Packing Water Bottles Inside WDW

We will freeze a couple of bottles of water also and wrap them in towells, helps keep the others cold and still have water late in the day as they thaw, the towells just help keep your soft side cooler from getting soaked. We also use the things you wrap around your neck to cool you down and keep them close to the frozen bottles I think they are called cool collars, my MIL made ours but I think they can be found at sporting good stores and sometimes at craft fairs.

We bring one bottle for each participant in a backpack.  Then refill the bottle whenever we get a chance.  We write the person's initial on the top of the bottle cap to keep from getting cooties.  We bring in the really small water bottles, 12 oz I think, and refill them often.

No. You will be stopped. You have to push it not pull it. We had a beach bag on wheels that we tried but we usually pull it. Cast member stopped us and said it had to be pushed or put in a locker. Depending on the age of your kids a small umbrella stoller might work. We used one until mine were 10. I do have a son with CP and he gets spasms pretty bad after walking for long periods so we had it for two reasons. Back up for him and for a place to stow the extras. I didn't have a problem parking at one of the attractions in each land After a few rides we would go back and get it and move it to the next spot. I attach a balloon to it for easy recognition, Dollar Tree on the way to WDW. Water bottles, snacks and sweat shirts for later.

What Loretta said - nothing you pull behind you, which includes wagons, rolling coolers, luggage, etc.

I've heard it's a safety thing since 1) you're not aware of what's going on behind you to be mindful of where it is and 2) in a crowd, people behind you could trip over it, not realizing you have an "appendage" back there.  8)

What Loretta said - nothing you pull behind you, which includes wagons, rolling coolers, luggage, etc.

I've heard it's a safety thing since 1) you're not aware of what's going on behind you to be mindful of where it is and 2) in a crowd, people behind you could trip over it, not realizing you have an "appendage" back there.  8)

As with many WDW policies, this one is not uniformly enforced.  Lately, I have seen a lot of people pulling along those backpacks with wheels.  I guess they have them on their backs when they come in the park, and then extend the handle and wheel them away as soon as they get past the turnstiles.  And, yes, they are a tripping hazard.  But, nobody cares about anyone else anymore.

TCD

As with many WDW policies, this one is not uniformly enforced.  Lately, I have seen a lot of people pulling along those backpacks with wheels.  I guess they have them on their backs when they come in the park, and then extend the handle and wheel them away as soon as they get past the turnstiles.  And, yes, they are a tripping hazard.  But, nobody cares about anyone else anymore.

TCD

Very true, TCD.  I almost took a header over some woman pulling a suitcase behind her last year (carry on size).  I had no idea it was there (since I generally don't walk around WDW staring at my feet) and she was completely clueless that it might be in anyone's way.

I'd be willing to bet they were told they had to carry it or park it in a locker, and then just walked in, extended the handle and rolled away.  :(

Also keep in mind that anything you bring in with you will be subject to bag check, which means you'll have to open up any bags/coolers, and if you've packed a bunch of stuff in/under a stroller, you may be asked to unpack it for inspection.

My brother made the mistake of putting so much stuff in/under their stroller that it was a major production just to get it through bag check. 

Also keep in mind that anything you bring in with you will be subject to bag check, which means you'll have to open up any bags/coolers, and if you've packed a bunch of stuff in/under a stroller, you may be asked to unpack it for inspection.

My brother made the mistake of putting so much stuff in/under their stroller that it was a major production just to get it through bag check. 

Your brother must go to WDW a lot.  And he's always ahead of me in the bag check line. Tell him I said thanks a lot.

And if it's not him, it's a guy not from this land who tries to walk through with his fanny pack, and then has to be stopped, remove it, and open it for the rent-a-cop.

Good times.

TCD

Your brother must go to WDW a lot.  And he's always ahead of me in the bag check line. Tell him I said thanks a lot.

And if it's not him, it's a guy not from this land who tries to walk through with his fanny pack, and then has to be stopped, remove it, and open it for the rent-a-cop.

Good times.

TCD

Nope that was me last Thanksgiving. :) Well not the fanny pack part.

Vodka looks remarkably like water in a bottle. Come to think of it, scotch looks a lot like apple juice. Remind me next time we visit the parks to bring along some Mott's juice bottles.

FIL may or may not have brought water bottle filled with vodka on a June trip and put it into one of the two cup holders on our stroller next to MIL bottle of water. MIL was very hot & thirsty and took very big drink out of wrong bottle. FIL was in the dog house for at least 2 days. Not for vodka but for laughing for the next 20-30 minutes.

I may or may not have laughed out loud in the library when I read that.

FIL may or may not have brought water bottle filled with vodka on a June trip and put it into one of the two cup holders on our stroller next to MIL bottle of water. MIL was very hot & thirsty and took very big drink out of wrong bottle. FIL was in the dog house for at least 2 days. Not for vodka but for laughing for the next 20-30 minutes.

:rofl2: