First Time RVer's at Fort Wilderness with lots of questions

Thanks... we are looking at picking up a therma cell and have another question (knew it was going to happen) Our rental travel trailer comes with awning lights. Do any of you also use other lighting like lanterns etc.. or does Disney provide enough lighting for the area.

Packing is making me crazy with questions and what to bring and not to bring. 4 days to we leave and the excitement is building. I'm sure there we be a more questions coming.

You have all be so wonderful and we appreciate all your help.

Thank you!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, the squirrels are not the worst thieves as far as food. If you leave your crockpot out and I am around, I will be your greatest concern.

Kungaloosh : 1/4 cup orange juice 1/4 cup Captain Morgans spiced rum 1/4 cup raspberry brandy 1/4 cup strawberry daiquiri mix Mix toge

I use the candles, but they don't do much. The Off Lanterns that Jason mentioned are absolutely fantastic.

I agree with Brent. Also most campers have an outside light by the door you can switch on if you need it, but they do attract bugs. If you plan on grilling on the Fort grill after dark, a lantern to have near the grill might be handy, cause the grill can be a bitof a distance from the camper.

Yippies... 2 more wakes up and we are on our way to Fort Wilderness. You have been wonderful with all your answers and welcome. We are pretty much packed and ready to go. The only thing left to do is packed up the car and settle everyone in there seats for a fun trip down.

Any last minutes suggestions or ideas for us.

Can't wait to get there and enjoy.

I have a big bucket citronella candle I bought at the Fort. If they yell at me, I'll take them over and show them.

Thanks everyone. We will have flash lights and glow sticks (left unused for some party or the other) Less that 24 hours till we start our Trek down to the fort. This house has never had so much pixie dust floating around. We purchased the thermacell and already have had good effects in our back yard so our fingers are crossed. Doing some last minute laundry and clean up before the fireworks tonight. (Hubby and DD (18)  are  volunteer firefighters and paramedics so they  to standby and make sure everything stays safe) Then a quick nap before we head out at 5 am to make the drive down from NY.

I found a trick to packing... instead of bulky suitcases we used Zip loc bags and totes to pack everything. 2 good things so far. They squish so more will fit in the clam shell and I can see what's in them so I don't pack something I already have.

Have the littlest making a sign as we drive down that I will letter when we arrive. Can't wait to experience this very different vacation. First ever camping trip for the girls and it's been a LONG TIME since Hubby and I have camped... might just be our new way of vacationing.

Can't wait to meet all the fiends down at the Fort.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How'd the trip go?  

Dan

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

I wonder how this trip went?!

Apparently, we will never know.

Unfortunately, this happens.  People get geeked about their trip and come here for our collective wisdom.  They get great information, and no doubt have a wonderful time.

And then . . .

Nothing.

Not so nice, if you ask me.

A simple "thank you, we had a great time" would be nice.

Even nicer would be if they shared their experience and tips for the next guy.  Just one post.  That isn't too much to ask.  You know- give back?

But that isn't the world we live in anymore. :(

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't have 50amp service (and an RV that has 50 amp service) you most likely will blow a circuit breaker.  Yes, I have run an extension cord directly from the 110 outlet and that will work, make sure it's heavy duty.  If you notice the cord getting hot, you may not be able to continue the use!

Finally got an RV with 50 amp service so i can run the air while blowdrying my hair!  Used to drive hubby nuts!

Can't wait, heading to the Fort Saturday AM! be there by 1PM check-in!

Have to see about printing my own sign, since i don't have time to order one!

Finally got an RV with 50 amp service so i can run the air while blowdrying my hair!  Used to drive hubby nuts!

Just don't blow dry your hair while running a space heater!  That was an expensive lesson we learned last trip.  Tripped the circuit breaker on the inverter.