Rumor: New Epcot Attraction?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The original theme for Future World was well though out. 8 Pavilions for Life, Sea, Land/Food, Energy, Transportation, Communication, and IMHO the two most important and forward thinking: Imagination,

Epcot could be improved exponentially by the installation of a Peoplemover that goes around the entire lake, with stops near Test Track, Innoventions, International Gateway, America, and China or Norw

I actually like Epcot. Illuminations is my favorite firework show and I enjoy the pavilions. Other than Spaceship Earth and Soarin', though, I can't tell you the last time I didn't hurry through futur

Missed this thread the first time around, but I have to agree that EPCOT is not what it once was.  I love the the World Showcase as is, but it still feels unfinished to me and could use a new country or two to liven it up.   Future World in particular however has lost its focus and is trapped between remnants of its original "build on the past and hope for the future" theme and a half-hearted attempt to be a thrill-ride park......

If I had my druthers, I would like to see an updated Wonders of Life and a brand new Horizons. Both of those exemplified why Future World at EPCOT was so unique and so uplifting of spirit.

oh, and I am the other other other one that loves the Living with The Land boat ride, but then I also love the Three Amigos ride in Mexico too  ;)

If I had my druthers, I would like to see an updated Wonders of Life and a brand new Horizons. Both of those exemplified why Future World at EPCOT was so unique and so uplifting of spirit.

oh, and I am the other other other one that loves the Living with The Land boat ride, but then I also love the Three Amigos ride in Mexico too  ;)

Agreed!!  Although I'd love to see the Mexico attraction updated a bit. 

...it would be even better if they handed you a margarita as you were boarding.   8)

Agreed!!  Although I'd love to see the Mexico attraction updated a bit. 

...it would be even better if they handed you a margarita as you were boarding.   8)

They wouldn't let me board with my margarita :banghead: . I like to ride there when it is sunny and hot outside.

OldeKoot and I are another pair they like The Land cruise. We need to make that part of the Halloween BATWIT ...

How is it that my rinky-dink local theater can upgrade to 3D digital projection, but the most popular ride at Epcot is running 10 year old film prints? Most of FW needs to be gutted and reimagined. Imagination and WoL need to be razed and completely start over. Even LwtL needs major work, like the final third of the ride needs a complete overhaul... and I love LwtL! TT was barely ok before, but they ruined most of it. Never liked SE, and Judy doesn't improve the score for me. Communicores are now flop-houses and giant gift stores. Why did the let Seabase Alpha flounder? (See what I did there?) I really like M:S, but my stomach tells me I'm too old to ride it anymore. Yeah, FW is mostly a place to grab a nice melon soda en route to better things in WS.

The original theme for Future World was well though out. 8 Pavilions for Life, Sea, Land/Food, Energy, Transportation, Communication, and IMHO the two most important and forward thinking: Imagination, and Optimism for the Future (Horizons).

A tour of Future World would give the average adult or teenager a good overview of human accomplishments thus far, and a hopeful glimpse of what could be.... it was by far my favorite part of Disney, and I was always grateful that they had the vision to create such an amazing place.  A place that didn't require scaring you, throwing you around, or selling you something, that's what the other parks were for. This place was special, and made me feel PROUD and HOPEFUL for the human race.

Now?  Sadly, as several have pointed out above, the older pavilions are showing their age, and the rest are off-message, off-theme, or just OFF.   :( 

• 2 weeks later...

I think M:S was pretty cool the first 5 times I've ridden it, but on the past three trips I've had no pressing desire to ride it again and haven't. Doesn't have staying power

Same here. The shame of it is that it replaced Horizons, which not only fit the theme, I believe was the closest to Walt's original idea for EPCOT.  It was basically an extension of COP and conveyed the same idea:  "If We Can Dream It, We Can Do It"  :)

The amazing thing is that Horizons still has entire websites devoted to it...   There's even a site that is building a virtual ride thru of it!

I like Mission Space, but it doesn't like me.  Unfortunately, the "mild" version didn't solve the problem. The centrifuge doesn't bother me, it's the 6DOF movement and the video screen that bugs me. It is probably not exactly in sync which messes me up.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the launch. If we could just launch, fly, and land, I'd like it. Dodging the asteroids on the way, ugggh.

However, having said all that, removing Horizons was a travesty.