when I opened my box, this is what I found:

RoyalFamily5K2013220_zps248e1489.jpg

What the Fort?

It was a bunch of bird seed!

Fail!

See that Luna bar?

I was hungry, so I ate it. Then Twin #1 read the label. It said something about how it was specifically designed for female nutrition.

Ooops.

At least that explains why I had the urge all afternoon to watch a Lifetime movie and nag the girls.

After our bird seed feast, we headed to the bus stops.

I was amazed at the variety of buses they were using for race transportation. It seemed as if they had scrounged up every available charter bus they could.

The bus stops were set up on the edge of the parking lot:

RoyalFamily5K2013221_zps9be741b4.jpg

Even though our run was over, the people watching was not:

RoyalFamily5K2013222_zpscb52d54f.jpg

Here is a look at some of the buses they were using:

RoyalFamily5K2013223_zps7844a7dd.jpg

We got a snazzy bus:

RoyalFamily5K2013224_zps2cfb76da.jpg

Mickey and Minnie were still meeting guests after the race. The Minnie line wasn't long, so we stopped for one last meet and greet:

RoyalFamily5K2013226_zps68a8bc84.jpg

Twin #1 took a selfie:

RoyalFamily5K2013227_zps0e1e2559.jpg

I told you there were dudes in dresses, and here comes one now:

RoyalFamily5K2013228_zps29670dac.jpg

Our bus took us back to Pop via the backstage roads:

RoyalFamily5K2013229_zps42bbb57f.jpg

In case you don't want to carry a camera while you are running, they have photographers all over the place snapping photos. Here are a couple of screen caps of those photos. We got about a dozen photos each, and I could buy them for $60 each. No thanks:

5k1_zps1c374774.jpg

5K_zpsd056e5c2.jpg

It was just past 9 am when we got back to the Pop.

I really hadn't thought of how early we would be back.

We now had the whole day to do what we wanted to.

We headed back to our room and made some plans.

The race is over, but there is still a lot of trip left to report.

TCD

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

totally could have done without the visual of Creepy Claus scratching his Christmas ornaments!

TCD running, there better be some photos.

Nope, not in with the twins. I'm not doubting that TCD ran it, I just want to see photos of it for blackmail evidence.

Either that is one tall Minnie or the twins are miniature in height.

Looks like Minnie is wearing Crocs

Lou is gonna love that last one

I didn't notice how tall Minnie was, but you're right. Usually the girls are taller than Minnie.

The girls let you finish ahead of them?

Since you asked, the truth is that Twin #2 dogged me at the finish line:

5k2_zpsf6104789.jpg

5k3_zpsbdc0b1ba.jpg

Well done!

TCD

There were some more Flower and Garden show topiaries on display here:

RoyalFamily5K2013188_zps2c71f9ee.jpg

KFK- make not of that young lady's tu tu colors. Do you suppose she's an SC fan?

I also see the word "EVIL" on the sock.... maybe it's Stever Spurrier in disguise.

I would also like to take this time to note that the Everest Challenge ends with a party in Animal Kingdom open to race participants and their paying guests.... Animal Kingdom after hours sounds cool!!!!

That child will do well in life.

No doubt. Twin #2 takes care of business.

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

you just like the Twin that gives TCD the hardest time at any moment. I have always said he needs to watch Twin #2 the most

And you are right. Twin #1 is easy to read. Twin #2 not so much.

I also see the word "EVIL" on the sock.... maybe it's Stever Spurrier in disguise.

I would also like to take this time to note that the Everest Challenge ends with a party in Animal Kingdom open to race participants and their paying guests.... Animal Kingdom after hours sounds cool!!!!

LOL @ the SOS crack. I imagine the Old Ball Coach is one of the least liked people in the great state of Georgia.

AK after hours does sound cool.

We do have photos of you running. That is pretty cool. And so funny that Twin #2 passed you like that. Looks like she is going to throw you an elbow.

Never count Twin #2 out. She would throw an elbow if necessary.

TCD

We didn't really have a plan for Saturday morning or afternoon. I didn't count on us being back from the race so early.

Next time, I might bring a change of clothes with us and plan on staying at Epcot for rope drop. We could have made it easily.

But, today, we were back at the hotel, with the whole day before us.

We had a celebration dinner planned at our new favorite restaurant, but our ADR's weren't until 6:50.

So what to do?

We decided that since we hadn't been to AK in a while, we would head there.

We showered, got changed, and were on our way.

It was kind of busy there.

So, first stop was Expedition Everest for Fastpasses.

The return time gave us time to head over to Dinoland to ride Dinosaur, and then see the Nemo show, before heading back to EE.

That sounded like a plan.

So, we went to visit Mrs. Huxtable and the dude from CSI:

RoyalFamily5K2013231_zps5d26bfa2.jpg

Have you ever noticed the forumulas printed on these tubes above the track in Dinosaur?:

RoyalFamily5K2013234_zps53a2e836.jpg

Do you know what those formulas are for?

They are the formulas for ketchup, mustard, and mayo- a nod to McDonalds, which used to be the sponsor of Dinoland.

Our ride photo:

RoyalFamily5K2013235_zpscbf98edd.jpg

We scored great seats for Nemo. Center section, right behind the center aisle. We used to always try to get in the front half of the theater, close to the stage, but the seats in the back section allow you to see everything better. Some of the performance takes place in the center aisle, which is what you see here:

RoyalFamily5K2013237_zps2a80c9a3.jpg

After Nemo, it was on to EE. I took a few photos in the FP queue:

RoyalFamily5K2013238_zps8c1abf99.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013239_zps5d464ebc.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013240_zpseae62deb.jpg

I couldn't snap an illegal photo of our ride photo, because a family not from this land was parked in front of the monitor. They had some kind of strangely dressed tour guide with them who spoke to them loudly in their not-english language. They didn't move until the next group of photos flashed up, and then they proceeded to walk slowly out of the gift shop, making sure to block everyone behind them as they stopped to look at things and speak loudly in their not-english language. The dapper fellow here in the hat was the tour guide. I think he had a CM pin on, but he didn't have the usual plaid costume:

RoyalFamily5K2013241_zps14ec2850.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013242_zps7498a8d2.jpg

Since we had a big dinner planned, the plan was to have a light lunch, or maybe just a snack. The girls voted on getting some ice cream from the truck parked by the EE restrooms.

Here we are waiting in line:

RoyalFamily5K2013243_zpsbc08623c.jpg

Monkey butt:

RoyalFamily5K2013244_zps3b131922.jpg

The theming in this area is outstanding. A few of the things posted on the walls around this area:

RoyalFamily5K2013245_zps1e649633.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013246_zpscb588eea.jpg

Hey look, it's a dog on a scooter! :

RoyalFamily5K2013247_zpsb7548992.jpg

We interrupt this TR for a What The Fort moment:

RoyalFamily5K2013248_zps71bc8974.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013249_zpsc51d4113.jpg

I didn't get any ice cream.

I wanted to try the egg rolls they sell from the cart on the path to Harambe.

When we got there, we learned something that we didn't know before. The egg rolls are vegetarian. And, they don't look so good. I had already eaten all that bird seed. I didn't want any more healthy food.

To heck with that.

We went and got some Mickey Head pretzels instead.

And, then we all realized that we were tired.

We had been up since 4:30.

Rest time was in order.

It was then that I wished we were staying at the Fort. I would have loved some hammock time.

But, we had to head back to the Pop.

Have you ever seen the giant Anteater they have on the path out of AK?

He's in the center of this photo:

RoyalFamily5K2013256_zps37b57408.jpg

I would say that is the biggest anteater I've ever seen.

On the way to the bus, we spotted this lady who must have had too many drinks at lunch and decided that it was a good idea to buy a giraffe walking stick:

RoyalFamily5K2013258_zps9095b2f7.jpg

Seriously, now granny, what are you going to do with that thing when you get home?

Show it off at Bingo?

That's all I have from AK.

Next up, we will take a look around the Pop Century Resort.

TCD

TCD TR's are one of life's good things. :)

Thanks.

The trips are better than the reports.

It is good to be TCD.

So where was the race brain bleach photo? Did I miss it?

I think that photo was going to come after the race. meaning we are getting closer. and I am scared.

Jason is right.

The biggest gross-out photo of all time was not from the race.

It is from later in the day.

It will be coming up after the next update.

There is no way that you will miss it.

Although you will probably wish that you had.

It's bad.

The grossest thing I have ever seen at WDW.

TCD

See that Luna bar?

I was hungry, so I ate it. Then Twin #1 read the label. It said something about how it was specifically designed for female nutrition.

Ooops.

At least that explains why I had the urge all afternoon to watch a Lifetime movie and nag the girls.

:rofl2: Good one.

I'll let that one slide. 3 :D

LOL @ the SOS crack. I imagine the Old Ball Coach is one of the least liked people in the great state of Georgia.

and one of the most loved in SC. That is all.

Love the AK update.

HIJACK!

(awesome TR btw, I've just been busy elsewhere I haven't commented much anywhere on the site)

I noticed your daughter has ceramic braces. How are they opposed to the traditional kind? Does spaghetti turn them funky orange like clear tuperware in a dishwasher for a little while? Not that I'm suggesting your daughter gets funky teeth! I'm just not sure how else to ask if they stain easier since they're ceramic, and very light colored. Does she require a certain type of toothpaste to keep them invisible?

Does she have rubber bands around each "bracket"? (My daughter's question, in case she wants to glam it up with different colors when she isn't in the mood to go invisible)

Our 15 year old has an appointment next week. We're debating on the type.

do they cut the inside of your mouth to shreds like regular ones?

I'm not sure about the ceramic ones, but my daughter's orthodontist adamantly refuses to install(?) the ones that fit on the back of your teeth for a completely invisible look. He said the front of the mouth is bad enough, but shredding the tongue is too painful to consider for kids.

:rofl2: Good one.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually reads all my witty comments.

HIJACK!

(awesome TR btw, I've just been busy elsewhere I haven't commented much anywhere on the site)

I noticed your daughter has ceramic braces. How are they opposed to the traditional kind? Does spaghetti turn them funky orange like clear tuperware in a dishwasher for a little while? Not that I'm suggesting your daughter gets funky teeth! I'm just not sure how else to ask if they stain easier since they're ceramic, and very light colored. Does she require a certain type of toothpaste to keep them invisible?

Does she have rubber bands around each "bracket"? (My daughter's question, in case she wants to glam it up with different colors when she isn't in the mood to go invisible)

Our 15 year old has an appointment next week. We're debating on the type.

You know, I don't know.

All I know is that we were offered clear braces and that's what we got. I haven't noticed any staining- and in most photos you can barely see them.

Poor Twin #1's teeth came in really slow. Twin #2 was done with her braces before Twin #1 was ready.

Strange but true.

Twin #1 will still have her braces on when she heads off to college.

The least we could do is get her the clear ones.

TCD

We've already done 3 sets of braces, and I never knew about the ceramic ones. But whatever my girls have must be ok, because none of them have had major issues with cuts or sores.

Ready for the gross picture, Andrew.

My lips and cheeks were horrible for about a week after the initial placement. After that I don't remember any cuts. I do remember awful tension and pain every time they were adjusted. Hated it.

I'm leaning towards the ceramic ones because I think they look so much nicer but no-one I know has ceramic ones to ask the "daily wear" questions. She wants to be able to change out the colors. I think she's going to get sick to death of that silver after a while, and the colorful rubber bands will lose their charm after three months.

TCD, you see her daily, obviously. :) So if it's not noticeable then it's probably not an issue. I was just curious because they sound awesome, I was afraid there might be a lurking cosmetic issue that isn't advertised. Hope it wasn't an offensive question.

Kids are odd. They're not twins, but our son isn't losing teeth. New teeth are coming in, but the baby teeth are still firmly attached. He had "shark teeth" last month. Freaky when I looked down and saw two rows of bottom teeth. So chances are if things don't change, we'll periodically pull his baby teeth as he gets older.

Looking forward to the gross photo too.