Rumor about 2014 ad campaign... Show your Disney side

My girls see all kinds of things on Tumbler, including Disneybounding.

But this is not a big thing in the parks.

Disneybounding is where a group of freaks guests get together and use regular clothes to represent Disney characters.  For example, these freaks guests, are supposed to be Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy:

tumblr_mqiw8zwEyc1qg1vm8o3_r1_1280.jpg

Um.

There's no way this is going to become mainstream.

TCD

My girls see all kinds of things on Tumbler, including Disneybounding.

But this is not a big thing in the parks.

Disneybounding is where a group of freaks guests get together and use regular clothes to represent Disney characters.  For example, these freaks guests, are supposed to be Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy:

tumblr_mqiw8zwEyc1qg1vm8o3_r1_1280.jpg

Um.

There's no way this is going to become mainstream.

TCD

I hate to break this to you, but its already happening. On any given day I see at least 20 groups doing this. Mostly its the princesses, but have seen the princes portrayed too. The above photo is the first Ive seen any of the Fab 5 portrayed. And frankly do not see the resemblance. But have seen Mike and Sully, Snow White and all seven dwarves, Flynn and Rapunzel, and so on.  

My daughter is very into Disney bounding.  There is a website where you can create outfits - polyvore.com.  I have even created some myself.  But if I get a vote on Disney's advertising campaign for next year, I would definitely beg them to bring back Give a Day, Get a day so i could bring my crew back to WDW and FW.

Here is a link to some outfits I have put together.  Not all are Disneybound.

http://wildwomenzrule.polyvore.com/?filter=sets

My daughter is very into Disney bounding.  There is a website where you can create outfits - polyvore.com.  I have even created some myself.  But if I get a vote on Disney's advertising campaign for next year, I would definitely beg them to bring back Give a Day, Get a day so i could bring my crew back to WDW and FW.

Here is a link to some outfits I have put together.  Not all are Disneybound.

http://wildwomenzrule.polyvore.com/?filter=sets

How do I get my hands on Merida and Amelia Earhart?  I really like those outfits.

Oh, nevermind.  I figured it out and OUCH my kids would not be going to college I dressed myself with that much money.

I hate to break this to you, but its already happening. On any given day I see at least 20 groups doing this. Mostly its the princesses, but have seen the princes portrayed too. The above photo is the first Ive seen any of the Fab 5 portrayed. And frankly do not see the resemblance. But have seen Mike and Sully, Snow White and all seven dwarves, Flynn and Rapunzel, and so on.  

20 groups a day??

Whoa.

I guess I've been lucky not to see them.

I find this whole thing crazy.

But what do I know?

TCD

And frankly do not see the resemblance.

The girl on the left is wearing a black top, red skirt, and a touch of yellow on the sneakers, those are Mickey's colors.

The guy is wearing blue pants/jeans, orange shirt, brown vest, and tan boots, those are Goofy's colors

The girl with the blue top and white, Donald's colors, but the girl that's supposed to be Minnie doesn't make sense to me.

The girl on the left is wearing a black top, red skirt, and a touch of yellow on the sneakers, those are Mickey's colors.

The guy is wearing blue pants/jeans, orange shirt, brown vest, and tan boots, those are Goofy's colors

The girl with the blue top and white, Donald's colors, but the girl that's supposed to be Minnie doesn't make sense to me.

None of it makes sense to me.

TCD

How do I get my hands on Merida and Amelia Earhart?  I really like those outfits.

Oh, nevermind.  I figured it out and OUCH my kids would not be going to college I dressed myself with that much money.

Yes, this definitely is not the cheap way to do it.  I just enjoy coordinating the outifts.

My daughter has gone out with friends in Disneybound-type outfits, but it is mostly coordinating pieces she has with what she finds at the thrift store.  Like she wore gray shirt and skirt with a pink fuzzy bow in her hair to evoke Eeyore. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'd never heard of Disney bounding, but it's the type of thing I find fascinating. There are so many colors and so many characters, I'm sure I can accidentally "be" someone almost every day of my vacation. And if this is a "promotion" will there be some sort of reward or prize for the best Disney side. Show up at park opening and get to be in the parade. A parade of people dressed this way (zzzzzzzz). I wonder. 

cinnamon%20roll%20hat.jpg

Oh man Dave. How has Aaron not seen this yet? Someone send up the cinnamon roll signal and get his attention

It gives new meaning to Bunhead.  Or is it Rollhead?  I am so confused.

Somebody quick give me a MSB cinnamon roll! 

I will take crock-pot cinnamon rolls too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...