The TCD Gang Runs Disney-2013 Princess Half Marathon Weekend TR

Now Kimmie, my dear. You remember that you and I have argued about this before. I don't mind the sign. I don't love it, but I am just ambivalent about it. However, I will say this. I like pie. So the Settlement TP sign does, indeed, SMB.

We argued? I'd better consider nutritional supplements for memory loss. Ok, I'll give a little on this, but only a little. BY COMPARISON to the original and far more superiorly themed Settlement sign, the new sign SMB. That is the best I can do. If changes are to be made they should at least be equal to or greater than what is being replaced. (and that is almost the extent of my mathematical knowledge.)

You shall have your pie. :))

Man, KFK must make a mean pie.

Pie is power.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

totally could have done without the visual of Creepy Claus scratching his Christmas ornaments!

TCD running, there better be some photos.

Nope, not in with the twins. I'm not doubting that TCD ran it, I just want to see photos of it for blackmail evidence.

If changes are to be made they should at least be equal to or greater than what is being replaced.

For someone who has been to WDW as many times as you have, your sure don't understand how Disney management works.

Here is your formula:

assuming C = Change and R = what was replaced

C ≥ R

And here is how Disney management does things:

C = SMB

Do you understand now?

We argued? I'd better consider nutritional supplements for memory loss. Ok, I'll give a little on this, but only a little. BY COMPARISON to the original and far more superiorly themed Settlement sign, the new sign SMB. That is the best I can do. If changes are to be made they should at least be equal to or greater than what is being replaced. (and that is almost the extent of my mathematical knowledge.)

You shall have your pie. :))

Pie is power.

Hey, I just remembered; today is Pi day. You know March 14? 3/14? 3.14?

For someone who has been to WDW as many times as you have, your sure don't understand how Disney management works.

Here is your formula:

C ≥ R

C = SMB

Do you understand now?

Perfectly.

Your nerd math skills rock.

What's the secret for taking a cart to the Lodge?

There are several:

1. Go at night.

2. Do not turn on your lights.

3. Make sure it's not Bob's cart (i.e, you need a fast cart).

Thank you for the map. I was pretty sure I had it visualized in my head properly, and I was right. =)

Good!

I am going to do some future walking reports that cover other areas of the Fort.

TCD

There are several:

1. Go at night.

I was gonna say disregard the rules and don't ask for forgiveness if you get caught. Just play stupid.

It apparently works for Fort free loaders, parade spot thieves, and line jumpers.

There are several:

1. Go at night.

I was gonna say disregard the rules and don't ask for forgiveness if you get caught. Just play stupid.

It apparently works for Fort free loaders, parade spot thieves, and line jumpers.

True.

I should have added another- get an 8 year old kid to drive the cart. Nobody from the Fort ever does anything about that.

TCD

Here is your formula:

C ≥ R

C = SMB

Do you understand now?

I fully understand the formula... however, I did enlarge a word and made it red so you wouldn't miss it this time. I said that is how it SHOULD work, not how it does work. Hence one of the reasons the new sign does SMB. I will even go one step further and say that whoever made that executive decision also SMB. ;D

Hey, I just remembered; today is Pi day. You know March 14? 3/14? 3.14?

Perfectly.

Your nerd math skills rock.

Thanks for the breakdown of Pi Day. I told you my math SMB and I have been trying to figure out what it meant. :))

Hee hee hee Dave has NERD math skills. :D :heart: Maybe I shouldn't laugh since I didn't even catch on to Pi Day.

TCD,

I just got to finish your trip report! Outstanding as usual! I am here sitting in the ski lodge at Mount Sunapee while my boys are skiing. Its fun to read about the warmth and sunshine you experienced, while I sit here shivering a bit!

We have stayed at the Pop three times over the years. Our first time was soon after it had opened. We were in the building directly across from where you stayed. When we came out we looked at the big Mickey phone. Back then that was NOT a preferred building. I remember a few years ago they included more buildings into the "preferred group" at all three All Stars and the Pop.

On that trip we had two experieinces that we still laugh about to this day. The first is that my eldest lost his tooth while swimming in the computer pool. Both of my boys tried to find it with their goggles (for the tooth fairy) to no avail!

The second one had some similarities to your trip. We were at the computer pool and there were three ladies that were on the opposite side of the pool as us. All three had light colored thongs on. It actually looked like they had NOTHING on their bottom at all. My boys were convinced that they actually had nothing on! After the shock wore off, we got the giggles and couldnt stop!!! However these girls were thin and in good shape, so it wasnt as gross as your pictures......but still it was strange to be there with my kids with what appeared to be three naked ladies across the way!!!

About the race. Did you have a chip or something on your sneaker to give you an accurate time from when you started the race until you finished? Back in the day, I ran in quite a few races and in the largest ones, we were always given a chip to wear.

Congrats to eldest daughter!!!

Heidi

Thanks for the breakdown of Pi Day. I told you my math SMB and I have been trying to figure out what it meant. :))

Hee hee hee Dave has NERD math skills. :D :heart: Maybe I shouldn't laugh since I didn't even catch on to Pi Day.

Mark your calender for Pi day 2015.

The math nerds are counting the days!

It will be 3/14/15, or as the nerds will say 3.1415! The one and five are what comes next for Pi! Woot!!!

TCD,

I just got to finish your trip report! Outstanding as usual! I am here sitting in the ski lodge at Mount Sunapee while my boys are skiing. Its fun to read about the warmth and sunshine you experienced, while I sit here shivering a bit!

We have stayed at the Pop three times over the years. Our first time was soon after it had opened. We were in the building directly across from where you stayed. When we came out we looked at the big Mickey phone. Back then that was NOT a preferred building. I remember a few years ago they included more buildings into the "preferred group" at all three All Stars and the Pop.

On that trip we had two experieinces that we still laugh about to this day. The first is that my eldest lost his tooth while swimming in the computer pool. Both of my boys tried to find it with their goggles (for the tooth fairy) to no avail!

The second one had some similarities to your trip. We were at the computer pool and there were three ladies that were on the opposite side of the pool as us. All three had light colored thongs on. It actually looked like they had NOTHING on their bottom at all. My boys were convinced that they actually had nothing on! After the shock wore off, we got the giggles and couldnt stop!!! However these girls were thin and in good shape, so it wasnt as gross as your pictures......but still it was strange to be there with my kids with what appeared to be three naked ladies across the way!!!

About the race. Did you have a chip or something on your sneaker to give you an accurate time from when you started the race until you finished? Back in the day, I ran in quite a few races and in the largest ones, we were always given a chip to wear.

Congrats to eldest daughter!!!

Heidi

Amazing that you are reading a report about almost 90 degree temperatures in Feburary at a ski resort!

So, thongs are a thing at the Pop? I didn't know.

There were no chips at the 5K. I really don't think anyone cares about their time there. A serious runner would not like this run. Too much goofing around.

Since you used to run, maybe you should get your crew down to WDW for a Disney race?

TCD

A walking tour of the Fort -- what a great idea! I wish I had thought of that.

It's so good because it's not "Over here with have this and over there we have that," it's so good because it's the over-here-over-there with all the great commentary along the way. Thanks, again, Andrew, for all the great, hard work.

I might have to steal this idea sometime in the future...

Awesome TR!

Congrats to your girls! That's exciting!

I'm actually a bit disappointed in your grossest picture. I still remember some dude at the bus stop in a neon green speedo, dripping wet, at tge Fort in the late 80s/early 90s. Pretty sure he wasn't from this country.

Plus, I worked at Walmart for too many years. I don't know what people are thinking when they walk out of the house.

It was a pretty gross picture, though. Some things just cant be unseen. Thanks for not posting any of the twister game.

Okay, so I'm just ticked about the lawnmower tree. That's dumb.

Too bad you won't be at the Fort on the 1st. We'll have to keep an eye out for panthers...

A walking tour of the Fort -- what a great idea! I wish I had thought of that.

It's so good because it's not "Over here with have this and over there we have that," it's so good because it's the over-here-over-there with all the great commentary along the way. Thanks, again, Andrew, for all the great, hard work.

I might have to steal this idea sometime in the future...

I would love to see a walking tour from you.

There are plenty of other places of interest around the Fort that I didn't get to on this trip.

Awesome TR!

Congrats to your girls! That's exciting!

I'm actually a bit disappointed in your grossest picture. I still remember some dude at the bus stop in a neon green speedo, dripping wet, at tge Fort in the late 80s/early 90s. Pretty sure he wasn't from this country.

Plus, I worked at Walmart for too many years. I don't know what people are thinking when they walk out of the house.

It was a pretty gross picture, though. Some things just cant be unseen. Thanks for not posting any of the twister game.

Okay, so I'm just ticked about the lawnmower tree. That's dumb.

Too bad you won't be at the Fort on the 1st. We'll have to keep an eye out for panthers...

Neon green speedo? That does sound bad.

Good luck on the 1st. Stay out of River Country- that's where the panther hangs out.

TCD

Neon green speedo? That does sound bad.

Good luck on the 1st. Stay out of River Country- that's where the panther hangs out.

TCD

It was ugly...and hairy...and wet because he obviously didn't believe in a beach towel.

River Country, huh? He must like the blue pools.