Love your trip reports. Makes us feel like we are at Epcot with you....

I swore I bought a stuffed figment one time at Epcot, but I can't find it...boo. Do they still sell figment merchandise?  I'm hoping to get one next time I'm there.

This yankee hasn't tried grit yet.. I'll make sure to try next time I'm down south.

Michele

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putting lame stickers on the monorail is not sabotage, but this is.    

Great hijack!   And it gave me an idea.   The DIT scale . . .   A universal ranking system for use by all Fiends.   Check it out:     TCD

Ok, I had to google Channing Tatum.  I can assure you, he would be nowhere near the top of a DIT scale.  He wouldn't even be on the scale at all.  Tatum O'Neal might rank in the middle of the scale.  Stockard Channing maybe slightly above that.  But that dude?  No.

I think the ladies with disagree.....

channing-tatum_111612111932.jpg

Now that I got that point across, yay for shrimp and grits!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the shout out!  I think they were delicious and a good value. I would have liked a tad more grits, but YUM. And with my whole family except me being from NJ, they'd never understand.  Too bad for them!

Ok, I had to google Channing Tatum.  I can assure you, he would be nowhere near the top of a DIT scale.  He wouldn't even be on the scale at all.  Tatum O'Neal might rank in the middle of the scale.  Stockard Channing maybe slightly above that.  But that dude?  No.

I was going to google Channing Tatum too, but then I thought about what would happen if the FBI ever comes and siezes my computer and goes over my search history.  They do that you know.  I would be more embarrassed about the fact that they found a search for Channing Tatum in my history than the fact that I was being investigated by the FBI.  So, I'm not going to do it. 

That food looks pretty good....in looking at the menus a month or so ago I was not impressed.  But you made some good selections.  DW selections!

I was not real thrilled about the selections either.  In fact, on our first visit to the Flower and Garden Festival, we went the opposite way around the World Showcase.  By the time we got to Japan, we stopped and ate at the quick serve because we didn't see anything that looked that great.  After we ate, the next thing we came to was the Smokehouse in America, and then we wished we hadn't stopped in Japan.  This time, we went the other way, and it worked much better for us.

Greens are a solid Dirndl if they are done right. Done incorrectly, they SMB.

True. 

But, they have this stuff called pepper sauce that you can sprinkle on the SMB greens.  That makes them at least a Lou.

Love your trip reports. Makes us feel like we are at Epcot with you....

I swore I bought a stuffed figment one time at Epcot, but I can't find it...boo. Do they still sell figment merchandise?  I'm hoping to get one next time I'm there.

This yankee hasn't tried grit yet.. I'll make sure to try next time I'm down south.

Michele

Yes, there is still Figment stuff in the Imagination Pavilion.  Just not as much as there used to be.

I'm surprised that grits have not snuck on to more menus in the northeast.  It seems that a lot of chefs like to use them in both breakfast and dinner meals.

thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emo

42913050_zps921693c6.jpg

When was the last time you got 3 of anything edible at Disney for $3.17?  :)

Good point.

Maybe never.

You've got me to thinking that I might need to go back to the Flower and Garden Festival one more time.

I could bring ten bucks and go crazy with the beet lollipops.

Now that I got that point across, yay for shrimp and grits!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the shout out!  I think they were delicious and a good value. I would have liked a tad more grits, but YUM. And with my whole family except me being from NJ, they'd never understand.  Too bad for them!

We got very good sized potions of grits.  I thought the serving sizes of all the items at the Flower and Garden Festival were much more generous than the serving sizes at the Food and Wine Festival.  We kind of got the impression that since they obviously weren't getting a lot of business, they bumped up the portion sizes so they wouldn't end up with surplus product when the festival ends.

Shrimp and Grits DW.  That picture....is there something to the left of SMB?  Oh wait, maybe there is room on the DIT scale for that Channing guy afterall. 

Good point.

And, I also think that Gwen and GDF have raised a valid point about the drindl maybe not being a good universal choice for the high end of the scale.  But, it can't be this Channing dude.  The scale values are all based on something or someone at Disney World.

What about if the high end of the scale was a Salted Caramel.

Everybody, men and women, loves those, right?

So Tater Channing is a basketball playing cowboy that just got out of the army and can't figure out how to unlock the door to his apartment? Seems like a BL to me..definitely not better than a MSEP.

Very good! 

But I am concerned about how carefully you studied that photo.

He's got one of those rolled up sides cowboy hat.  That puts him to the back of the line, sorry.

There you go. 

Good catch.

Enjoying the trip report, better late than never.

Count me in as a Yankee who has never tried grits. Or greens. Or beet lollipop.

If I was still a yankee, I also would not have tried any of those things.

There are two things on that list of three that you ought to try if you get the chance.

TCD

I am fine with the Salted Caramel taking over the high end of the scale.  It is sold in Germany, afterall.  And Germany is home of the dirndl.  So, if I ever use the phrase "those steak fries were SC!"...you will know that I actually mean "those steak fries were DW!".  Tomato, tomahto,  you know? 

I am fine with the Salted Caramel taking over the high end of the scale.  It is sold in Germany, afterall.  And Germany is home of the dirndl.  So, if I ever use the phrase "those steak fries were SC!"...you will know that I actually mean "those steak fries were DW!".  Tomato, tomahto,  you know? 

OK, good.

I know that GDF will be OK with this.  I know if she had to choose between a Salted Caramel or Channing Tatum, she would pick the SC every time.

How about you Gwen?

Or do you not like Salted Caramels?

And, Dave, the drindl could be like an 11 on the scale.  It won't be on there, but like you said, we will know what it means.

TCD

I'm going to have to chime in on the scale.  As a woman, I'd like to point out that even I enjoy a nice dirdnl every now and then.  I think it would be a shame to omit it from the scale.  I mean, come on now, SC is good, but is it dirndl good? 

I'm going to have to chime in on the scale.  As a woman, I'd like to point out that even I enjoy a nice dirdnl every now and then.  I think it would be a shame to omit it from the scale.  I mean, come on now, SC is good, but is it dirndl good? 

Thank you for chiming in!  That's what I thought too.  A dirndl is a classic thing of beauty that anyone should be able to appreciate.

But I have now learned that it does not float some boats.

So, I think we need to put the SC in the #10 spot, and DW will be reserved for things that are "off the chart" good.

I think that will work.

TCD

DITscale_zps5c246d17.jpg

TCD

Maybe we could settle this by adding a male version of the dirndl for the women on this board

Kilt.

A good looking man in a kilt is just as sexy as a hot woman in a dirndl.

They are both traditional garb of one of the Showcase countries which allows this to remain a fitting Disney Scale.

Just a suggestion.

Since some of you wanted to see Beet Lollipop faces, I'll share those now.

Here is TCD Twin #2's beet lollipop face:

42913048_zps41da8b0f.jpg

And Twin #1's:

42913051_zps5f75622f.jpg

Twin #2 ate hers like a man.

Twin #1 spit hers out.  Which is weird.  That girl will eat any kind of sushi that is put in front of her.  Including a lot of stuff that would make a billy goat puke, but she could not handle the beet lollipop.

So much for encouraging the kids to eat their veggies.

The TCD twins said that this Goofy was used in a prior year's display.  The big one in front of the golf ball.

I agree with them, but I can't remember when.

TCD

Thank you for the pictures. I knew you wouldn't have passed up the oppportunity for that and here is Goofy from Christmas this past year where he was ice skating in front of the ball.

12-28-12218_zpsde311063.jpg

I think the ladies with disagree.....

channing-tatum_111612111932.jpg

So Tater Channing is a basketball playing cowboy that just got out of the army and can't figure out how to unlock the door to his apartment? Seems like a BL to me..definitely not better than a MSEP.

He's got one of those rolled up sides cowboy hat.  That puts him to the back of the line, sorry.

I must agree with the troll and also my husband, much to my chagrin,

Fruity or Drunk! Either way not DW.

Re. The cost of a beet lollipop. Do you really think they are a good deal? Considering Disney's markup on everything else they sell, I figure the mouse puts a value on a beet lollipop at about 3 cents.

Being a low carber, I've never had a Salted Caramel.  But they do sound good!

Gwen-  I salute your dedication to the low carb lifestyle.  But every now and then, you should sneak one of these.

The food in the last update all seemed like SC compared to the beet lollipop.

It's all relative.

I can't seem to get away from rolled up cowboy hat guy in the trip report section these days.  Ugh!

I think we need a rolled up cowboy hat ban on FF.

I am 100% in favor of the ban.

Actually, I would ban all cowboy hats.

Except if you're really a cowboy.

Maybe we could settle this by adding a male version of the dirndl for the women on this board

Kilt.

A good looking man in a kilt is just as sexy as a hot woman in a dirndl.

They are both traditional garb of one of the Showcase countries which allows this to remain a fitting Disney Scale.

Just a suggestion.

Thank you for the pictures. I knew you wouldn't have passed up the oppportunity for that and here is Goofy from Christmas this past year where he was ice skating in front of the ball.

12-28-12218_zpsde311063.jpg

No. 

No.

No.

No kilts.

No.

Whereas every woman looks good in a dirndl, the same is not true of a dude in a skirt.

I saw a dude in a skirt at the MK not too long ago.

I was scared to death that a breeze might come by.

So, fail on the kilt suggestion.

But, great job on the topiary.

That is exactly what I was thinking of.  One of the twins even said she thought that this Goofy was ice skating.  But, I couldn't figure out why they would have an ice skating Goofy out front for the Flower and Garden Festival in a prior year.  Duh!  It was a Christmas display!

So just like in high school I am going to have to throw the curve. I have tried grits and greens. Don't like greens at all but grits were ok.

I will say OK- you don't have to like greens.  I can see where a lot of people wouldn't care for them. 

But, you need to give grits another try.  Depending on how they're prepared, they can be amazing.

Agreed. Salted Caramel will be 10.

OK, good.

We have a consensus.

So, here's the DIT Scale 2.0:

DITscale20_zpsa474c074.jpg

Re. The cost of a beet lollipop. Do you really think they are a good deal? Considering Disney's markup on everything else they sell, I figure the mouse puts a value on a beet lollipop at about 3 cents.

Hmmm.  I would agree with you- but that test tube thing they put them in probably costs 5 cents.  The ingredients inside I could agree cost less than 3 cents.  Still a good profit for Disney.  What do you want to bet if they charged $3 for them and imposed a limit of one per customer they would sell more?  At 99 cents, you have to stop and wonder if there is something wrong with them to be sold for such a low price.

TCD

SC over most eye candy any day.

Kilts don't look good on everyone, unfortunately some should just refrain.  Like that one TCD mentioned.  Scarred me for life that did.

No dirndl here. But I do own some pretty hot Renaissance corsets.  My husband likes them on me. ;)

Gwen-  I salute your dedication to the low carb lifestyle.  But every now and then, you should sneak one of these.

I've been LC'ing for so long that if I eat something like this I get a severe headache and upset stomach.  But I promise if David ever gets one I will taste his!

Actually, I would ban all cowboy hats.

Except if you're really a cowboy.

I'm not a fan of cowboy hats either.

Whereas every woman looks good in a dirndl, the same is not true of a dude in a skirt.

I'm imagining what a 500 pound woman would look like in a dirndl.  I'm not thinking good.

So, here's the DIT Scale 2.0:

DITscale20_zpsa474c074.jpg

Much better.  But I'd move MSEP at least above French fries.  That's my all-time favorite parade!