Finally got to the Biergarten

Well, after months of anticipation we finally came to the day we had ressies for the Biergarten in Epcot. I love German food and there are very few German places by our home. I would have to say that I really enjoyed the food and entertainment but wouldn't say WOW it's the best place I ever been. I guess I say that because there was not much the kids would eat. I don't know why they would not have a small kid buffet with the usuall chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese. Being a former chef I will have to say the meats were excellent especially the sauerbraten and the beef roladins. The cold salads could have come from a plastic tub but that's not why I was there. The kraut, cabbage, assortments of meets and sausages were great.

The um pa pa band was great and I was impressed by the guy playing the bells. The sharing tables with strangers was a bit over the top but we were seated with a nice family so it all worked out. I wanted a beer so bad but I knew I would get filled up on a liter and I was there for the food, so I passed.

Would we go there again? Definately the bill was only $10 more than chef Mickey the previous night and was 100% better. It made us realize that chef Mickey is starting to overprice themselves compared to other places but I guess it's not bad since you don't need to buy a $90 ticket to even see the place...lol

Thanks for the write up. Sounds like a pretty cool experience.

I've never made it past the little stand out front. A pretzel and whatever ale they are serving always greases the skid for the reat of my tour around the world.

So glad you enjoyed Biergarten!  We ate there when the kids were young.  It took me about 30 years to talk David into going back.  This time he enjoyed it, although it will probably be a few years before he will go again.  His favorite restaurant at EPCOT is Chefs de France.  Odd since he never eats French food at home.

Did you get to try the Potato Leek Soup?   That is my favorite thing there.  So good with some pretzel croutons on top.  Yum!

They had cream of asparagus not potato leek. If they did I would have taken the pot