Question about dining rules

DaveinTN and others' TR's have convinced me to make ADR's @ Biergarten for our next trip.

After blowing 160 bucks on dinner at Hollywood and Vine last time for our family of 4, and my super picky 10 year old ate practically nothing, I am trying to decide if it is worthwhile.

I have viewed the menu online and there is maybe one thing he might eat. He is a severe case. I am embarrassed by my poor parenting in that department, his Dad and I both enjoy a variety of foods, I cook a lot and we don't eat out that much, so not sure where it comes from. Nonetheless…..

Despite this being my own fault for allowing it to continue, I am not about to pay for him to just sit there and drink chocolate milk. I am wondering if I can just book my husband and I and our older son (who is better about eating), and asking if the younger one can sit with us while we dine.

I suspect that isn't allowed, because I am sure that would open the door for folks to abuse the buffet and feed more than one person but only pay for one. If he were a toddler, I think they might allow it, but he isn't. So my second thought would be to make the ADR, and my husband and I will take turns eating, kind of like ride swap?

Anyone know what the official rules are regarding this?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not so fast you two loosers, as usual, Allears info is incomplete and slightly off.

Great One- Will you please put a suggestion in the Disneyworld suggestion box for us poor schmuckfaces who don't have access to the wonderful CM computer information? Would it be too much trouble for

Disney Restaurant Pricing SMB.

I don't know the rules on that but I suspect you are correct that they wouldn't let you do that.

If it were me...I'd book the lunch buffet and take him. It's a bit cheaper than dinner. It would cost you $13-14, but at least you could all eat together. I would also ask if they could prepare one or two things that you know he'd eat. Fries or something?

I know that's still spending money for hardly any return...but if you think he'd enjoy the entertainment and would at least eat something, maybe it's worth while?

I don't know the rules on that but I suspect you are correct that they wouldn't let you do that.

If it were me...I'd book the lunch buffet and take him. It's a bit cheaper than dinner. It would cost you $13-14, but at least you could all eat together. I would also ask if they could prepare one or two things that you know he'd eat. Fries or something?

I know that's still spending money for hardly any return...but if you think he'd enjoy the entertainment and would at least eat something, maybe it's worth while?

That's a great tip. I had not thought about the entertainment value of it.

Sadly, this is why we have never done HDDR……couldn't see spending that much for him to eat nothing.

Do you know how much it is for dinner? I really wanted to keep it at the end of our day so I don't barf riding test track, also so I can stuff myself then roll out of the park and straight to bed. Not kidding. I will be wearing some very stretchy pants!

Sadly, this is why we have never done HDDR……couldn't see spending that much for him to eat nothing.

Do you know how much it is for dinner? I really wanted to keep it at the end of our day so I don't barf riding test track, also so I can stuff myself then roll out of the park and straight to bed. Not kidding. I will be wearing some very stretchy pants!

Don't know for sure but I think dinner for a kid is around $19? Of course for children's pricing they have to be no older than 9. I would never tell you to pass your child off as younger than he is to get a cheaper dinner price. Nope. I'd never tell you to do that.

Hahaha, honestly I don't think I've every done that anyway. It's a thought in this case though, because if he's just gonna sit there and not eat, what does it matter.

Our family really doesn't eat out much at all so I've never even been tempted to fib about either of their ages. (although I do confess to indulging in the occasional happy meal at the drive thru when I have no children in the vehicle) what? regular portions are too much for me!

We're only just beginning to explore the dining possibilities @ WDW, mostly from me reading all of the reports and reviews here on FF. The kids are getting older and it is easier to find time. Also, we haven't had any passes for a couple of years. The ones we have now are the very simple, single visit, no hopping kind, so I am really trying to make each park count and have at least some kind of plan to try to get the most out of our time.

In past years, I have always packed our day packs with snacks, sandwiches, fruit, and water bottles that we refill once there. The most we usually get while inside a park is ice cream or a soda. When a hungry kid is hitting the wall in 90 degree heat and wants food now, it is easier to find a shady spot to plop and instantly gratify said hunger, than wait in a long line, hope to get a table, only to turn out crabby kid doesn't like what you waited 20 minutes to buy. So this is somewhat new territory for me.

I will call in the morning to find out exact pricing. It sounds like this isn't as pricey as H&V was. And I only did that to get the preferred seating for Fantasmic so it really was a tough pill to swallow when I saw the bill!

AllEars is showing this info as updated February 2013...

Note that the price of this meal varies based on the time of year (peak seasons vs regular season), and even on the day of the week (weekday vs weekend). The general price ranges for this meal are as follows:

Lunch: Adult price range: $23.42-$27.68; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $12.77-$14.90

Dinner: Adult price range: $35.14-$39.40; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $17.03-$19.16

Tax is included; gratuity is not included. A standard, non-alcoholic beverage is included in this price.

http://allears.net/menu/men_ger.htm

Here's the Allears link with pricing

http://allears.net/menu/men_ger.htm

Note that the price of this meal varies based on the time of year (peak seasons vs regular season), and even on the day of the week (weekday vs weekend). The general price ranges for this meal are as follows:

Lunch: Adult price range: $23.42-$27.68; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $12.77-$14.90

Dinner: Adult price range: $35.14-$39.40; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $17.03-$19.16

Tax is included; gratuity is not included. A standard, non-alcoholic beverage is included in this price.

Yeah, you both rock with your allears links and all. But go back and check my estimates....it seems DaveEars wasn't too far off! :rofl3:

Ahh but people may have applied the age old Fort Fiends Axiom to Blame Dave. Therefor they may have assumed you were wrong.

I am glad you were close though. I honestly didn't look at the pricing just copied it over.

Thank you for all of your ears! And tips, and expertise.

That is why I came here - because I knew I'd find out what I needed without too much effort, and some smiles to boot.

Perhaps I should reconsider making it lunch, for the savings, and the smaller crowds. I can try to time the wild rides before or long after it, or build in some rest time after I inevitably overeat.

Feel free to update us oh great one. I dont mind getting more accurate info.

Too much work. Copy, paste, modify, upload, copy, paste again, by that time no one will care.

In a nut shell, lunch at $23.42 is the lowest adult price, $29.81 is the highest, and it that's until the end of the year.

Dinner is $39.41 to $41.53

Too much work. Copy, paste, modify, upload, copy, paste again, by that time no one will care.

In a nut shell, lunch at $23.42 is the lowest adult price, $29.81 is the highest, and it that's until the end of the year.

Thank you for the updated pricing anyway. I very much appreciate it. I'll have SIlvia give you a hug.

Thank you!

Why is there a range? Are there discounts of some sort?

I'll have SIlvia give you a hug.

As long as it's not one from you, but I don't hug anyway.

Peak vs. regular season vs. holidays

The prices change 6 times throughout the year.

Why? We know the answer, because they can.

I'll bet their costs for that experience don't change 6 times.

Still waiting on a blue ribbon......and a gold star.

I asked once if I could just drink beer and not pay for the buffet. They said no.

HDDR will also do "special menu" you just to let them know 24 hrs in advance and remind them when you check in. We did that a couple years ago and the chef came to the table and asked us what we wanted.