I haven't seen a post yet here about a special Limited Time Magic Event set for next Saturday, May the Fourth, at Hollywood Studios: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/may-the-fourth-be-with-you-celebrated-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-for-limited-time-magic/

Acccording to the Disney Parks Blog, this is a one day deal separate from the upcoming Star Wars Weekends.

I liked this little tease: "You might even find yourself sitting next to Chewbacca aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. Star Wars characters will make surprise appearances on the 3-D attraction to enjoy the wild journey through space alongside park guests."

There is also a special night time show and fireworks.

This all goes down next Saturday.

Unfortunately for the TCD gang,  we already have plans that can't be changed for Star Wars day.  Dang it.

TCD

I don't work weekends, but I'll have to go just to stalk Dave and get a photo of him in Knickers. You're mine Mr. Photopass Guy.

We don't wear knickers at Hollywood Studios. But you can come see me. I volunteered to work there once I heard about the stuff going on.

Its an icon shift so I will be able to see the fireworks too.......

I'll put a reminder in the phone and do that one!

How many reminders you need????

Apparently Curt tends to forget things so, he needs multiple reminders.   :rofl2:

It would be better if he put it in his phone three times......

Go to a park to stalk see someone on a day off, not sure I know how to do that.

Im sure you can figure it out.

Now THAT sounds like Limited Time Magic.

What is an icon shift?

Icon shifts you are shooting the icons......Cinderella Castle, Sorcerers Hate, Studios Arch or Banner, Tower of Terror, Tree of Life, Everest, pretty much anything that doesn't move.

Character shifts you are with the characters and usually inside or done by the time the fireworks start.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

mft112378SMALL.jpg

Being a long-time Star Wars fan, I was thrilled to read Gary Buchanan’s article about the special “May The Fourth Be With You” event taking place this weekend as part of “Limited Time Magic.” This one-day celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is separate from our month-long Star Wars Weekends special event, which begins on May 17. Gary mentioned there will be special entertainment, a dance party, fireworks and commemorative merchandise. I’m happy to share with you a first look at the new shirts and pins that will be released on Saturday at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.

mft222378SMALL.jpg

Disney Design Group artist Quynh Kimball told me the character artwork found on the shirts was created by artist Tommy Lee Edwards. The artwork for the limited edition pins was created by Disney Design Group artist Mike Sullivan. The pins will each have an edition size of 1,500.

mft332378SMALL.jpg

If you are in Florida, these items will be released at the Superstar Shop located next to The American Idol Experience attraction in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

For those fans in California, the shirts and pins will be released at Disney’s Pin Traders in the Downtown Disney District and Little Green Men Store Command in Disneyland park. Please note that wristbands will be distributed to those guests purchasing pins at the Disneyland Resort.

I can’t wait for this weekend. I hope you will join us!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/new-limited-time-magic-merchandise-coming-for-may-the-fourth-be-with-you-celebration-at-disney-parks/