Our newly purchased RV earns its ears

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well we have been goingn to Disney for a couple of weeks every year for the last decade and decided it was time to experience the camp grounds. We came across this site and have been reading quite abi

Another question for you what software are you using? I have a small machine (a cameo) and was wondering if it work with that, do u have any of your files you could share?   I use a combination of sof

So.... does that mean it's now a zombie thread? 

Posted Images

Tim, was it hard getting the old linoleum up? 

The flooring was mainly carpet with exception to the floor surrounding the kitchen area. Everything came up easily in our case. After tearing into this project I am amazed just how cheaply RVs are constructed. Replacing the flooring was the best thing we have done so far.  

Tim, another question about your vinyl decals.  How do you get the multiple colors for the characters?  The Mickey in the window I understand how the cutter works.  I can also see how you pieced the blue Mickey on the sides in the back together.  I don't know how you got Buzz and Think with multi colors.

What AlexWyattMommy...Annie said!

Actually it does differ from the Cricut type cutters slightly. When doing multi colors you use registration marks. Each color is then transferred with xfer tape using the registration marks to align to the next color and you layer the vinyl. Once all the layers are assembled you have a single sticker since my explanation is clear as mud here is a link to a youtube video that shows it pretty well. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI7dQbqc-9g.

If anyone wants the images I have converted to a vector format I would be glad to share, just ask. If you need a certain image again feel free to ask I would be glad to share.

I will be replacing and or repairing some of the stickers due to my awning replacement disaster which just p&*$%#@ me off today! Needless to say when replacing an awning I would recommend that you DO NOT do it by yourself! Also, do not take the arms loose and then cut the vinyl at the top of the RV loose. Yes, I had a 18' awning under full tension unwinding like a window shade and taking me off the top of an 8' ladder at the same time. Falling on a gravel driveway hurts!

Tim

What AlexWyattMommy...Annie said!

Actually it does differ from the Cricut type cutters slightly. When doing multi colors you use registration marks. Each color is then transferred with xfer tape using the registration marks to align to the next color and you layer the vinyl. Once all the layers are assembled you have a single sticker since my explanation is clear as mud here is a link to a youtube video that shows it pretty well. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI7dQbqc-9g.

If anyone wants the images I have converted to a vector format I would be glad to share, just ask. If you need a certain image again feel free to ask I would be glad to share.

I will be replacing and or repairing some of the stickers due to my awning replacement disaster which just p&*$%#@ me off today! Needless to say when replacing an awning I would recommend that you DO NOT do it by yourself! Also, do not take the arms loose and then cut the vinyl at the top of the RV loose. Yes, I had a 18' awning under full tension unwinding like a window shade and taking me off the top of an 8' ladder at the same time. Falling on a gravel driveway hurts!

Tim

That sounds bad. But since your ok sounds like it would be a great you tube video.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well with only 14 days to go the stickers are as far as I am going to take them (short of some missing colors on a couple of the characters) so I can finish up some of the other items on the punch list. We just broke the drivers side windshield o that needs to be repaired also before we leave. To those of you who willbe there between June 1 and 12 stop by and say hi, we shouldnt be to hard to find!

IMG_20130514_164851.jpg

IMG_20130514_164402.jpg

IMG_20130514_164808.jpg

IMG_20130514_164824.jpg