Reasons to celebrate…. GaDawgFan’s Spring Break Trip Report

I hadn’t planned to start this report until tomorrow, but we’ve still got a couple of hours in the car, and I’ve run out of ways to entertain myself, so here we go!

On the trip is my dad (AKA Pop Pop), my Husband, my son who turns 4 on day 2, and me. I was especially excited about this trip for a few reasons. First, my dad parents always took us to Disney as kids, and I lived near Disney with my mom as a kid, but my dad hadn’t been to Disney for 18 years. Also, we had lots to celebrate on this trip: Z turned 4, Easter, and Jason and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. Good times!

The plan for this trip was lots of Fort time with a little park time mixed in. We were at the Fort for Spring Break last year (my first time as an adult), and we realized that we missed a lot of what it had to offer because we spent so much time in the parks. We decided we’d do a full day at MK and HS and that Jason and I would go to Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival as a date night.

I covered the trip down in my live report. We hit some traffic, but made it to the KOA in Wildwood that night. The next morning we had a short trip until we saw this….

IMG_0958.jpg

Then this….

IMG_0959.jpg

And then my favorite sign in all of Disney World!

IMG_0961.jpg

Our site wasn’t ready because we arrived so early, so we parked in the overflow lot to wait. Z needed to release some energy, so we went down to the playground at the Settlement.

IMG_0963.jpg

We got a text with our site number, so we headed back to the RV. My dad, Z, and I hit the pool while Jason set up the campsite.

IMG_3075.jpg

Pop Pop liked the slide!

IMG_3078.jpg

Our friends from South Florida were meeting us for the weekend to hang out and celebrate Z’s birthday. They were laughing that we got into the pool when it was cool outside. It was pretty chilly, but tell that to a little kid. We headed down to the Settlement for dinner. You know what we’re getting…. A GAG!

We asked for all white meat and were once again given 10 breasts. That’s A LOT of food- 2 buckets of chicken!

638F52C3-2083-46BF-8F83-875145113E65-639

YUM!

IMG_0971.jpg

After that, we headed to the campfire area. We were really tired from the trip, so Z got a quick hug, made a smore, and we headed out.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

Tomorrow was Z’s birthday! And he was going to get a very special birthday present from a Fiend.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was sweet he got the picture.   It will be nice to have when he's 18 and asks you if you ever dropped him on his head.   You can tell him "No, but there was this time we walked you to the top of th

I guess I'm going to have to figure out this multi-quote thing.

First?

Love the campfire pics!

I am in.

You are first! Congrats!

Great way to fill the rest of the ride home, great pictures!!!!!

Glad you like them! A lot of these are repeats from the live trip report, but there are new ones coming for sure.

I am so in.

My Dad is a Pop Pop to my kids too. :)

Thanks for joining! Z loves his Pop Pop. He actually lives with us, so they spend a lot of time together. Having him on this trip made it extra special for sure.

Yeah! I'm in!

Whoooo Hoooooooooooo!

I'm in...   Wow.. A birthday surprise !   Can't wait...

A SPECIAL birthday surprise, organized by none other than TCD and Devores.

I'm here too!

Glad to have you on board!

Great start!

Y'all had a great first day- playground, pool, GAG, campfire.  All in one afternoon/evening!

Looking forward to the rest!

TCD

It was a great first day for sure!

10 Breasts!  That is some kinda special right there. 

I'm not sure what to say to that. LOL.

The next morning was Z’s birthday. I woke up to some Disney/Fiend magic on my phone. For those of you who don’t know, my son has (a probably unhealthy) love for Ariel. He wants to marry her. With her tail. He shares this with people frequently. If I were Prince Eric, I’d be watching my back. Anyway, TCD was aware of his love, so he got me in touch with Devores. It turns out that Devores and Ariel work together quite a bit. Dave was willing to set up something special for Z if he could. This is what I had on my phone. (Let’s hope it works since I’ve never linked a video before)

th_IMG_0982.jpg

Yep, that’s Ariel. With her tail! The volume is kind of low, so if you can’t hear, she says, “Happy 4th birthday Zachary! I hope you have a fantastic birthday!”

Z was amazed, excited, over the moon!!!!!!!!!! I’m pretty sure he played that video 100 times before lunch. I thought I would never get my phone back.

We decided to cook a big breakfast. Obligatory bacon shot!

IMG_0985.jpg

While we cooked Pop Pop took Z to the Meadows Trading Post to get a newspaper. He heard that Goofy would call you and sing you Happy Birthday there.

When they came back, Z had this.

IMG_0988.jpg

He was also excited because Ariel had let Goofy know it was his birthday, and Goofy sang to him. That Ariel is good. Maybe she can be my daughter-in-law someday.

After breakfast we did some relaxing. As an anniversary present, I bought Jason and I a hammock with a stand. I was considering one without, but we can use this one at home. It’s a space-saving stand that goes in a travel bag. I know we’ll get a lot of use out of it.

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

Up next, we get to see Lou and Buddy again, the men take the boys fishing, and the women run a secret mission to the Meadows Trading Post for the bunny.

That was the best update ever!

Props to Devores for getting Ariel to send a video.  Awesome!  I take no credit for that, Dave made it happen.

And Z had a lollipop for breakfast!

And Bacon.

And hammock time.

The only thing that would make this post better is if y'all would have been wearing orange and blue instead of that ugly red and black.

TCD

That was the best update ever!

Props to Devores for getting Ariel to send a video.  Awesome!  I take no credit for that, Dave made it happen.

And Z had a lollipop for breakfast!

And Bacon.

And hammock time.

The only thing that would make this post better is if y'all would have been wearing orange and blue instead of that ugly red and black.

TCD

You do get credit because it wouldn't have happened without you talking to Dave in the first place. You inspired that hammock. Aren't you proud? And I hate to tell you, but heaven is red and black.

I'm in.  Great start!

Yay! And thanks!

That was a super special 4th birthday morning.  Fiends are the best.  I wish I could have seen Z's face.

Fiends are the best. The Ariel video was better than any gift he got. His face was priceless. And then the part about her telling Goofy. As Lou would say, it was a magical morning. :rofl2:

Kelly, were you able to save the message from Ariel?

Wait a second, I thought you don't read trip reports?!?! I was able to save the video, and on my computer, it plays when I click the picture, but I guess not for you guys. Hopefully someone can tell me how to post a video.

That is awesome!

Good job Dave, TCD, Ariel, Goofy, Pop-Pop, Kelly, etc!!!

What a great surprise for Z!

Looking forward to more.

For the record red and black go together quite nicely.

I may or may not have worn those colors for several teams another lifetime ago.

I'm glad you agree on the red and black! I even cheered for Michigan. Don't tell TCD.

Our next mission was for the boys to go fishing while the moms went on an Easter mission.

I brought almost everything for Z’s basket, but I forgot the actual basket. Plus, last year they had some really cute Disney/Easter goodies. After experiencing the candy scramble last year, I knew I wanted very little candy. This year there wasn’t as good of a selection. It could have been because it was the day before Easter. Anyway, you could buy a basket, grass, and they would arrange everything and shrink wrap it for $8. That’s not too bad. They were even willing to let us bring the outside stuff we brought in and include it. This is how Z’s basket turned out.

IMG_1102.jpg

I think they did a good job. And he liked it.

While we did that, the men took the boys fishing.

We spied a little from across the way.

IMG_0998.jpg

And then we joined them.

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

That was fun for awhile, but then Z decided that catching tadpoles was way more fun.

IMG_0999.jpg

Once the kids were sufficiently muddy, we decided to go back to the RV, get changed, and go to the pool.

While we were getting ready, we had visitors! Lou, his wife, and Buddy came by. Jason was jealous of Lou’s hat. Little did he know, I had one on order for him.

After visiting with Lou, we took the boys to the pool. Z and his friend are on the small side, and there was a boy bullying them in the kiddie pool. And he was wearing Nemo water wings. What kind of bully wears Nemo water wings? We armed them with water guns to fight back.

IMG_3089.jpg

It worked. Guess Nemo wasn’t so tough after all. Next they went to the splash park and had a blast there.

IMG_3091.jpg

Then it was time to head to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ to really celebrate Z’s birthday.