Oh boy, went to the RV show.. In love with a PUP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For what it's worth, I think all sides of the "debate" have valid points. When we first started looking for a PUP, we found we could get what we wanted new for $12-13K, we could get a slightly used on

The Flagstaff is the same as Rockwood, same factory and designs. We have the Rockwood 2317G which is the same as the Flagstaff 823D. Similar to what you are looking at. The good news is that if you buy right, you can save up to 35% off the list price. We paid $9800 for our 2013, down from $15,354. Discounts are deep now. Especially at the end of the month and they need the sales. We're pretty happy with the unit, other than the water outlet position.

Oh you know what the guy said that scared the crud out of me? Some pop ups kids can roll out of?!?!

HUH?????

When we bought our first TT, we were looking for a PUP, but we couldn't find a nice used one. The only used ones were OLD, and the new ones were the cost of a really nice used TT. So, that's what we ended up with, but we also already had a truck that would tow one.

I say if you do your research, and that's the best thing for your family, do it. There are so many variables that play into RV purchases.

Oh you know what the guy said that scared the crud out of me? Some pop ups kids can roll out of?!?!

A friend once had her dog fall out of an older popup during the night. He was asleep and just rolled out.

Boy was he ever surprised to find himself outside all of a sudden!

Luckily he wasn't a runner and just sat there a bit confused until my friend let him back in.

We were in the 200 loop when I was a kid staying in our pop up. Right when my parents woke up there bed broke and acted like a ramp and rolled my mom right out into the loop. I heard a loud bang woke up, looked over and all saw was my dads arm. Then his head poped up and my mom came running back through the door. We spent the first half of the day repairing the slide on the pop up.

If you can get the price to something that makes sense (along the lines of Curt's post) and everything else makes sense, I hope you get it! You will have a blast.

But your salesman sounds like an idiot. On the one hand he's pushy, but on the other he says something to scare you? Stupid. :rofl3:

I think it was really good that we got to find a layout that we love and now we can look for a used model or a similar different brand. The intital omg we love and want has warn off and the no way on earth are we paying $14,000 has sunk in lol

The dealer I bought from has the same unit on their web site for less http://www.stoltzfusrvs.com/inventory/213642/New-2013--Flagstaff-625D.aspx I would check with them, a little farther for you but I think a better place to deal with. Let me know if ibterested and I will contact my salesman for you.

We looked for 6 months for our pup and are so glad we waited. Got an awesome deal on a used one in the EXACT floor plan we wanted. Keep looking b/c you never know what else you might add to your want list. For us, it was 2 kings, slide out, tilt out, no shower, and then we saw one with a u shaped dinette and added that to the "must" list. But my advice is do not compromise (unless you are in a super hurry). And I mean that on features and price. I am so glad we waited and got the two kings. We almost compromised a few times but we held out and I know we found the perfect one for us (and stayed in budget). Let me know if you have any questions.

HUH?????

Apparently the tent out/bed ends on some models aren't completly attached to the wood. Some are attached by bungee cords and if your kid would roll off the mattress and up against the canvas part they could fall OUT of the pup! Adam is always in some crazy postion and nowhere near where he was when I tuck him in, so lord knows he'd find away to fall out lol!

Apparently the tent out/bed ends on some models aren't completly attached to the wood. Some are attached by bungee cords and if your kid would roll off the mattress and up against the canvas part they could fall OUT of the pup! Adam is always in some crazy postion and nowhere near where he was when I tuck him in, so lord knows he'd find away to fall out lol!

Can you say rubber baby bumpers just build a barrier with something like swim noodles

We were in the 200 loop when I was a kid staying in our pop up. Right when my parents woke up there bed broke and acted like a ramp and rolled my mom right out into the loop. I heard a loud bang woke up, looked over and all saw was my dads arm. Then his head poped up and my mom came running back through the door. We spent the first half of the day repairing the slide on the pop up.

Yeah, that's gotta SMB and be scary!!

We looked for 6 months for our pup and are so glad we waited. Got an awesome deal on a used one in the EXACT floor plan we wanted. Keep looking b/c you never know what else you might add to your want list. For us, it was 2 kings, slide out, tilt out, no shower, and then we saw one with a u shaped dinette and added that to the "must" list. But my advice is do not compromise (unless you are in a super hurry). And I mean that on features and price. I am so glad we waited and got the two kings. We almost compromised a few times but we held out and I know we found the perfect one for us (and stayed in budget). Let me know if you have any questions.

Good to know! Thanks!

We are now searching for used. Waiting will be hard but worth it!

The dealer I bought from has the same unit on their web site for less http://www.stoltzfus...staff-625D.aspx I would check with them, a little farther for you but I think a better place to deal with. Let me know if ibterested and I will contact my salesman for you.

thanks for the link, looking now. toying with the idea of going to the York RV show too, but that's a hike.

Pop ups tend to hold their value pretty well and used ones are in constant demand as entry level campers. You will probably find that the cost of a used pup in good condition will be very close to a new model. Springtime is a terrible time to buy a trailer. Prices are at their highest at the beginning of the season. If you can wait and be a little flexible with the model, you will be better off waiting for the fall and buying a new leftover model. Dealers love to cut deals on these. I have purchased 3 trailers this way and they are discounted by thousands of dollars.

Pop ups tend to hold their value pretty well and used ones are in constant demand as entry level campers. You will probably find that the cost of a used pup in good condition will be very close to a new model. Springtime is a terrible time to buy a trailer. Prices are at their highest at the beginning of the season. If you can wait and be a little flexible with the model, you will be better off waiting for the fall and buying a new leftover model. Dealers love to cut deals on these. I have purchased 3 trailers this way and they are discounted by thousands of dollars.

thanks, that's a good point. would give us all season to look a round and get a good idea on what we would/wouldn't be willing to compromise on.