Eat Your Heart Out Marty McFly......AC's 1978-1989 Trip Back in Time (updates that go back to 1975 commenced on 3-12-15 )

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's head to the ole fashioned swimmin hole, shall we?   We start out with a classic Disney relic of the past:       I should stop right here and pick it up later.   Those pics deserve their own up

He's moving even slower than brown paint guy ...

And here we go:                       Do you remember this character experience?     Moving on in Future World:                         Was that a Commodore 64?   How about robot

I think the first way was right and that is the maintenance track.

I found this one online that looks like it is from the same general direction.

Could my dad's picture be taken from Star Jets or the people mover maybe?

CRmonorailimages_zps191cfdad.jpg

Or the skyway?

Never mind ... duh ... I figured out my question didn't make sense.

I think you're right Aaron.  The photo makes sense if it was taken from inside the MK.

There certainly are no tracks in front of the Contemporary now:

contemporary2_zps0eb6e27d.jpg

This is your original photo:

contemporary_zps93a6f0d5.jpg

And this is the same image flipped:

contemporary1_zps0ec05df5.jpg

Gwen- I thought your question was a good one.

Anyway, I don't think I'm ever going to figure it out-so I'm going to move on to those Poly photos!

TCD

Is is possible the picture was not taken from the monorail, but maybe was taken from the MK train as it passed through Tomorrowland?  And what you are seeing is the track along the lagoon coming from the MK, which loops around and into the CR?

Nevermind...sounds like Aaron is on the same train of thought as me. 

Whether is was on the skyway, the train or another attraction, I do think that pic was taken in Tomorrowland. 

E6615D52-56A7-4A34-BAB9-752C2518182B-362

406DECEE-C574-449E-82F7-10855EF98978-362

Next up.......I feel like looping back around to the Contemporary for a bit prior to our first stop at the Magic Kingdom.

couple things....

First, I love that you have a pic of the room with that map that used to decorate all of them.  Those things are incredible.  You see them for sale now and then, but most were simply discarded when the rooms were remodeled.  A crime. 

Secondly....LOVE LIVE THE EWP!!!!

The more I look at the pic of the CR, the more I think it was taken from the train.  It appears to be near ground level, and could have been taken from the location right after it comes out from behind Space Mtn.  There is water there to the left of the train. 

Wow!

We were thinking the same exact things!

Scary.

Made sense to me.  Is that bad?

Is is possible the picture was not taken from the monorail, but maybe was taken from the MK train as it passed through Tomorrowland?  And what you are seeing is the track along the lagoon coming from the MK, which loops around and into the CR?

Yup.

Great Poly pics!

Thanks!

I think you're right Aaron.  The photo makes sense if it was taken from inside the MK.

There certainly are no tracks in front of the Contemporary now:

contemporary2_zps0eb6e27d.jpg

This is your original photo:

And this is the same image flipped:

contemporary1_zps0ec05df5.jpg

Gwen- I thought your question was a good one.

Anyway, I don't think I'm ever going to figure it out-so I'm going to move on to those Poly photos!

TCD

Nevermind...sounds like Aaron is on the same train of thought as me. 

Whether is was on the skyway, the train or another attraction, I do think that pic was taken in Tomorrowland. 

We worked it out together.

Now we know.

And knowing is half the battle.

G.I. Joe!!

Overkill?

couple things....

First, I love that you have a pic of the room with that map that used to decorate all of them.  Those things are incredible.  You see them for sale now and then, but most were simply discarded when the rooms were remodeled.  A crime. 

I wish i had a better pic of the rooms.  Those were really fuzzy.  Maybe in the 35mm pics?  We will see when I can get my hands on those.

Loving the trip so far.

Thanks Annie!

couple things....

I was lucky enough to stay at the Polynesian Resort a couple of times in the late 70's when my dad loaded us up in our Brady Bunch station wagon and we visited Florida from filthy New Jersey.

I remember those maps!  I remember that they showed the future resorts that were planned to be built around the Seven Seas Lagoon.  I always thought they were cool.

What I don't remember is the Polynesian Lobby looking like a '70's train station:

8B377FD4-7AD9-4691-8539-E46FFAF58E4D-362

And, I think Aaron and his bro are wearing Fort Wilderness T Shirts!

I think I see Musket Mickey!

TCD

Awesome TR! BTW, I agree on the CR pic....It's a unique angle for sure.

Coincedently, I was going through some old slides the other night and found some from the early 80's of the Fort, EPCOT, and MK. I am going to order a slide scanner to transfer them to digital.

Wow, that's great!  The early 80's would be neat to see.

You are right about the angle.

I cropped Aaron's photo with the train, and it creates a similar view:

contemporary3_zps60ea1d08.jpg

If Aaron's photo included a bit more to the left, we would see the track split and curve one way to the Contemporary and the other way to the service area.

TCD