The TCD Gang Runs Disney-2013 Princess Half Marathon Weekend TR

Hey, you should have had the girls see if the naked lady wanted to pin trade…..in the Twister photo I noted she had a lanyard on and wondered why someone with so little clothing on would bother to accessorize…….

Oh and good job getting a photo of Devores wearing those knickers! He looks quite dapper!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

totally could have done without the visual of Creepy Claus scratching his Christmas ornaments!

TCD running, there better be some photos.

Nope, not in with the twins. I'm not doubting that TCD ran it, I just want to see photos of it for blackmail evidence.

You know I allready said any photo you got of me that day did not count. You knew exactly when and where to look. But, if you would have hung out a bit longer you could have gotten a better one than my backside.

You know I allready said any photo you got of me that day did not count. You knew exactly when and where to look. But, if you would have hung out a bit longer you could have gotten a better one than my backside.

Being the good girl, I won't touch that comment. :D

The exact text:

TCD: We are here. We will probably be at MK late tomorrow night. After the fireworks. Where do thou think you'll be at 10 or 11?

ME: Hopefully inside with the characters or in the view. But I could text ya and let you know where I am around that time. But no photos. You cant win that easily....haha

TCD: OK. That would be cheating. I'll text you when we head to MK

Ah, man, SSB guessed it!

It was this:

RoyalFamily5K2013351_zpse0bd9fbd.jpg

That's fellow Fiend Devores.

In his knickers.

He has previously challenged anyone to get his photo wearing knickers.

I say a photo of him wearing knickers is better than a photo of him not.

Right?

But, I have to admit something.

I cheated to get that photo.

I had texted Dave earlier that day to see if he would be working in the MK that night.

He told me yes and where.

So, that photo doesn't count.

No bragging rights for me.

But, now you know what to look for.

That ended up being the last photo I took on Saturday. Even though the MK's hours had been extended, we were wiped after our long day and big dinner. So we headed back to the Pop.

We were going home the next day.

Which probably makes you think this report is just about over.

Not quite.

I had big plans for the morning.

Namely, a visit to the Fort.

And I found two new developments there that really SMB!

We will be heading to the Fort next.

TCD

Btw: I swear the last time we were at Ohanas, it was a drag queen entertainer.

I haven't found anyone that has seen the same.

I wonder if he/she was filling in from the luau? When we saw the show the female dancer in front of our section the whole night was 6ft tall, had an Adam's apple and hands the size of frying pans. All that aside she moved quite femininely.

Although I want to see Fort pics.....i do not want to see Fort developments that SMB......

I noticed from photos in your trip report that you already saw one of these things that SMB. Maybe you didn't notice it. But, to me it's a big deal.

The exact text:

TCD: We are here. We will probably be at MK late tomorrow night. After the fireworks. Where do thou think you'll be at 10 or 11?

ME: Hopefully inside with the characters or in the view. But I could text ya and let you know where I am around that time. But no photos. You cant win that easily....haha

TCD: OK. That would be cheating. I'll text you when we head to MK

True.

And, there were subsequent texts on Saturday night where Devores told me exactly where he was.

So, I agree- it doesn't count.

I wonder if he/she was filling in from the luau? When we saw the show the female dancer in front of our section the whole night was 6ft tall, had an Adam's apple and hands the size of frying pans. All that aside she moved quite femininely.

Wow, this "girl" sounds like a real looker. Especially the hands the size of frying pans part.

The lady in 'Ohana the night we were there was no where near six feet tall. I can't honestly say I looked at her hands, but I'm fairly certain I would have noticed hands the size of frying pans.

Fireworks view at O'Hanas and Dave in his knickers. It just doesn't get any better. :)

O'hanas is one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW. We absolutely love a late dinner so we can watch Wishes from our table. We request the same table EVERY time.

I wonder if the table you request is the table that we got?

I thought it was neat that we were seated in the same place on both visits. I think the view may have been a bit better a little further down, but it didn't look like there were any tables for three down that way.

Is there a hidden Mickey in this TCD lunch?

Nope. That's a deliberate non-hidden Mickey. Or something like that.

TCD

Let's get this back on track.

It's Sunday morning, February 24th.

It was time to squeeze in a visit to the Fort.

I've had an idea for a while of doing a walking tour of the Fort, and since I had time to do so this morning, I decided today would be the day.

The girls wanted to sleep in, so it was the perfect chance for me to sneak away and get in some Fort time.

I set the alarm for 6, took a quick shower, and was out the door by 6:20, which is where the photos begin.

I call this one "Giant Foosball Players in the Dark Before the Dawn (Looking Worried that Seniorita Underpants May Return)" :

RoyalFamily5K2013353_zps5943145b.jpg

Want to know something nice about the food service options at the value resorts?

They open early. As in 6 am.

Everything was up and running in the Pop food court when I strolled through:

RoyalFamily5K2013354_zpsa4e2f8dd.jpg

My plan this morning was to drive to the Fort. Normally, I would head out to World Drive, and head through the MK gates. But, remember, the Half Marathon was being run this morning, so traffic would be restricted that way. So, I headed to Bonnet Creek Drive and went the back way to the Fort. No problem at all. As I drove past Old Key West and Port Orleans, I noticed lots of bright lights to my left. I never realized it, but the backstage areas of Epcot are right there, and they had it all lit up for the race. It's strange how close Epcot is to the Fort. It seems a lot further than it is. It's actually pretty close.

I arrived at a dark and foggy Fort at 6:46 am. The plan for the morning was to walk around the Fort and snap some photos as the sun rose in a clear blue sky. It looked like the clear blue sky wasn't going to be cooperating with that plan today:

RoyalFamily5K2013355_zps924864c4.jpg

Our walking tour starts right here in the Fort's parking lot. This building used to be the Fort Wilderness Kennel up until a couple of years ago. Now, the kennel is closed and the building is used by the horse people. This is where you check in for the trail rides:

RoyalFamily5K2013356_zps69577e74.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013357_zpsdafdf448.jpg

This is the walkway from the old kennel building to the Outpost Bus Stop. I have always enjoyed the beautiful landscaping in this area. Today, however, you can see that all that landscaping has been removed. That is odd, it looks so bare now:

RoyalFamily5K2013359_zps3c938f77.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013360_zpseb05ace1.jpg

As anyone who has camped at the Fort can tell you, it is interesting to see the great variety of guests who enjoy the Fort. People come from all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life, yet find that despite their differences, they share a love of the Fort. I really don't think there is anyplace else like it.

To illustrate this point, check out the stickers on these two cars, which were parked just a couple of spaces from each other right outside of the reception building:

Clearly, this car belongs to a hippie:

RoyalFamily5K2013363_zps9f454f42.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013364_zpsc103823d.jpg

And this one does not:

RoyalFamily5K2013366_zps67ded595.jpg

Yet, here they both are enjoying the Fort.

The other building you see from the Fort parking lot is the building they call the Reception Outpost. This is the lobby/front desk for the resort:

RoyalFamily5K2013367_zpsa9d12bb5.jpg

The entrance to the Fort and the guard shack are over there:

RoyalFamily5K2013368_zps18aeb18a.jpg

This is where you come to check in if you're staying in a cabin, and sometimes they use this for campsite check-ins too:

RoyalFamily5K2013370_zps55a2fe9c.jpg

They use these mats all over the Fort. I love the touch:

RoyalFamily5K2013371_zps6e4facf1.jpg

This is a shot of the interior of the Reception Outpost building. I walked in the doors you see in the back of this photo, walked across the small lobby area, turned, and took the photo. The point is that this is a small area. The check in counter is to the left, just outside the area shown in this photo, and there is a small seating area and restrooms on the right. That's the whole thing:

RoyalFamily5K2013372_zps8118b519.jpg

If you ever visit this area, take a minute and look at this old poster hanging on the wall:

RoyalFamily5K2013374_zps5179bef2.jpg

A lot of guests have no idea that there used to be a real train that traveled around the campground. That was a long time ago, when it wasn't all about the bottom line. We will see some signs of the old railroad as we go on our walk today. There aren't many signs you can still see, but they are there if you look.

This is that small seating area I mentioned in my comments above:

RoyalFamily5K2013376_zps286989ff.jpg

If you wish, you can play a game of checkers here:

RoyalFamily5K2013377_zps4d160cf7.jpg

This logo of Mickey holding a musket is a rare thing to see at Fort Wilderness. This figure used to be everywhere. Not anymore. But, there is still a place that you can actually purchase something with this logo. I will show you that later on our walk:

RoyalFamily5K2013378_zpsca7fdbc5.jpg

There are a couple of rocking chairs on the porch outside, overlooking the check-in lanes:

RoyalFamily5K2013379_zpsc942c5d6.jpg

There are beautiful gardens all the way around the Reception Outpost building. Remember, these photos were taken on February 24th. You have to love winter in Florida:

RoyalFamily5K2013380_zps7878d674.jpg

These are the check-in lanes. If you are staying in a campsite, this is where you check in:

RoyalFamily5K2013381_zpsabd3c41c.jpg

But, if you arrive late in the evening or early in the morning, the check-in lanes are not staffed, so you have to go inside:

RoyalFamily5K2013382_zps23295b6d.jpg

Now, let's get on with our walk.

We are now heading away from the check in lanes and on toward the campground:

RoyalFamily5K2013383_zps9b64e731.jpg

This is where they keep the rental golf carts:

RoyalFamily5K2013384_zpsdd07c7c2.jpg

And there's the Outpost Bus Stop over there:

RoyalFamily5K2013385_zpsbd6c79c1.jpg

Here, I have turned back toward the Reception Outpost and check-in lanes. Look how they've planted beautiful flowers right here:

RoyalFamily5K2013386_zps7fdfe731.jpg

This is the Outpost golf cart parking area. You can see that there are a few carts already here. They must belong to folks who caught a ride to the marathon from here:

RoyalFamily5K2013388_zps2a38ee82.jpg

Here's a closer look at the bus stop. Make sure that you don't miss the little building on the left:

RoyalFamily5K2013389_zps82a34882.jpg

Here's a closer look at that little building. This is a left over from the railroad. A watertower used to sit next to this building, and the pumping and water treatment equipment used for that water tower was housed in this building:

RoyalFamily5K2013390_zps9a15fe2d.jpg

I'm sure most folks walk right past that little shack without even giving a thought to why it's there. Now you know.

Whoops.

We are already at the photo limit for a post, and our walk hasn't even really started yet.

We will look at a few more things in the area of the Outpost Bus Stop, and then head in to the campground in the next update.

TCD