We got to the Fort Today and I hear my kids saying "look, a black hoolahoop"

Not good. My inside rear tire tread has started coming apart.

Where can I get a tire, tires, or at least the spare mounted?

On a happier note. We are here and it is our first visit to the Fort. We are in 619 if anyone is here and wants to swing by!

Thanks,

Neil

DH says Camping World in Kissimmee has tires and will mount them.

He also reminded me that the AAA service center near the Magic Kingdom carries tires as well.  We blew a tire on our TT one year coming through Orlando and got the replacement there.

Good luck and glad you got there safely!

I concur with downwithdisney, after blowing a steer tire on our Prevost the last trip we suited up with all new tires. Not cheap, 700 for the back tires and 1000 for the steer tires not cheap, but neither is a triple bypass.  I do not want to endure a blowout again, were lucky we did not roll.

Glad your at the fort safe!  I'm jealous  :clint:

Fortunately the tire didn't blow out. It's almost as if an object sliced the corner off. I took a pic but not sure how to post it from my iPhone.

The tire slice is only about 1.5x1.5 inches and the tire has full pressure. I didn't feel anything and I guess it sheared clean off because there is no apparent damage. I need to get under there with a flashlight.

I doubt aaa would have this large a tire 245/70 R19.5. Has anyone bought tires from Camping World?

You should buy 2 since having duals with different mileage(more wear on one and not the other) is not recommended. If nothing else move one front to the rear and put the new one on the front. Do you belong to FMCA? They have a deal with Michelin for members.

With AAA it would not be fraud. When I used to work in call receiver/dispatcher area at AAA people would call up asking if we could help them. We had the ability to sign them up on the phone to then provide them with service.

Yep! They let you. Gosh, FWG!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh tires! One of our favorite stories. For both of us, ours is a second marriage. Back in the day we found a wonderful brand spanking new class C and travelled the eastern seaboard from Rhode Island to Key West. The same motorhome was the cause of our most unexpected wedding anniversary present for our fifth year, rubber. Blew three tires on a trip to Georgia in the middle of no where, well most of I-75 is no where. We were able to procure new tires and bought the three others when we got home. So, the modern second marriage fifth anniversary gift is rubber! I hate tires!

The usual reason for the inside dual to be affected is 1) low tire pressure causing more sidewall flexing and 2) if you are on a two lane road the inside dual takes the full load if you ride the edge of the road a lot, outside dual will be in the air at the road edge.

Always run the pressure on the side wall and not what the RV states, yes it will be a little rougher ride but the tire will last longer.

Just my two cents, plus what the local truck tire shop has me do, haven't had a problem with tires in a long time since I started following the tire pressure on the sidewalls.

• 2 weeks later...

You ALWAYS run tires at the pressure indicated on the tag in the drivers door jam. The pressure on the tire is the maximum only. Every vehicle including chassis that are upfitted with RV bodies are required to calculate the correct tire pressure based on loading and tire size and load rating. This is done by engineers that use a "load inflation table" after all the vehicle/finished chassis informtaion is known.

• 2 weeks later...

Im have a hard time with this photo uploading thing. I lost the above tire going to a fire last Tuesday.  We had a heat index of 107 when it blew. The tire was replaced and before I could get the truck back home, it blew a second tire out. There all new on it now but Heat is the enemy with tires. Run slow in extreme heat!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

After having a cargo trailer tire go flat on the way to Sevierville in early July,  we had a van tire separate while taking some grandkids home.  The spare was a good one, but now I have four new Bridgestones on the van.

I'm happy our "new" Southwind has only six tires rather than 8 as the Suncruiser did/does.

One thing I've noticed is rv manufacturers put on the bare minimum tire they can. I upgraded from a 15" rim to a 16" rim and a 235/80/16 tire. Even fully inflated the 15's always had a sag on the sidewalls. I suspect they had this sag due to being too small for the camper. With the new tires the sidewalls have none and I notice it pulls much better. Once the sidewall get's hot you may as well forget it. Not saying bigger is better but I'd rather be over rated than under.