I have heard another recent suggestion that Poly will be getting a building similar to the GF DVC building, as well as some stand alone bungalows ala the tree houses at Saratoga Springs........I consider it rumor as I have only seen it in one place but the guy was reporting it as fact.

The same guy said the Poly DVC will break ground soon after GF DVC is finished.

Maybe that will table the Fort DVC idea for awhile if true.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putting lame stickers on the monorail is not sabotage, but this is.    

Great hijack!   And it gave me an idea.   The DIT scale . . .   A universal ranking system for use by all Fiends.   Check it out:     TCD

I have heard another recent suggestion that Poly will be getting a building similar to the GF DVC building, as well as some stand alone bungalows ala the tree houses at Saratoga Springs........I consider it rumor as I have only seen it in one place but the guy was reporting it as fact.

The same guy said the Poly DVC will break ground soon after GF DVC is finished.

Maybe that will table the Fort DVC idea for awhile if true.

I have heard those rumors too.

To me, they may want to lay off building DVC's at the monorail resorts.  I think announcing new DVC rooms at the Polynesian while they are still trying to sell memberships at the GF may hurt sales.

I never understood the thought process behind building a DVC resort at River Country, but I assume part of it was that it would offer something unique.  So they could reach out to a new base of buyers.  The timing may be right for that as a project to come between the GF and the Poly.

Time will tell.

TCD

I am not sure that the River Country DVC has been cancelled.  Of course, it was never officially announced, so it has never been offiicially cancelled.  I think there will be news on that front after they complete the GF DVC rooms and get most of them sold.

You are right, it was never officially on so it can't be officially off...but it is. I know I am not the one to drop huge Disney bombshells, but I have it from a pretty reliable source that the RC DVC is off the table for now. Who knows what will happen in 10 years. And as proof, you will know the DVC is on hold when the TCD barn gets a new roof this summer.

Come on. It was just rain falling out of the sky onto those umbrellas, that the kids were then drinking. What could be so bad? I mean what else could possibly flying overhead and dropping something on those umbrellas.....oh wait.....I think I know.....uck! Then again, maybe something in the acid rain would kill the bacteria in the sky plunkys.

Thanks for sharing a TR on your powertrip to Disneyworld. It was great!

You are right, it was never officially on so it can't be officially off...but it is. I know I am not the one to drop huge Disney bombshells, but I have it from a pretty reliable source that the RC DVC is off the table for now. Who knows what will happen in 10 years. And as proof, you will know the DVC is on hold when the TCD barn gets a new roof this summer.

Is your reliable source one of the castmembers at the barn?  If so, I have received less than reliable information from folks in that position over the years.

But, I would have to agree with you that if they re-roof the barn this summer, that would be a pretty good indication that the River Country DVC is off the table for a long time.

Come on. It was just rain falling out of the sky onto those umbrellas, that the kids were then drinking. What could be so bad? I mean what else could possibly flying overhead and dropping something on those umbrellas.....oh wait.....I think I know.....uck! Then again, maybe something in the acid rain would kill the bacteria in the sky plunkys.

Thanks for sharing a TR on your powertrip to Disneyworld. It was great!

Yes.  Those umbrellas are moldy and bird targets.  No sane parent would let his kid lick one of those gross things, yet here these kids were drinking the rainwater cascading off of them.  And the parents thought that was fine.

TCD

Enjoying the trip report, better late than never.

Count me in as a Yankee who has never tried grits. Or greens. Or beet lollipop.

I've liked grits for a while now. 

I had greens at the Fiend GG last Thanksgiving and they were fantastic.

Missy's biscuits and gravy at WWW were dynamite.

Hmm... grits / greens / biscuits & gravy... maybe I really should move south afterall!   8)

I know that GDF will be OK with this.  I know if she had to choose between a Salted Caramel or Channing Tatum, she would pick the SC every time.

Given that I know I can actually GET a salted caramel...  ::)

...I told him that he must be mistaken, because my daughters had told me that this was a very tame coaster and we would not be going upside down.  I told him I might throw up if we go upside down.  The poor kid.  But that's what you get when you do single rider:

:rofl2:

Have you filed the papers yet for the new children you'll be adopting so that TCD trip reports will continue uninterrupted? Please get on that.

I'm really good at behaving like an 8 year old.

Just sayin'.....

I would have to agree with you that if they re-roof the barn this summer, that would be a pretty good indication that the River Country DVC is off the table for a long time.

That's logical, however they just spent a ton of money expanding and refurbing the DTD Marketplace bus stops, plus adding substantial handicap facilities at the PI bus stops, both will be torn out completely due to the Disney Springs project.

My faves at food and wine for TCD and Brent, and all others who will make it there in the next couple of weeks: Italy: lasagna and the asparagus/lobster. UK: salmon biscuit (my fav) and the goats brie. Germany: bread pudding. Florida: watermelon salad and shrimp/sausage/grits. China: spring pancake. Japan: seafood over rice. Marakesh: lamb kebob. France: tarte with goat cheese.

So that's it. Enjoy :)

My faves at food and wine for TCD and Brent, and all others who will make it there in the next couple of weeks: Italy: lasagna and the asparagus/lobster. UK: salmon biscuit (my fav) and the goats brie. Germany: bread pudding. Florida: watermelon salad and shrimp/sausage/grits. China: spring pancake. Japan: seafood over rice. Marakesh: lamb kebob. France: tarte with goat cheese.

That should hold me over for an hour or two. Thanks!

That's logical, however they just spent a ton of money expanding and refurbing the DTD Marketplace bus stops, plus adding substantial handicap facilities at the PI bus stops, both will be torn out completely due to the Disney Springs project.

Classic.  Right before they filed for the permit for the new barn, they spent several thousand dollars to change a couple of the horse stalls into the display area for the calliope.  Now the calliope is gone and a less impressive wagon sits in its place.  But the button is still there so you can press it and hear the calliope play. 

So you're right-the fact that they are spending money improving a building doesn't necessarily mean that they won't turn around and rip it down.

Thanks for those suggestions, Brandy.  I'm not sure we will make it back this year, but I will remember those for the next time.  If there is a next time.  From the times we've visited, it doesn't seem that these food booths are anywhere close to as popular as the Food and Wine booths.  I could easily see them chalking this experiment up as a failure, and not doing it again.

That should hold me over for an hour or two. Thanks!

Please report back on what you liked and didn't like.

And remember, the beet lollipops are in the old Wonders of Life pavilion.

TCD

So, here's the DIT Scale 2.0:

DITscale20_zpsa474c074.jpg

TCD

With two weeks at the Fort and now 1.5 weeks at my sister's, I totally missed this TR but I do have some comments to make on the DIT Scale 2.0 -

1.  Lou is an excellent middle ground for it but I would rank SFBD(Schmuck Face Bus Driver) above Melvin.

2. I think Snow White is a bit too high in the scale.  

3.  I think the Kilt should be reintroduced but using a specific person like EMGK(Ewan McGregor in a Kilt) (ladies do a search for Ewan in a kilt.... there is a really nice pic)

or KMKK(Kevin McKid in Kilt from Brave)

or a universally accepted scottish actor in a good looking kilt photo

or perhaps just an entry called hot brit men speaking with native accent (HBSWNA)

4.  I think IASW OR COP should be substituted for MSEP - just based on the songs ability to annoyingly get stuck in your head

With two weeks at the Fort and now 1.5 weeks at my sister's, I totally missed this TR but I do have some comments to make on the DIT Scale 2.0 -

1.  Lou is an excellent middle ground for it but I would rank SFBD(Schmuck Face Bus Driver) above Melvin.

2. I think Snow White is a bit too high in the scale.  

3.  I think the Kilt should be reintroduced but using a specific person like EMGK(Ewan McGregor in a Kilt) (ladies do a search for Ewan in a kilt.... there is a really nice pic)

or KMKK(Kevin McKid in Kilt from Brave)

or a universally accepted scottish actor in a good looking kilt photo

or perhaps just an entry called hot brit men speaking with native accent (HBSWNA)

4.  I think IASW OR COP should be substituted for MSEP - just based on the songs ability to annoyingly get stuck in your head

You've made some very good points, and they will be duly considered as the DIT Scale 3.0 is prepared.

One thing that will not happen is the inclusion of any kind of kilt reference on the upper end of the scale. Don't make my post the photo of the fat guy in the kilt I took on a previous trip.  But, so help me, I will if there is any more kilt talk.

TCD

will not happen is the inclusion of any kind of kilt reference on the upper end of the scale. Don't make my post the photo of the fat guy in the kilt I took on a previous trip.  But, so help me, I will if there is any more kilt talk.

TCD

you know the fiend in me wants to say "kilt kilt kilt kilt kilt" just so everyone else has to look at the picture in question....but the real question is do you really want to revisit that picture?

Hey, this is the DIT scale....Lou is already too high.  No way he should be higher than Melvin.  And I like the COP music.  Also, I agree with TCD...no kilts on the DIT scale. 

I might propose the scale be simplified a bit.  Such as:

SMB

Lou

Salted Caramel (which really means Dirndl)

Things like Devine, Snow White, Beet Lollipops and Disney Fries all SMB.  They can fit in that category. 

Lou is for things average or which I am ambivalent about. 

Salted Caramel or Dirndle are for the rare things at WDW that really excite me.  Things such as the carrot cake cookie, Ohana, magic cookie bars, and sitting on the porch at Trails End.  Oh, and of course the dirndls at Biergarten. 

you know the fiend in me wants to say "kilt kilt kilt kilt kilt" just so everyone else has to look at the picture in question....but the real question is do you really want to revisit that picture?

You're just as bad as my kids. Trying to call my bluff. I don't bluff.

So this is your fault:

Thanksgiving2012477.jpg

Hey, this is the DIT scale....Lou is already too high. No way he should be higher than Melvin. And I like the COP music. Also, I agree with TCD...no kilts on the DIT scale.

I might propose the scale be simplified a bit. Such as:

SMB

Lou

Salted Caramel (which really means Dirndl)

Things like Devine, Snow White, Beet Lollipops and Disney Fries all SMB. They can fit in that category.

Lou is for things average or which I am ambivalent about.

Salted Caramel or Dirndle are for the rare things at WDW that really excite me. Things such as the carrot cake cookie, Ohana, magic cookie bars, and sitting on the porch at Trails End. Oh, and of course the dirndls at Biergarten.

Brilliant.

We don't need a complex scale. Everything can be graded on the SMB/Lou/SC scale. Simplicity.

TCD

Classic.  Right before they filed for the permit for the new barn, they spent several thousand dollars to change a couple of the horse stalls into the display area for the calliope.  Now the calliope is gone and a less impressive wagon sits in its place.  But the button is still there so you can press it and hear the calliope play. 

So you're right-the fact that they are spending money improving a building doesn't necessarily mean that they won't turn around and rip it down.

TCD

The Calliope is not gone, but you will have to wait until I get to that in my trip report.

And come on that hitch wagon isn't something to shake a stick at. It cost more than most cars do.   

The Calliope is not gone, but you will have to wait until I get to that in my trip report.

And come on that hitch wagon isn't something to shake a stick at. It cost more than most cars do.   

Sounds more and more like you talked to the same CM I did last summer. Told me they would have a new roof soon and they were going to start using the Calliope in the parades again. I have to admit I had to take breath since then. Couldn't hold it that long waiting. 

Really?  The calliope is not gone?  I will be paying very close attention to your trip report!

Sounds more and more like you talked to the same CM I did last summer. Told me they would have a new roof soon and they were going to start using the Calliope in the parades again. I have to admit I had to take breath since then. Couldn't hold it that long waiting. 

I've heard the parade rumor for as long as the calliope has been there.  They did use it in the Citrus Bowl parade around New Year's Eve this past year.  But not in any of the parks that I know of.  I thought for sure that it would show up somewhere in the new Storybook Circus area in the MK, but I guess I was wrong for thinking that.

The new roof rumor I have not heard before now. I need to visit the barn on my next trip.  The CM's there love to gossip.

TCD