Gwen-  I salute your dedication to the low carb lifestyle.  But every now and then, you should sneak one of these.

I've been LC'ing for so long that if I eat something like this I get a severe headache and upset stomach.  But I promise if David ever gets one I will taste his!

Actually, I would ban all cowboy hats.

Except if you're really a cowboy.

I'm not a fan of cowboy hats either.

Whereas every woman looks good in a dirndl, the same is not true of a dude in a skirt.

I'm imagining what a 500 pound woman would look like in a dirndl.  I'm not thinking good.

So, here's the DIT Scale 2.0:

DITscale20_zpsa474c074.jpg

Much better.  But I'd move MSEP at least above French fries.  That's my all-time favorite parade!

You might have a point about the 500 pound woman.  But, I'm still thinking that the dirndl would help even that situation.  That and a couple liters of beer, and I still says she doesn't leave the Oktoberfest alone.

And you do have a point about the MSEP.  Since this is DIT's scale, I included it, but to me there are many things worse than the MSEP.  Also the scale is fry heavy.  I think one of the fry references need to go.

We will need to work on the 3.0 version.

TCD

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putting lame stickers on the monorail is not sabotage, but this is.    

Great hijack!   And it gave me an idea.   The DIT scale . . .   A universal ranking system for use by all Fiends.   Check it out:     TCD

Now that we have the scale set (although I agree with Gwen's comment above), are we finally going to get an update???

Hey- I had to re-do the scale because of your dirndl hate.  So no complaining.

But, you're right, we need an update.

I am working on it.

I hate to break it to you, but the update will bring this short report to its conclusion.

TCD

You might have a point about the 500 pound woman.  But, I'm still thinking that the dirndl would help even that situation.  That and a couple liters of beer, and I still says she doesn't leave the Oktoberfest alone.

I'm thinking the couple liters of beer would be consumed by the person she's going home with.  :rofl2:

Hey, I have nothing against fat people.  I used to be one -- for a long time.  Hoping my remarks don't offend anyone.

I'm thinking the couple liters of beer would be consumed by the person she's going home with.  :rofl2:

Hey, I have nothing against fat people.  I used to be one -- for a long time.  Hoping my remarks don't offend anyone.

But we aren't ready for the conclusion.  You should find more things to write about for this short trip.

Sorry, but it was a short trip.  This TR is already longer than it should be. 

Yes, the couple of liters are for the guy.  You know, beer goggles.

TCD

Time for the next (and final) update.

We left off with us enjoying the BBQ.

We sat at the picnic tables under cover next to the America pavilion.

Last year for the Flower and Garden Festival, they had an alphabet garden back in this area.

This year, the area that had been the alphabet garden was walled off and there was a bulldozer going back there. 

Anyone know what is going on at the America pavilion?

There was a really old CM manning the Kidcot Fun Stop station.  It was a slow day, and the guy was asleep.

I tried to get his photo, but he snapped out of it just as I did:

42913081_zps02d47d2e.jpg

Fail.

Remember how they had both hot and spicy BBQ sauce out there to try?

Well, I couldn't decide, so I tried both.

Both were as advertised.

I wanted a big cup of ice water after that.

So we popped in to the America quick serve for a drink.

I never noticed the flags they had on display there before.  I'm sure they've been there, I just have never noticed them:

42913083_zpsea1e07e4.jpg

42913084_zpsf308fc8e.jpg

42913082_zps80f8bbe1.jpg

As we enjoyed our drinks, we discussed the rest of our day.

We could continue walking around the World Showcase and then decide what to do when we got back to the entrance.

Or we could sneak out the back way and head to Hollywood Studios.

We chose HS.

And so we headed over to the International Gateway.

Something was going on with a bunch of charter buses there.  They had the rolling planters out to try to hide them:

42913085_zps1b495a6c.jpg

There were a lot of dance groups in Epcot.  These buses must have been for them.

We hopped the boat to Hollywood Studios.

It wasn't too busy there.

We thought about grabbing RNR Fastpasses and then riding TOT, but the line for TOT was out past the metal gates they have there.  It as posted as 20 minutes, but it looked like it would take longer than that.

We grabbed our RNR Fastpasses.  They were good in 2 hours.

That meant we needed to find something to do.

It had gotten quite warm, so the nice air conditioned animation class sounded good.

We got to draw Sorcerer Mickey.

Mine:

42913087_zps0c8506b3.jpg

Twin #1's:

42913088_zps0a0956ad.jpg

Twin #2's:

42913089_zps28a0e0e7.jpg

After that, we discussed trying Toy Story standby, or Star Tours.

But the girls wanted to try TOT again.

So we headed that way.

As we did, we noticed how cloudy it had gotten.

Rain was clearly on the way.

We decided to stop at Starring Rolls and find a place under cover.  We found a nice table under an overhang.  There was a report in the past few months claiming that they had carrot cake cookies in Starring Rolls, so I went in to look.  No carrot cake cookies in there.  Which has always been the case for me.  Instead, we got frozen lemonades from the stand in front of the tip board, and waited for the rain.

Sure enough, a storm blew in and it rained for a few minutes.

We were all set.

Others found cover under the umbrellas.  That worked fine for the light rain we had.  It would not have been a good idea if the rain had been any heavier.

There were two kids running around in the rain, and holding their mouths open so they coudl drink the water dripping off of the filthy umbrellas.  I tried to get a photo of that, but they stopped:

42913091_zps12dedd6a.jpg

They only stopped because the rain let up.  Not because their parents asked them to.  In fact, the parents sat there and watched the kids drink that filthy water.

Geniuses.

The rain only lasted about 5 minutes.

So we headed on to TOT.

Now the posted wait was 13 minutes.

Get it?

We walked on in, and there was no line at all- we just had to stop about 20-30 people from the building entrance.

Nice.

I never noticed this statue before.  It's right along the queue:

42913094_zps4952f3c5.jpg

Our ride photo:

42913095_zpsad0fc9e5.jpg

We are down there in the front left.

Twin #1 got cut out of the photo.

After that, we still had about 40 minutes before our RNR Fastpasses were good.

So we rode the Great Movie Ride.

I was happy to see that we got in the Cowboy line.

But, the Cowboy scene wasn't working.

Our tour guide mumbled.

What the Fort?

Why do they put somebody who mumbles in that role?

Our gangster spoke in a monotone.

Also bad.

Who is in charge of this ride?

Since it's supposed to be about acting, why not train the castmembers?  They were both terrible.

I guess this is where CM's who can't cut it as Jungle Cruise skippers or AK safari drivers get sent.

After that, it was time to ride RNR.

So we did.

I got some kid from the single rider line next to me.  He was a nice kid.  He asked me if I had ever ridden this coaster before.  Since I could tell he wanted to tell me things, I told him no.  He told me about the launch and the loops.  I told him that he must be mistaken, because my daughters had told me that this was a very tame coaster and we would not be going upside down.  I told him I might throw up if we go upside down.  The poor kid.  But that's what you get when you do single rider:

42913098_zps98558a4a.jpg

So, we did the animation class, TOT, GMR, and RNR.  Good enough.

It was early, but we decided to go and eat our dinner and then head on to the MK.

Twin #2 loves the noodles at Captain Cooks.  I wanted to get make your own pasta at AOA or POR, but I got outvoted.

So we headed to the Polynesian.

It's been a long time since we saw one of these buses with all the seats- I thought it was funny that they were using it for the deluxe resorts:

42913099_zpse1af5f46.jpg

This bus was literally falling apart.  There was a screw on the floor next to the wheelchair lift, and another about to fall out:

42913100_zps32e4bab9.jpg

We stopped at the Contemporary first, and then headed on to the Polynesian.

The Ironman 3 monorail was there in the station:

42913101_zpsfdd1942b.jpg

42913102_zps4f1b91b0.jpg

Twin #2 got her noodles, and I tried the sushi from the take out case.  My sushi seemed to be very dried out, although the sell-by date was that day.  I ended up exhanging it for a cold noodle salad they had in the case.  That was good.

In a previous thread, GDF asked if there was a microwave available for guests to use at the Polynesian.  DaveINTN found a photo showing one.  And that microwave was sitting right there today:

42913103_zps7d7d209d.jpg

Twin #2 made one of her famous Dole Whip towers for us to share for dessert.

Then we headed out to the monorail station.

I took this photo of the Kona Sushi Bar to show how dead it was even past 5:30 on this Monday night:

42913104_zps5f66327d.jpg

According to some information posted by Mon on another thread, it may not have been busy because they have moved the sushi chefs out of there and in to the Kona restaurant.

We didn't get to ride the Ironmanrail.

The new DVC at the GF is coming along- they are installing windows now:

42913105_zps23ee466a.jpg

It was a beautiful evening:

42913106_zps82f01d0f.jpg

The abomination is clearly visible from here.  Wait till they start to light it up at night:

42913109_zpsad8dc59c.jpg

We headed on in to the MK.

It was busier than the other parks had been.

Long wait times for the big rides.

We decided to do Laugh Floor and then discuss what to do next.

We did Laugh Floor.

I didn't get picked to be That Guy.

That doesn't usually happen.

I hope I haven't lost my touch.

We looked around at the other lines, and decided to just go.

So we did.

I stopped by Wilderness Lodge on the way out to check on the new menu at the Territory Lounge:

42913110_zpsacc7ca70.jpg

42913111_zpsb7ca0f19.jpg

If we hadn't already eaten so much, I would have stopped for some fondue and Drunken' Doughnuts.  Those are on our short list for next time.

From there, we headed to the car, and on home.

It wasn't a late evening.

That's it.

Another TCD TR in the can.

TCD

So sad to see this TR end!

Well, they all have to end sometime.

But that means it's time for a new one.

Just need to take the trip first.

Was it my last TR that indicated the carrot cake cookie was at Starring Rolls?  Because if it was, you should know by now that my information is unreliable.  I think the carrot cake cookie is available from the sweet shop next door to Starring Rolls. 

Yes it was you.

And, I forgot that you clarified it by saying the shop next door.

Now I have to look again.

I will get to the bottom of this very important issue.

TCD

Yes it was you.

And, I forgot that you clarified it by saying the shop next door.

Now I have to look again.

I will get to the bottom of this very important issue.

TCD

You all need to understand one very important thing about me.  Do not take ANY Disney advice from me.  Number one....I'm always walking around Disney with 20 or 30 children distracting me.  So I miss important details.  And secondly....I've killed too many brain cells to be reliable.  If I say the carrot cake cookie is available at Starring Rolls, you should probably find the shop the farthest away from Starring Rolls, and there will be your cookie.  Capiche?

I still shudder to think of a dirndl on Honey Boo-Boo's mother.  I don't mean to talk ill of anyone, but that really makes me a little queasy.

I do have to say that everything on the scale to the right of SMB is a WDW thing, which makes me giddy with joy.  So I just figure you love everything! :D

Another awesome, awesome report by the incomparable TCD.

Have you filed the papers yet for the new children you'll be adopting so that TCD trip reports will continue uninterrupted? Please get on that.

Since it's supposed to be about acting, why not train the castmembers? They were both terrible.

Man, you can say that again. I believe the first time I rode the GMR was in 1990. Back then, they took that ride very, very seriously and the acting was done by, well, legit actors, not chubby high school kids with thick glasses who look like they hang out at the comic book store in their spare time, playing Magic the Gathering.

You all need to understand one very important thing about me.  Do not take ANY Disney advice from me.  Number one....I'm always walking around Disney with 20 or 30 children distracting me.  So I miss important details.  And secondly....I've killed too many brain cells to be reliable.  If I say the carrot cake cookie is available at Starring Rolls, you should probably find the shop the farthest away from Starring Rolls, and there will be your cookie.  Capiche?

Wait a minute?

We took advice from you on our last trip and it was quite good.

Maybe your advice just works great for those families that are truly outnumbered by kids because we are just as distracted.

Thanks for another microwave shot!

Have you filed the papers yet for the new children you'll be adopting so that TCD trip reports will continue uninterrupted? Please get on that.

Pick me! Pick me!

PS- Did I mention that my mother who will be joining me at the Poly roots for a certain team that makes me want to barf? Oh she was so sad the day I cashed out that FL prepaid account.....

You always get so much done in your day trips.

I have drunken donuts on my short list too.

I cant believe you weren't "That guy".

Clearly they dont know who they are dealing with.

Looking forward to the next one!

I know what happened in the Laugh Floor. There was an older and more clueless guy than me in there. Which is a very rare thing. I knew they would pick him, and they did.

NBD. Supposedly, there will be some updates this summer to tie in with Monsters University. I will be gunning to be That Guy then.

You all need to understand one very important thing about me. Do not take ANY Disney advice from me. Number one....I'm always walking around Disney with 20 or 30 children distracting me. So I miss important details. And secondly....I've killed too many brain cells to be reliable. If I say the carrot cake cookie is available at Starring Rolls, you should probably find the shop the farthest away from Starring Rolls, and there will be your cookie. Capiche?

Capiche. Fuhgettaboutit.

I still shudder to think of a dirndl on Honey Boo-Boo's mother.

Now there's an image I would have never thought to conjure up.

I have to stick with what I said though: even on her, the dirndl would be an improvement. A gentleman might need three or four liters of beer before appreciating her in a dirndl.

Another awesome, awesome report by the incomparable TCD.

Man, you can say that again. I believe the first time I rode the GMR was in 1990. Back then, they took that ride very, very seriously and the acting was done by, well, legit actors, not chubby high school kids with thick glasses who look like they hang out at the comic book store in their spare time, playing Magic the Gathering.

Yes, I need to get going on the adoptions. The only thing is, I still haven't told Mrs. TCD the good news.

Comic book store?

Magic the Gathering?

I am concerned that you know about such things.

I believe I was first on the waiting list....

True.

Wait a minute?

We took advice from you on our last trip and it was quite good.

Maybe your advice just works great for those families that are truly outnumbered by kids because we are just as distracted.

Despite his possible mistake about the carrot cake cookies (which may not be a mistake at all), when it comes to food, DaveInTn knows his stuff.

His reviews got me to go to 'Ohana.

And to the Roaring Forks for waffles.

And soon it will be Biergaren and/or Via Napoli.

He pretty much bats 1000 when it comes to food.

Thanks for another microwave shot!

Pick me! Pick me!

PS- Did I mention that my mother who will be joining me at the Poly roots for a certain team that makes me want to barf? Oh she was so sad the day I cashed out that FL prepaid account.....

No, I don't think you have mentioned this important fact.

I think you disclosed that your dad wanted you to go to another school in Georgia.

Your poor parents.

Where did they go wrong?

Can the noodles at Captain Cook's come as a side, even when they aren't listed? For example, fish of the day with noodles?

Fish of the Day? How do you know about that? I noticed that on the menu this trip- and I think it is very new.

I am not sure about being able to get noodles as a side.

There is a very good chance that we will be back to Captain Cooks before your trip, so I'll see if I can find out.

One thing about this place is that you order on touch screens, so there isn't a convenient way to ask about substitutions on the menu.

Another great report, TCD. I'll be hitting up the end of Flower and Garden next week and can't wait to try some of the food.

The word of mouth recommendations we got from CM's and others we asked were the Shrimp and Grits, Crab Tostado, BBQ, and the salmon from the stand near the UK. We didn't make it to the salmon. But, a lot of people suggested it to us. If you try anything and like it, please report back on it, so we will know for the next time.

TCD

No, I don't think you have mentioned this important fact.

I think you disclosed that your dad wanted you to go to another school in Georgia.

Your poor parents.

Where did they go wrong?

Fish of the Day? How do you know about that? I noticed that on the menu this trip- and I think it is very new.

I am not sure about being able to get noodles as a side.

There is a very good chance that we will be back to Captain Cooks before your trip, so I'll see if I can find out.

One thing about this place is that you order on touch screens, so there isn't a convenient way to ask about substitutions on the menu.

TCD

My dad didn't go to Tech. He became a fan after moving to GA from New Jersey. Something about GA fans being drunk and obnoxious. My mother, well, something bad happened to her the 7 years we lived in FL.

As far as the fish of the day, didn't you link the the menu? I saw it there. Sounds good and different than sandwiches and salads. I have a feeling I'll be eating there a good bit in July, so let me know if you find out more.

Not to belabor the issue, but where would the Four Seasons Golden Oaks fall on the DIT scale?  Is it equal to SMB?  If that is the case, it just SMB.  But....some might say the "Abomination" is worse than monkey butt sucking.  Some people might gladly suck a monkey butt or two to do away with the project.  Or what about a DVC at River Country?  Although those plans have been canceled, that would definately have been worse than SMB.

My dad didn't go to Tech. He became a fan after moving to GA from New Jersey. Something about GA fans being drunk and obnoxious. My mother, well, something bad happened to her the 7 years we lived in FL.

As far as the fish of the day, didn't you link the the menu? I saw it there. Sounds good and different than sandwiches and salads. I have a feeling I'll be eating there a good bit in July, so let me know if you find out more.

OK- I will include Captain Cooks intel in any TR's I happen to post between now and then. 

Not to belabor the issue, but where would the Four Seasons Golden Oaks fall on the DIT scale?  Is it equal to SMB?  If that is the case, it just SMB.  But....some might say the "Abomination" is worse than monkey butt sucking.  Some people might gladly suck a monkey butt or two to do away with the project.  Or what about a DVC at River Country?  Although those plans have been canceled, that would definately have been worse than SMB.

You have raised a very good point.  I agree that Four Seasons and Golden Oaks are worse than SMB.  So we may need another tweak on the scale.

I am not sure that the River Country DVC has been cancelled.  Of course, it was never officially announced, so it has never been offiicially cancelled.  I think there will be news on that front after they complete the GF DVC rooms and get most of them sold.

Pretty sure De-vine should be on version 3.0.

Good suggestion.

For me De-vine is just a Lou.  But I know DIT has strong feelings about that weed.

Maybe she/it could replace Disney Fries or the MSEP on the scale.

TCD