Zebras removed from Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom

From WDW News Today...

As big of a deal as Disney made about the new finale including Zebras on Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom, the Zebras were quietly removed from the attraction recently. Disney has sited “acclimation” issues for the animals, deciding that thew new home just wasn’t working out. Some insider reports claim that the zebras were troublesome and would constantly block the vehicle path or bite each-other and attack vehicles filled with guests. Whatever the reason, they were removed and will be replaced with Addax:

For photo/videos...

http://wdwnt.com/zebras-removed-permanently-after-4-months-from-kilimanjaro-safaris/

Fossil Rim Animal Park in Glen Rose, Texas is a drive through park. You buy a bag of kibble and feed the animals along the way. The zebras are quite aggressive and I try not to slow down for them. I learned the hard way when one of them put his head in the window and tried to get the kibble off the console. It was next to impossible to get him to back up. They love to chew on rear view mirrors.

When the safari first opened in 98 there were zebras out there and they had to remove them for similar reasons (agression), although they were more mixed in with the rest of the animals back then. I guess they were hoping if they had a private habitat it would work, but I guess not.

Wow, they were troublesome?  i guess that decision was pretty black and white.

I have no words.

Do they still have zebras over at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing any last time I was there.

I heard that it's only the Zebras with the white stripes that are troublesome. The ones with black stripes are fine.

They were there on our November trip and gone 2 weeks ago on our spring break trip. I asked the driver several times what happened to them and he kept giving me the run around. They really have ruined that ride.

I agreee.  The original version was better than the zebras, and now they don't even have the zebras.

I dislike how the drivers are now trying to be funny, like Jungle Cruise skippers.  That isn't what this attraction is supposed to be.  What a mess they made.

I heard that it's only the Zebras with the white stripes that are troublesome. The ones with black stripes are fine.

Every once in a while, you come up with a good one.

This is one of those times.

TCD

We rode it last week, and I don't recall any jokes at all. She did do the act about the bridge falling. Maybe the jokes have been removed?

No jokes on our ride a few days ago but the bridge did wobble and we had to cross our fingers.

I last rode right after they put the zebras in.

It may have just been our driver.  He thought he was a real comedian.  Stuff like hoping nobody was named Elleen when we passed over the crocs, and something about the elephant packing his trunk for a trip.  Really lame.  It detracted from the whole ride.

The zebras where underwhelming anyway.  When we went, they all were just huddled together staring at the truck.

They never should have taken out the poachers and fake elephants.

TCD

They never should have taken out the poachers and fake elephants.

TCD

I loved the poachers story. The African accents over the radio helped give the whole ride a real safari feel even if there was a fake elephant.

All the other rides have this type of forced storyline. Why not keep it? I was so happy they at least kept the Swahili song.

I loved the poachers story. The African accents over the radio helped give the whole ride a real safari feel even if there was a fake elephant.

All the other rides have this type of forced storyline. Why not keep it? I was so happy they at least kept the Swahili song.

I agree.   I thought it was well done.  The ride needs something like this in case there aren't a lot of animals to see, which is frequently the case.  Plus, there was a good lesson in the story.

Dang it, we never got to see the zebras on the safari.

You didn't miss anything.  Just picture 20 zebras standing still and looking at you.  That's all you missed.

TCD