Reasons to celebrate…. GaDawgFan’s Spring Break Trip Report

That's not a parenting fail. A parenting fail is letting their 4 year old who doesn't know how to swim, near the deep end of the pool, near their jokester friend who like to push people in. Let's just say I sank like a rock.

Thanks for making me feel better! Ha ha ha!

It was sweet he got the picture.

It will be nice to have when he's 18 and asks you if you ever dropped him on his head.

You can tell him "No, but there was this time we walked you to the top of the Fort slide, pushed you down it while you were kicking and screaming, and wished you the best of luck."

Who cares if it didn't actually happen that way? 

That's a funny idea. I don't know if we'll make a story up about it, but the picture alone is great. Son, we swear we weren't trying to drown you. LOL

I like Aaron's storytelling.  But wait a bit before you start telling it or he will 'remember' it that way when he is older.

Great updates while I was gone.

Thanks and you're probably right about waiting to embellish.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was sweet he got the picture.   It will be nice to have when he's 18 and asks you if you ever dropped him on his head.   You can tell him "No, but there was this time we walked you to the top of th

It would be a parenting fail if you guys were sitting in lounge chairs enjoying Mudslides while that was going on. This was just a fun day at the pool that probably cleared his sinuses out. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Good point. I save the mudslides for the splash park.

Let’s get our MK day started! It’s a day that started out bad, ended up great, and we experienced countless firsts, including seeing a certain attraction with the lights on.

We’re a RD family. Since we only get to visit during busy times, the trade-off of getting up early is worth it to us. During Spring Break, the MK opens at 7 AM every day for EMH. That means an EARLY start, but it also means we have the park to almost to ourselves for about 2 hours. Or at least that was the plan.

I never depend on Disney transportation because I’m a little OCD and don’t trust it. (Are you proud, Lou?) But this time we had the scooter and a stroller. Oh wait! I forgot about the scooter. Jason is having knee surgery in early May, so I rented him a scooter for our few park days. He was not happy about it. (But later admitted it was good he had it.)

I’m not allowed to post pictures on FB of the scooter, but he said it’s OK here. (Does he know this part of the forum is public?)

IMG_1174.jpg

So long story short, we got to the boat at 6:15, and there was fog. No boats came. People were confused. It was almost 7 before a boat came and then told us that they couldn’t go anywhere because of the fog. Awesome. He said we could wait until the fog lifted, but he didn’t know when that would be, or we could take the bus, but he didn’t know exactly the status of that either. We decided to just drive. By the time we loaded the stroller and scooter on the back of the Jeep, drove there, parked, and got to the gate, it was almost 8. We did go through the gate before the folk not staying on property.

At this point, I was pretty pissed. I’m a planner, and we just lost our most valuable hour. I should have taken a picture of the castle when we got in, but I didn’t. It was so foggy, you couldn’t see the top.

My blood pressure started to go down once we were near the castle. I had estimated that ETwB could take us 40 minutes, so I just scratchedd doing that and moved on. Can you guess what our next stop was?

If you guessed we’re going under the sea, you’re right!

IMG_1181.jpg

And after that…. No surprise… Ariel’s Grotto!

Z brought an Ariel cookie to show her. And he confessed his love.

IMG_7777.jpg

IMG_7776.jpg

She seemed into the idea of marrying him, so Prince Eric better watch out.

We rode Peter Pan with FPs, and then it was time for what Z had been talking about for weeks. The Choo-Choo train roller coaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (AKA BTMRR)

On the way, we thought about peeing with Rapunzel, but didn’t.

IMG_1184.jpg

We arrived at BTMRR. Jason was looking at me like I was crazy for letting him ride. I mean, it’s not like his head would go under water this time. Z was sooooooo excited. We had to go in the ECV entrance, and low and behold, you are either in the first or second car as a result. Well I thought the first row for Z and I would make a better first ride, so that’s where we sat.

He LOOOOOOOOVED it.

He was laughing the whole time. People were shocked when he got off and were high-fiving him.

My thrill seeker.

IMG_1192.jpg

And yes, I used cowboy boots to make him 41 inches vs. 40.1 inches. Being turned away was not an option.

We considered riding Splash at this point because neither Jason and Z had never ridden it, but it was still pretty chilly, so we didn’t.

Instead we discovered a “whole new world.”

IMG_7778.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg

Then, we were onto Pirates of the Caribbean. I’m not sure what it is, but I LOVE that ride, always have. I didn’t see the mermaid effect, so that was obviously money well spent.

We grabbed a few of these for the walk to Tomorrow Land.

IMG_1187.jpg

We got FPs for Buzz and then went over to Space. Instead of letting us in the ECV line, they issued us a return time. We were fine with that, but I’d never heard of that during my research.

Next we did a first… The Monsters Laugh Floor. We really enjoyed it. It’s obviously not a major attraction, but it’s entertaining.

Then we rode the People Mover, or whatever it’s called now.

IMG_1189.jpg

I’ve done that a million times, but I’ve never seen this while riding.

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

Space with the lights on!

Of course, that’s bitter sweet when you’re planning to return there soon.

We rode Buzz, and I kicked everyone in the family’s booty.

At that point, we weren’t holding any FPs except Space, and that was broken down, so it was good for any time that day. The crowds had gotten crazy, so we decided to head out for a break.

On the way out, I grabbed a FP for the princesses because it was several hours out. I can’t help that Z loves the ladies. He wanted to meet Rapunzel.

We hopped the boat to the Fort for some rest. We would be returning to the MK later for a dinner at the hardest to book restaurant on DW property. And there was a certain Fiend challenge that Jason had to tackle.

Your little boy looks so precious riding his cute little red scooter. And the basket in front is so adorable. Oh wait a minute, that's not Z, it's your hubby.

I thought the photo you posted didn't do it justice, so I blew it up......a lot.

I bet when he sees this he won't ever tell you it's ok to post a photo of him on FF.Net.

IMG_1174_zps42f51ef7.jpg

After napping, it was time to head back to the MK. We arrived and got to witness another first…. The flag ceremony.

197a0ae4-2840-4e77-b872-02245286533c.jpg

I love that my boy knows the Pledge of Allegiance.

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

After the flag ceremony, it was time to cash in our Princess FPs. Yep, Z was cheating on Ariel again. He really wanted to meet Rapunzel because she has long, blonde hair. While Ariel is his first love, he thinks that after marrying her, he’ll marry Rapunzel too. I guess I better start looking for property in Utah.

In order to meet Rapunzel, we were also forced to meet Aurora and Cinderella.

Actually, Z was good with Cindy, but didn’t care for Sleeping Beauty.

I’m not going to say much about this picture.

IMG_7796-1.jpg

Meeting his mistress

IMG_7801-1.jpg

I was able to get her attention behind Z’s back and point to my wedding ring. She caught on and said….

I’ve heard

IMG_7809-1.jpg

You want to marry me.

IMG_7811.jpg

Priceless. Then we were onto Cinderella.

IMG_7837.jpg

After that, we had dinner ressies. 

IMG_1207.jpg

There were a lot of people waiting for a table, so I thought it would be awhile. We were seated in less than 10 mins though.

Next up is much pood forn and a successful Fiend challenge.

Z hitting on the ladies.

Your DH on a scooter.

Space Mountain with the lights on.

The last update was epic!

It was. And Lou helped with a huge version. I should frame that for Jason. 

That was the best photo yet.

He's so shocked, and the picture captured it perfectly! 

Your little boy looks so precious riding his cute little red scooter. And the basket in front is so adorable. Oh wait a minute, that's not Z, it's your hubby.

I thought the photo you posted didn't do it justice, so I blew it up......a lot.

I bet when he sees this he won't ever tell you it's ok to post a photo of him on FF.Net.

IMG_1174_zps42f51ef7.jpg

Hey, I was gonna blow up that picture. Jason looks like a kid in a candy store!

Great report so far Kelly! I remember feeling so bad for you on our way home this day, but it looks like you made the best of it.

Let’s finally finish Tuesday. I know this has been discussed before, but the theming of Be Our Guest is just amazing.

IMG_7845.jpg

Zachary got to carry a candelabra to our table, nice touch. We were sat in the Rose Gallery which is usually just for lunch. I thought it was perfect for us. I was worried that Z would be scared of the thunder in the West Wing, and it was quieter than the main dining room.

Here’s a bad picture of the beast visiting our dining room.

IMG_1224-1.jpg

Dinner started with rolls and salted butter. I love salt, so salted butter definitely does not SMB.

IMG_1212.jpg

I ordered the shrimp and scallop dish. It was really good

IMG_1214.jpg

Jason ordered the pork chop.

IMG_1215-1.jpg

My dad ordered the Cornish hen.

IMG_1216.jpg

Z had the Mickey meatloaf. I know there has been a lot of talk about the kid’s menu. We’re lucky in that Z loves fruit and most veggies, so he really enjoyed his meal. There was a lot more broccoli than this picture shows. Weird.

IMG_1213-1.jpg

All of us really enjoyed our meals.

TCD created the Grande Slam challenge. I know one person as done it, any more? Well, I mentioned it to Jason, and he decided that he was up for the job. It would be expensive, but I figured he deserved it for consenting to the scooter. So while I sipped wine, Jason drank these!

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218-1.jpg

IMG_1223-1.jpg

Imagine his surprise when finding out that the last one is a 9% beer.

IMG_1230-1.jpg

He finished though. He’s happy in that picture, huh?

bfc304ab-c99c-43da-a05e-9f03946534bd.jpg

So that’s a Grade Slam. According to our waiter, the BOG menu will be updated soon, and the new menu will have 7 beers. Uh Oh.

For dessert, we split a chocolate cupcake. It was delish.

IMG_1227-1.jpg

And they brought us 2 plates of the grey stuff, one for our anniversary and one for Z’s birthday. The grey stuff is yummy.

IMG_1228-1.jpg

IMG_1225-1.jpg

The rose in the West Wing when we were exploring.

IMG_1220-1.jpg

We took pictures with the beast, but we just used the photopass, so I don’t have those yet. Z was REALLY excited about meeting him, and the interaction was great, especially considering the size of the beast.

IMG_1240-1.jpg

IMG_1235-1.jpg

He likes having his picture taken.

IMG_7839.jpg

I would definitely recommend dinner at BOG. The food is good and not too crazy expensive, and the atmosphere and experience are top notch.

We decided to do the 2nd MSEP. That would give us some time and shorter lines to ride some of what we had missed that  morning.

I messed up and forgot to FP Barnstormer and Dumbo on that way to dinner. I did that after. That gave us time to see Mickey’s Philarmagic and FINALLY ride Space, which had been up and down that day.

Then it was time for Dumbo. I’m not sure I’ve ever ridden Dumbo at night before. It was cool, especially in the new Storybook Circus area.

IMG_1256.jpg

We watched Wishes from the bridge connecting Tomorrow Land to the hub. It wasn’t a bad spot. Then, we let the crowd die down and got a place on the hub for Dave’s favorite parade. I’ll admit it Dave, the music does SMB. But I still like the parade.

IMG_1250-2.jpg

IMG_1248-2.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

After that, it was about midnight and time to catch the boat to the Fort. It had been a long day. Luckily, Wednesday was not a park day, so we’d have some time to rest.  

Great update.  That poor little chicken wanna be.  It looks so sad tipped over to one side.  Speaking of tipped, your hubby looks pretty happy.

A little sad that we changed our July trip back to June and missed the 180 days for BOG.

I agree the photo of Z with Rapunzel is priceless.

It really is. Cracks me up every time I see it.

Great update.  That poor little chicken wanna be.  It looks so sad tipped over to one side.  Speaking of tipped, your hubby looks pretty happy.

A little sad that we changed our July trip back to June and missed the 180 days for BOG.

LOL, he was pretty tipsy after that last beer.

I just gotta know!!!!

What did your grey stuff taste like? ???

It tastes like cookies and cream. It's really good.

Loving your report!

Glad you are! Thanks for reading!

Hey, I was gonna blow up that picture. Jason looks like a kid in a candy store!

Great report so far Kelly! I remember feeling so bad for you on our way home this day, but it looks like you made the best of it.

We had a great day. And Jason looks so excited there because he was mastering the art of driving on 2 wheels. LOL

And they brought us 2 plates of the grey stuff, one for our anniversary and one for Z’s birthday. The grey stuff is yummy.

IMG_1228-1.jpg

No...the grey stuff is not "yummy"...it's delicious! 

For crying out loud, all you have to do is ask the dishes. 

And how come Jason has a huge grin on his face after dinner?  :rofl3:  He probaby walked out of the restaurant and thought he was at Epcot.  Did he get a ticket for SWI?  Scooting While Intoxicated?