Our newly purchased RV earns its ears

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well we have been goingn to Disney for a couple of weeks every year for the last decade and decided it was time to experience the camp grounds. We came across this site and have been reading quite abi

Another question for you what software are you using? I have a small machine (a cameo) and was wondering if it work with that, do u have any of your files you could share?   I use a combination of sof

So.... does that mean it's now a zombie thread? 

Posted Images

We will be there June 1-12. Please feel free to stop by and chat we would love to meet some of you. We did schedule a full day of hanging out at the resort and I will post that day as it gets closer. Although we typically visit Disney for 2 weeks once a year for the last decade this will be our fist visit to the Fort. We are total noobs to the Fort and RVs. 

Keep in mind this RV is a 20 footer (looks good from 20') It is our first RV and we picked it up really cheap. Mechanically sound cosmetically meh. But we are working on it and the kids are having a blast doing it with us. I figured why wait till I was retired to buy one lets get out and make some memories with the kids now while they still enjoy mom and dad.

Here are some shutters I have been making and hanging on the house. I may try to incorporate the feel of them with the window valances by the dinette. Thoughts?

Cool!!!  I'll be there June 1-6!!  However, June 3-5, I'll be away most of each day at a training conference, but will have all day the 2nd to hang out!!  I'll be sure and find your camper to take lots of pics!!!  I have a bit of a Disney Theme going on my camper, but not as detailed.  I did good to cut out the Mickey Heads.

Could you suggest a web site on instructions on how to do the vinyl decals for the RV?  Your RV looks Fantastic!!!

We'll be there from May 26th to June 8th!!

I did not use a web site to do the decals. It was more of just figuring it out. If you are interested I would be more than happy to help you out. 

The characters were the easy part. Matching the new stripes to the old ones was the difficult part. Once I had removed the old faded stripes the uv fade was very evident. I accomplished this by taking pictures of the original stripes, photoshopping everything but the stripe out of the picture, and then adjusting the size of the stripe to the size of the actual stripe. After all that I then converted to vector for the cutter.

It sounds way more difficult in print than what it was. Maybe I will do a write up of the process and the programs I used.

If you PM me I can help with the characters etc.

Tim

Tim, I can do the computer work but where would be a good place to get the vinyl cut?  I can't imagine you have a machine that large at your home.

Yes, I purchased a machine of my own to do this work. Specifically the US Cutter MH871  good to a 30" wide by 8' cut.

I did not use a web site to do the decals. It was more of just figuring it out. If you are interested I would be more than happy to help you out. 

The characters were the easy part. Matching the new stripes to the old ones was the difficult part. Once I had removed the old faded stripes the uv fade was very evident. I accomplished this by taking pictures of the original stripes, photoshopping everything but the stripe out of the picture, and then adjusting the size of the stripe to the size of the actual stripe. After all that I then converted to vector for the cutter.

It sounds way more difficult in print than what it was. Maybe I will do a write up of the process and the programs I used.

If you PM me I can help with the characters etc.

Tim

I guess my real question is how do you get the vinyl to stick and where do you get the vinyl?

Another question for you what software are you using? I have a small machine (a cameo) and was wondering if it work with that, do u have any of your files you could share?

I use a combination of software programs. When I "acquire" the artwork from the web, scanning an image, or taking a picture of the image I clean it in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe illustrator if needed. I then run the file through Vector Magic to convert the image into a vector format the cutter uses. That file is then sent to the cutter either with Sign Blazer (yuck) of Sure Cuts Alot.

I do have files. Alot of them. PM me if you would like and I can help you out if needed. Also, if there is an image I don't have I can convert it for you. The Vector Magic is fairly expensive but it saves you from trying to trace in the Adobe programs.

As you can probably imagine you wont find alot of shops wiling to cut the vinyl for you due to copyrights etc. hence the reason I purchased my own inexpensive cutter. I am not a shop and I don't intend to sale anything. However, I am more than willing to help those who need it with the files etc.

I am not sure about the Cameo but the Cricut has been able to cut smaller vinyl stickers. So that might be an option for those of you wanting smaller stuff.

OK, so this is the dining table we have been working on. We took all of our old Disney calendars and cut the pictures out of them. then decoupaged them to the table. This is not the finished product but you can see where we are going with it. 

https://plus.google.com/photos/114249486255854888450/albums/5854492352013041457/5860418801786134562?banner=pwa

Pretty puppy. Over the last three years we have had to put down our 3 puppies. We couldn't stand being without a dog so I wanted to go the rescue route. So the puppy you see in the picture is Thor. 110 lbs of Great Pyrennese.

Unfortunately he will not be coming with us to Disney. He would have to much alone time in the RV and I am positive he would eat a couch or something. He will however go on all of our camping trips otherwise.

I love everything!  I can see us attempting some of these types of remodels once Tom retires from the army.  But, when Tom does DIY, we have to apply the Tom factor: he's so meticulous that if he thinks it will take 1 hour, it will take 4!  We love everything you've done, though!