WBI’s DisneyWorld Babymoon

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree.  You and CP look nothing like Sand People.     Congrats on the new career opportunity! I wish you all the best!

Meat cones=Gross

I read recently that they've discontinued the hat lady at R&C. I've never seen her, but she's popular, so I don't get that.

Don't you love how there's always a chair at the quiet pool? Do we need to spread the word to Fort freeloaders?

I read recently that they've discontinued the hat lady at R&C. I've never seen her, but she's popular, so I don't get that.

I swear I think anything I like they take it away. I hope she shows up somewhere else. I remember her saying she also had a gig at the Grand. I'll be looking into this. 

. ... You can get the ice cream sandwich other places but that was the only one we found that let you choose different types of cookies. 

I wonder how long the Starbucks contract is?

WBI

Bummer. I hope this will not be the last time I see these

c1d2ebcc.jpg

c1d2ebcc.jpg

That is the last time you're going to see those on a tray on a table where you can sit down and enjoy them out of the elements.

They took out all of the seating in the old bakery to make room for the crowds that have yet to materialize in the new Starbucks.

Now, you can get your ice cream sandwich at the ice cream shop or Sleepy Hollow, and go try to find a dirty sticky table somewhere out in the heat and humidity to eat like an animal.

TCD

That is the last time you're going to see those on a tray on a table where you can sit down and enjoy them out of the elements.

They took out all of the seating in the old bakery to make room for the crowds that have yet to materialize in the new Starbucks.

Now, you can get your ice cream sandwich at the ice cream shop or Sleepy Hollow, and go try to find a dirty sticky table somewhere out in the heat and humidity to eat like an animal.

TCD

Ok....Double Bummer

I way past due for a post so let's get going!

Ok, as usual I am going to comment on the food. 

That fish and chips would have ticked me off.  It's tiny!  What were they thinking?  I wonder if you were just unlucky, or are they skimping on them all now?

That cone sandwich honestly looks a bit nasty to me.  When I first saw them online I thought maybe the meatball one looked edible, but the rest don't look like something I would enjoy.  Would you get it again?

Finally....3 words.  Carrot.  Cake.  Cookie. 

We were pretty ticked about the fish, but I really think we were just unlucky. 

I have to admit the cone thing didn't look too good, but it wasn't horrible.  I would probably opt for a hot one next time, the chicken salad stuff had a lot of mayo.  No I probably wouldn't get it again, but CP might.

Carrot Cake Cookie, is the bomb.  Oh I should add we always get it at the place you talked about it's called Sweet Spells and is inside the Villain's store (or next to Staring Rolls).  We always get breakfast in the Writer's Stop but never the CCC.

Poor CP is suffering pregnancy brain, and it's only going to get worse so be prepared!

I think CP's Rapunzel looks great! We have yet to do Animation Academy. Some day we will.

I'm with Dave, meat cones :barf: what is on top of the chicken salad? Bacon bits?

The lights motor action or whatever it's called always seems to be at crummy times. We finally saw it this last trip. Someone DH and I got sperated and I ended up carrying DS up The steps. He was about 40 lbs at the time and I seriously thought I was going to die.

haha yes she is suffering pregnancy brain, thanks for the warning, I'll have to work on the patience a little more.

CP's Rapunzel does look good in that picture, but at the time we didn't think it was that good, that's funny.

Yes that was real bacon bits on top of the meat cone.  I would have liked it better if it was just a cone of bacon.

I agree.  It sure doesn't look like chicken salad.

I know right? But it was actually lots of chunks of chicken.

Great updates!

That is a very creepy photo of Pete.  But, that is one creepy little dude.

Thanks for taking one for the team and trying one of those meat cones.  I have that on my to do list, but it isn't a priority.  Good to hear that the chip trick still works.

I didn't know that the Monster's University topiary was moved from Epcot to outside of DHS.  Now I do.

I'm glad that you tried the Animation class, but I have to deduct major points from your grade on this TR for not including a photo of your drawing.  Fail.  I hope you try it again.  I saw who the teacher was in one of your photos, and I don't recognize him.  There are a few CM's who have been there for a while, and who do a great job leading the class.  It does make a difference who the CM is.

Thanks for including the photos of the big model of New Fantasyland.  I have studied that thing often, and it is amazing how accurate it is. 

Looking forward to the next update.

TCD

Yup Pete is a creeper.

Don't make the meat cone a priority.

Sorry about the no picture of the Rapunzel drawing but it was bad, real bad.  We might try it again one day when we have a kid with us, our whole DW experience will be a lot different then.

I agree about the model, they made that thing very accurate but I guess those imagineers need something to do, like color and make models.

Cute pictures!  Looks like you guys are having a great time!

I :heart:  Dr. Jones, too.

I have seen those odd cup/sandwich thingies as well.  The only one I thought I might try is the meatball one in the cone that was like a big corn chip I think.  And what's up with that teeny tiny fish?! 

The Monsters University display looks cool!  Like!

How did CP do with all the walking around?  Did she get tired more quickly than usual?  I know you guys probably missed getting to ride certain things.  We went to Boston when I was a good 6 months pregnant and I remember I was worried about it before we left, but it was really fine.  I did have to take more breaks than usual, though.  And that was the first time in my pregnancy that I REALLY missed being able to have a drink. 

CP did really good with all the walking.  She did get tired faster but we planned for that and tried to take breaks more often and not go back and forth across the park like we usually do.  Plus I usually wear out faster than she does so this way I never got tired either, lol.

She didn't really miss having a drink too much, I know she would have liked to have her usual wine in Italy and the UK though.  We did miss going to Jellyrolls, that's something we've always done but we didn't this trip because they smoke in there.  Funny you mention Boston, we had to go up there for a family thing in June it was a quick trip but one day we did get to tour around some and we did the same thing took more breaks and it really wasn't a problem for her.  I did get to have some beers though and CP missed out there too.

stupid double post

I'm gonna agree the Pete's Dragon dude is creepier than anything I've ever seen at Disney. 

I would've said something about the Fish N Chips. I told a waitress recently who disappeared that if she wanted a TIP she better not go away again like she's done with us.

My daughter and I like the animation academy. I'm not a good artist at all but it's fun and there is a guy who leads it that I enjoy doing his class.

The hat lady is a blast. I like going to R and C for a couple Guiness' and listen to her. 

Great report and congrats on the baby, 

I wanted to say something about the fish and chips but when you order in the Pub side your stuck because you pay first and they a food runner brings you the food and doesn't get a tip.  We should have been paying attention and caught her as she dropped it off but we weren't fast enough.

That's good to know about the Animation class, with all the good reviews I'm sure we'll try it again one day.

Glad to hear you like the Hat Lady too, I really hope she's still able to have a good time when she plays in the R&C and they don't change it too much.

And thanks!

Continuing the fine tradition of Fiend guards.  Check

Getting a dig in against the SMB version of the cinnamon roll.  Check

Skipping IASW.  Check

Pointing out that Pete is TCD's all-time favorite character.  Check

Naked chicks and stolen T-shirts at the Volcano pool.  That place has changed a lot since I was there in February.

Haha looks like I'm doing pretty good checking things off.

I. Love. This. TR.

There is too much to comment on but I'll say that I agree with CP... the weird empty corner WAS funny.  Great fireworks and MSEP photos! 

Thank you!

haha I'll let CP know that you agree about the corner, it was pretty funny at the time.

Meat cones=Gross

Don't you love how there's always a chair at the quiet pool? Do we need to spread the word to Fort freeloaders?

From what I read they discontinued the Hat Lady, but Carol is going to keep playing the piano with more traditional music.  I guess she won't be able to improve any more.

Yes I loved the quiet pool, it was much more my speed and you could always get a chair! 

That's a great idea the free loaders could move over there.

WBI

I swear I think anything I like they take it away. I hope she shows up somewhere else. I remember her saying she also had a gig at the Grand. I'll be looking into this. 

She is still there, she is only singing and playing the piano now.  No more stories.

At Rose and Crown or Grand Floridian?

I read somewhere that she's still at R&C but no more stories.

R&C

Yup that's what I've heard also, she's still going to play at the Rose and Crown but she will know longer wear the Hat Lady Outfit and improve like she used to, its going to be traditional music.

c1d2ebcc.jpg

Well as TCD so poetically put it below you can still get those ice cream sandwiches other places but you now have to eat outside.

Also we used to like to get a sugar cookie on one side and a chocolate chip cookie on the other but we tried at two places this past trip and they only had chocolate chip.

TCD

Well put TCD!

Also you can no longer choose your cookie type!

Ok....Double Bummer

ditto

LOL!  I love the dramatic flair. 

lol TCD posted a good one there didn't he.

Satan's Cartel SMBP.

That is all.

Yeah what he said!

WBI

Sorry for the delay everyone, I didn’t mean to take that long to post.

It’s now Thursday afternoon, we’ve had some pool and relaxing time now then got ready for a night out at Epcot.

We once again walked the short walk over to the TTC and caught the Monorail to Epcot, no crashes or breakdowns and we were there in no time.

We walked straight to the World Showcase starting in Mexico. We took a look inside but it was packed with a crazy long lines for the ride and the Tequila bar. So we continued wondering around.

Here we stopped in Germany:

DSC09314.jpg

DSC09315.jpg

While walking around we realized that we had a long time until our dinner reservations and with the crowds everywhere we didn’t have a lot we wanted to do. So when we got to Italy we decided to stop at the Tutto Gusto Wine Bar.

We were seated right away, somehow I didn’t get a single picture inside but we sat and enjoyed the ambiance and good service for quite a while. We’ve been here a few times before and the food can be quite expensive but one thing to remember is you can order everything a la carte (you don’t have to stick to their tasting plans) anyway I had some good wine and we had some very fresh brushetta, a pretty awesome canoli and I also had an espresso.

As we were leaving Italy we did the old picture swap with another couple. You know where they take your picture and you take theirs, we do that a lot.

DSC09316.jpg

DSC09317.jpg
Don’t we look patriotic!

Next we headed over to American Adventure to watch the show there but we didn’t time it to well and we didn’t fill like waiting for the next one so we moved on.

We were able to walk right into the France show Reflections of France. We went to Paris last year and loved it so we like the show, plus the AC and comfortable seats help. I should add that the theater was full, I’ve never see that before

After that we looked around in the UK, and Canada. We saw the Canada 360 show, we’ve never been to Canada but we really want to because of that show, lol.

DSC09319.jpg

DSC09320.jpg

DSC09321.jpg

Then it was time for our dinner in LeCeller!

Here’s the best I could do for pictures in there:
DSC09327.jpg

DSC09328.jpg

Review Time:
This was our third trip together to LeCeller. This trip we planned on just trying a few small new things to be a little cheaper. Our first two times we sat in a corner and it was pretty secluded and a little quieter. This time we were on the opposite side of the restaurant, really close to a family of five and a table of three couples.

Our service started great, fast drinks and fast pretzel bread. We noticed the family of five were also having a good meal with some nice looking appetizers (they had the same server as us). After we ordered it went downhill, our server disappeared. CP’s dinner salad arrived pretty fast after about five minutes I got my steak; obviously something happened with that delay. The family of five notices this and it becomes evident that we got our food before them even though there were here way before us. They flag down our server and complain, he says that it was because they accidently brought out CP’s salad early thinking it was an appetizer salad not her meal. We are literally inches from this families table so we heard everything. I should add this family was super polite and handled everything very well. Then when they did get their food and start eating, the father flags down the server to not worry about the wine saying it’s too late. You could tell the father was not happy and I don’t blame him he never got his bottle of wine.

While all this was going on CP proceeded to drink all her water and all mine but at this point we are no longer getting any attention from servers. Was it a horrible experience for us? No not at all, we still loved the food and had a great meal, but it was no where as good as previous experiences we had there.

Now I told you that long story because I want to put this out there. The table of three couples on the other side of us had an amazing waitress. She was there constantly, refilling drinks, giving recommendations, talking etc. Think about how different the reviews will be from the 3-couple table vs. the family of five table. If you ask the couples they would give it five stars but I bet the family of five won’t be back. We on the other hand know how great it can be and will go back one day after we try some other places. I just want to throw that out there as a reminder to always get more than one opinion and not let one bad review deter you from something.

Moving on:
Check out the crowds:
DSC09329.jpg

We decided to head to Germany to the Caramel shop.

This is on the bridge to France.
DSC09330.jpg

Look what we spotted between France and Morocco:
DSC09333.jpg

What the Fort?!?!

That guy had a hammock strung up between a tree and a light/speaker post.

The lady in front of him is asking him about it and taking his picture, saying how great an idea that is.

DSC09334.jpg

I think that’s BS, what’s next bringing your lawn chairs and canopy tents to stake out your space?

DSC09335.jpg

We got to American Adventure in time to listen to Slippery When Wet.

You know what?

They were pretty dang good! We ended up watching them for a while!

We took this picture to remember the baby’s first concert, Slippery When Wet, lol.

DSC09337.jpg

More crowds:

DSC09338.jpg

We got to Germany and found the line wasn’t too bad in Werthers; we got some caramel corn and a rice crispy treat. The popcorn wasn’t as good as normal, plus we were pretty stuffed so we didn’t eat much of it, but don’t worry I saved it for later.

Then we headed back to Canada to find a spot for Illuminations, we wanted to be close to the front to help with our exit.

Illuminations was great as usual, I didn’t take any fireworks pictures though, but I did grab these of Canada:

DSC09341.jpg

DSC09343.jpg

The special Fourth of July portion was actually really good. We were really surprised by all the fireworks. It was really amazing how close you are to them!

When they were done we slowly made our way to the Monorail and back to the hotel.

In my next post we finally try Tonga Toast!

Happy Fourth of July

WBI

Another weekend post:

It’s now Friday morning, we were up and ready for our 8am breakfast at Kona Café!

There was no crowd and before you know it we had our Kona coffee.

DSC09344.jpg

I liked it, not bad at all.

We decided to share today so CP got some kind of omelet and I got the Tonga Toast!!!

DSC09345.jpg

It was great!!! I regretted having to share, lol. CP liked it so much she tried it again in Captain Cooke's later on in the trip.

After our breakfast we hopped a bus to Animal Kingdom.

Guess the first thing we saw:

DSC09346.jpg

The weird bush lady Devine was real close to the entrance.

Then we spotted this:

DSC09348.jpg
For the record I was allowed to take that picture, CP approved so I could show everyone. This picture doesn’t really do it justice but her butt was hanging out and her family didn’t seem to care, you can also see she didn’t have much of a shirt either. I should add they were not from this land.

We ended up seeing that family all over AK.

After seeing that we headed over to Asia so I could get a fast pass for Expedition Everest, I thought I should at least ride one roller coaster.

DSC09350.jpg

DSC09351.jpg

DSC09352.jpg

Here’s a neat looking bench:

DSC09353.jpg

DSC09354.jpg

DSC09355.jpg

Then we hit up its Tough to Be a Bug

DSC09358.jpg

DSC09359.jpg

Tree of Life
DSC09360.jpg

DSC09362.jpg

Then it was time for the Lion King Show, CP’s favorite.
DSC09365.jpg

DSC09366.jpg

DSC09367.jpg

DSC09368.jpg

DSC09370.jpg

DSC09371.jpg

DSC09373.jpg

DSC09374.jpg

We cut through Africa to walk around some and see animals.

Backside of Tree of Life.

DSC09375.jpg

DSC09376.jpg

Sleeping Tiger

DSC09377.jpg

Then I cashed in my FP and found that and the FP line was long, a BTG was in the FP line. The line was moving so slowing I bailed and checked the singer rider line, same thing there, so no roller coaster for me. Ah nbd.

Did I mention that we had BTGs everywhere this trip? I knew they would be there but still its mind boggling they bring so many teenagers. How can they be responsible for that many kids, I’ve never heard of US tour groups with that many teenagers, but what do I know.

Do they charter planes to get there?

Have you ever seen them when they get back from shopping? We once saw a group last year at Caribbean Beach Resort that must have just been shopping they had tons of bags, new suit cases, new laptops and all kinds of clothes and gadgets. Things must be pretty good in Brazil these days.

Two more pics on our way out:

DSC09378.jpg

DSC09379.jpg

Next up we hit the Grand Floridian for a counter service lunch before our mid day break.

WBI

Fort shirt!

Props on the Tonga Toast!

DIT's eyes are going to melt when he sees the weed lady.

Butt cheek lady should definitely get a new look......what happened to leaving something to the imagination?

I am on the fence about hammock dude.  To give him props or not.  I agree I don't want numerous hammocks and lawn chairs etc staking out spots.  What's next tenting like the nerds who sleep outside Best Buy or the Apple store for the latest gadgets? :rofl2:

I meant to say this in my other post.....

My wife and I have visited Disney while she was pregnant with each one of our 3 kids. We add these trips to the running total for each kid. The girls think that it is awesome that they were at Disney even before they were born. 

I bet that the little imagineer will think so too. 

Thanks for posting a warning before the picture of Devine. 

Oh, wait.  You didn't do that. 

Are you not aware of Fort Fiends Rule 226-4F?  It's a long one, but let me paraphrase for you. 

NO DEVINE PICS....EVER!!! 

Now I need to flush my eyes out with Roundup. 

Oh, and butt lady should come with a warning too.  That cannot be unseen.

But alas, the entire update wasn't a train wreck.  The Tonga Toast picture rocks!  And you and CP look like such happy parents-to-be.  And FOTLK is incredible!  But as strong as you finished, I still need to give the last update an F.  You can't spring Weed Woman pics on me and not get a failing grade.  Let this be a lesson for you. 

You guys are so CUTE!!!! Love the Fort shirt!

YUM, Tonga Toast. That's some good stuff.

BTG suck. I took a group of my high school students to Italy and Greece once. I didn't let them chant in lines and act like idiots though. And there were only 15 of them and 3 adults. We actually had a great time.

Dave might never forgive you....

Great updates, WBI!

I can't believe the hammock guy.  If this is allowed, I am going to bring mine every weekend to the Food and Wine Festival.  I could really use a place to rest. 

Also, the next time they have one of those 24 hour days, I could maybe hang my hammock over on Tom Sawyer Island and save the cost of renting a site at the Fort.

Good job on getting that photo.

And also the What Not to Wear photo.  LOL!

Nice Camo hat with your Fort t-shirt.  Geaux Tigers.

TCD