Rumor: New Epcot Attraction?

I have heard rumors in several places about an Epcot attraction that will open in 2015?

Some people speculated it will be one of the following:

-Captain Eo replacement

-Universe of Energy Redux

-New use for Wonders of Life Pavillion

-New film for Soarin

If given one choice for something new or refurbed in Future World (not necessarily from the list above), what is at the top of your list?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The original theme for Future World was well though out. 8 Pavilions for Life, Sea, Land/Food, Energy, Transportation, Communication, and IMHO the two most important and forward thinking: Imagination,

Epcot could be improved exponentially by the installation of a Peoplemover that goes around the entire lake, with stops near Test Track, Innoventions, International Gateway, America, and China or Norw

I actually like Epcot. Illuminations is my favorite firework show and I enjoy the pavilions. Other than Spaceship Earth and Soarin', though, I can't tell you the last time I didn't hurry through futur

Soarin is in need of an update.  Just the quality of the movie itself is getting old. I've heard rumors of a whole new film for this (maybe not CA this time?) but that's been swirling around for ages now.

I'd love to see them do something new and cool with the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Aaron, do any of the places where you heard the total fabrications rumors, have Disney in their name. I didn't think so.

My source, which is as reliable as any out there, the Troll that lives under the bridge on World Drive, told me recently that there is no way Epcot doesn't get a new attraction by 2015. Epcot is a poor excuse for a Disney amusement park, including World Showcase.

I can't pick one attraction, because it's impossible, they all need a visit from the wrecking ball, and soon.

there is no way Epcot doesn't get a new attraction by 2015.

That would make sense, as it gives them time to wrap up the rest of Fantasyland.

Now that MK is sorted out for the time being (or will be soon) here's hoping they turn some serious attention to Epcot.

These days it seems the only solution they have to getting people in that park is extending and creating new versions of Food & Wine.

I can't pick one attraction, because it's impossible, they all need a visit from the wrecking ball, and soon.

I agree with you on this.  FW SMB.  The only 2 things I like to do there are ride Damn Judi Dench, and walk through it on my way to Canada.  Soarin is ok but like others said, is dated.  TT used to be cool, but now I only like it for the speed part.  I drive fast all the way to Orlando, I don't need a ride that drives fast.  Ellen's energy thing SMB.  Mission Space SMB.  I have zero interest in the Habit Heroes debacle.  I suppose I like the ice cream place.  Captain EO is a disgusting mess.  So yes, I think the wrecking ball should pay a visit. 

I suppose I like the ice cream place. 

I'm pretty sure this is becoming a Starbucks soon, right?

I'd like to see them at least leave what's there and add an attraction in WoL pavilion. There needs to be something to pull crowds from TT and Soarin. 

Aaron, do any of the places where you heard the total fabrications rumors, have Disney in their name. I didn't think so.

My source, which is as reliable as any out there, the Troll that lives under the bridge on World Drive, told me recently that there is no way Epcot doesn't get a new attraction by 2015. Epcot is a poor excuse for a Disney amusement park, including World Showcase.

No they dont have disney in their name which is why it is listed as a rumor.

Second, i think i have made it known in numerous prior posts that i would get rid of all the attractions i listed in this thread as well as the imagination pavillion.......amongst other issues i have with epcot.

As this site gets bigger, disney may pay more attention to it so i think it is worthwhile to show our disdain for the parts of wdw that are pure garbage or just extremely outdated.

Otherwise, we are just apologists for the man, like many other sites out there.

While on the subject, i will reiterate that Avatarland sucks, DHS needs to blow up the backlot tour and stunt car show to build a new "land", and WS should build a new pavillion instead of the waste of space called the outpost.

All the above?

Agreed. We like Sorain but the film quality has just gotten flat out poor. Test Track well they screwed that all up. To be honest Epcot is more for my 3 year old. Figment, Malestorm, Nemo, and The 3 Caballeros. We just go to walk around and snack.

I actually like Epcot. Illuminations is my favorite firework show and I enjoy the pavilions. Other than Spaceship Earth and Soarin', though, I can't tell you the last time I didn't hurry through future world to get to something in WS.

Wow! I love Epcot. As a matter of fact it's my second favorite park. Next to the MK.

The seas with Nemo.

Turtle talk with crush.

The sum of all thrills. The virtual roller coaster at Innoventions

Soarin

TT

my DD8's favorite thing to do there is the great piggy bank adventure, don't ask why but we do it at least twice every visit to Epcot.

Mission Space

Coca cola cooling station

Going to the Biergarten for lunch and a great musical show

Chinese acrobats

Illuminations.

The Fife and drum band

Getting a pint and Listening to British Revolution.

Making fun of the French CMs

The Candle light precessional at Christmas time

The different Santa's at Christmas time

Wow! I love Epcot. As a matter of fact it's my second favorite park. Next to the MK.

The seas with Nemo.

Turtle talk with crush.

The sum of all thrills. The virtual roller coaster at Innoventions

Soarin

TT

my DD8's favorite thing to do there is the great piggy bank adventure, don't ask why but we do it at least twice every visit to Epcot.

Mission Space

Coca cola cooling station

Going to the Biergarten for lunch and a great musical show

Chinese acrobats

Illuminations.

The Fife and drum band

Getting a pint and Listening to British Revolution.

Making fun of the French CMs

The Candle light precessional at Christmas time

The different Santa's at Christmas time

I actually love Epcot too.  I just like the WS section WAY more than FW. 

I actually like Epcot. Illuminations is my favorite firework show and I enjoy the pavilions. Other than Spaceship Earth and Soarin', though, I can't tell you the last time I didn't hurry through future world to get to something in WS.

Ditto! 

We generally go to The Land - I love the boat ride (yep, I'm the one) and they also have an excellent food court.

We only do Nemo if there's no wait.

We occasionally do Test Track.

So other than the Damn Judy Dench History Extravaganza, it's pretty much a straight shot on through to World Showcase.

Holy crap!  All this Epcot talk has made it occur to me that the place is nothing more than a giant outdoor food court! 

and the problem with that is........

Exactly.

We actually love Epcot - and not just during F&W - but mostly because of World Showcase.  I still like poking through all the pavilions, catching the "street" shows, and of course the eating and drinking part isn't bad either.

Oh and Illuminations with the special extra ending during the holidays is killer (when everything is actually working).

But... it is very definitely time for a refresh ALL the way around, and for Disney to spend some REAL time and effort on that park.  The rotating exhibits in Innoventions, some of which have just been flat out bombs, just aren't enough to really give Epcot the shot in the arm it needs.

My complaints are about the items i mentioned. The rest of the park is fine.

We like the seas, TT, MS, Soarin(it could use HD video though), and WS.

But the empty WOL pavillion and Captain Eo are worthless.

Universe of Energy may be able to be salvaged but needs updating and Imagination was ruined long ago.

Just one man's opinion.

Epcot could be improved exponentially by the installation of a Peoplemover that goes around the entire lake, with stops near Test Track, Innoventions, International Gateway, America, and China or Norway.  It would be both an attraction and a mode of transporation.  After 9 pm they could operate adults-only booze cruises, where you could drink and watch Illuminations. 

I'd be happy if they would just clean the lens on the camera at Soarin'.  Disney spends all of that money for the smells, the breeze, the shaking of the ride when the fireworks go off, just to have a piece of dust the size of a watermelon float by or better yet, get hung right in the field of view on the screen... 

They might as well just turn the movie into a black and white Roy Rogers film....