Question about dining rules

Too much work. Copy, paste, modify, upload, copy, paste again, by that time no one will care.

In a nut shell, lunch at $23.42 is the lowest adult price, $29.81 is the highest, and it that's until the end of the year.

Dinner is $39.41 to $41.53

Great One-

Will you please put a suggestion in the Disneyworld suggestion box for us poor schmuckfaces who don't have access to the wonderful CM computer information?

Would it be too much trouble for the IM's to publish restaurant prices some place that the public can access?

I mean, it's ridiculous.

I can't find out how much a meal is going to cost me before I go there?

Maybe I want to go when the price is less.

But, as far as I can see, the paying customer cannot find this information anywhere on any offiicial Disney site.

That's stupid!

TCD

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not so fast you two loosers, as usual, Allears info is incomplete and slightly off.

Great One- Will you please put a suggestion in the Disneyworld suggestion box for us poor schmuckfaces who don't have access to the wonderful CM computer information? Would it be too much trouble for

Disney Restaurant Pricing SMB.

TCD you mean you don't like knowing your dinner will cost $$$ which has a $16 range? You'd rather see the exact amount? Odd :)

I know. I'm such a whiner.

I want to take my family to Ohana.

I guess it's good enough for me that it will cost me somewhere in the range of $36.00 to 59.99 a person:

ohanaprice_zps97ab9be8.jpg

What more do I need to know?

What am I, some kind of cheapskate?

TCD

I know. I'm such a whiner.

I want to take my family to Ohana.

I guess it's good enough for me that it will cost me somewhere in the range of $36.00 to 59.99 a person:

ohanaprice_zps97ab9be8.jpg

What more do I need to know?

What am I, some kind of cheapskate?

TCD

Their answer would be "With the Dining Plan you would not have to worry about the price."

It's an extra step, but you can call to find out the exact price. I just did that with H&V for our upcoming trip because there was no way I was going to pay the high range.

I don't want to call.

Have you ever talked to the people who answer the phone (after you jump through all the hoops to get there)?

Do you have faith that they know what they are talking about?

Put it on the dad gum website!

What's the big secret?

TCD

I don't want to call.

Have you ever talked to the people who answer the phone (after you jump through all the hoops to get there)?

Do you have faith that they know what they are talking about?

Put it on the dad gum website!

What's the big secret?

TCD

I TOTALLY agree that it should be on there. You should be able to pick the date, and it tell you what it costs that day.

I TOTALLY agree that it should be on there. You should be able to pick the date, and it tell you what it costs that day.

How hard would that be?

Apparently, that information is already available to the barely trained people they have answering the phones for them at the New Jersey call center, so why can't the public see it?

With their crazy pricing scheme, it's possible that you may be visiting when a meal costs substantially more one day than it would at the same restaurant for the same meal on the very next day. Don't they think this would be important to guests?

TCD

How hard would that be?

Apparently, that information is already available to the barely trained people they have answering the phones for them at the New Jersey call center, so why can't the public see it?

With their crazy pricing scheme, it's possible that you may be visiting when a meal costs substantially more one day than it would at the same restaurant for the same meal on the very next day. Don't they think this would be important to guests?

TCD

Exactly. I don't see why they can't publish the prices, at least maybe a month out, so people can decide whether to make/keep their reservations.

And, I am with all of you on trying to get through on the phone. I HATE their phone system, and it really does depend on which CM you get. Some are very good at it, most are just there to earn their hourly wage and go on home, your vacation is the least of their concerns.

I'll drop the suggestion in the suggestion box TCD. All I have to do is find one.

The info is available to 60K plus CMs, but they don't want it out there for the general public to see for some reason.

Have comfort in knowing that you can get it from another source.

To be honest, finding/reading AllEars listings is WAY easier than navigating the Disney site - even after the most recent update (which was an improvement, btw). This is especially true if you're on a smart phone, as AllEars listings are primarily text, load super fast, and are easy to read on a mobile device.

And while it's great that Disney finally added menus to their site, they're all in PDF format and buried under a whole bunch of navigation (and still relatively slow loading pages) to get there. Again, much quicker and easier on AllEars - generally only a couple of clicks and everything displays quick and easy on your computer or mobile, zip-a-dee-doo-dah.

Ok ladies, you use your incorrect and incomplete third party info, and I'll use Mickey's site, even if it's 3 mouse clicks instead of a couple. It is actually 3 clicks.

Also, FYI, miss QOC, the menus are no longer PDFs. It's a list of the menu items with prices, and what's this thing you're calling a mobile device?

Can someone post the dates when which are considered non-peak for the restaurants that gouge during the peak times?

For you, yes.

Prices change on 4/8, 6/7, 8/18, 9/9, 11/23.

Are the peak dates the same for every restaurant?

I've looked up the buffets and the dates are the same.

I would assume it would apply to table service as well, but I'm not going to look them all up, not even for you.

Also, FYI, miss QOC, the menus are no longer PDFs. It's a list of the menu items with prices,

Ah, well that IS an improvement. Although right on cue, I just got a "oops, the server is busy" error message.

I would probably use the Disney site if I'm on my laptop. Although when I put my "web chick" hat on... the menus could still be easier to find. They're relying on people figuring out that menus are under Things To Do > All Dining. That's not exactly intuitive navigation.

The site works well if you use the search function, but they're still burying stuff too far down. I know it sounds ridiculous, but these days 3 clicks is 1-2 clicks too many for most people. I can get to the main list of menus on AllEars in 1 click. 8)

When it comes to mobile devices... the navigation still relies largely on dropdowns, the list of restaurants requires a boatload of scrolling to go through the list and find what you're looking for, and the pages still load too slowly - all of these things make it a giant PITA.

However I haven't tried getting to these new pages yet on my Droid, so I'll reserve final judgement until I do, hoping that Disney was smart enough to create a true mobile version of the site this time around that is much easier to wade through.