My Disney Experience & Magic Bands & Fastpass+

Wait.

What do you mean you have 10 MyMagic devices?

You are using expired room keys?

Can I do that?

If I could register 10 devices, then can I get 10 Fastpasses even if my party is smaller? We can each carry a couple or three devices and beat the system?

TCD

No. The old keys are deactivated and not associated to anything. But they are still on your account. Ony the current reservation medium works and its still only one account so even if all 10 were active, they all work as one. Does that make sense? So you still only get your 3 FPs like normal. You would need 10 different accounts with 10 different reservations and names to beat the system like you're thinking.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New C.O.P. scene........   Look at that family of four walking through the hub and bumping into other people staring at their little gizmos Ma.  Isn't it cute?  I mean the four of them walking around

Oh well, at least we can still have an ooey-gooey warm MSB cinnamon roll.

We should change that smiley to beating a cinnamon roll....

No. The old keys are deactivated and not associated to anything. But they are still on your account. Ony the current reservation medium works and its still only one account so even if all 10 were active, they all work as one. Does that make sense? So you still only get your 3 FPs like normal. You would need 10 different accounts with 10 different reservations and names to beat the system like you're thinking.

If you can only get 3 FP's per person, what's the point of having 10 devices active?

TCD

As I understand it, the difference is that instead of using the PP card, guests will use either the MB or a RFID enabled card, is that correct?

Once again, my predictions are coming true.  I predicted on this site several months back that we would see a day where you'd have to reserve a time to use the bathroom at Disney World.  And now with your disclosure of the so-called "PP card" that day has apparently arrived. 

Once again, my predictions are coming true.  I predicted on this site several months back that we would see a day where you'd have to reserve a time to use the bathroom at Disney World.  And now with your disclosure of the so-called "PP card" that day has apparently arrived. 

Wow.  I missed this. I never imagined that you would need a specific card depending on what you planned to do in the restroom.  So, is there a BM card?

TCD

BUT, you are forgetting, the MyMagic+ system is THE system now. It doesn't matter if you use the MB or the RFID card, you are doing the same exact thing. The ONLY difference will be instead of waving your arm in front of a portal, you have to dig out your key card. As a matter of fact, I have 10 MyMagic+ devices linked to my MyDisneyExperience system. Nine RFID enabled cards and one MB. The nine cards are the 9 keys I have gotten during my stay at the Fort. AP pass holders can link their AP to their account as well and eventually, CMs will use it for their Maingate pass (starting this month). Eventually whenever you check in, you will need to have an account with mydisneyexperience.

OK that explains why the My magic bands and cards section on my account keeps growing. I have 4 cards now.  They really should just remove the old deactivated cards from our list its just confusing. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw someone's account of their recent experience with the Magic Bands out on the interwebz.  I don't know the person, and it's not a fan site article, so without their permission I won't copy/paste.  But here's the gist...

Partway through their stay they tried making FP selections for a park a few days out, but still within their length of stay (i.e., their linked tickets were still valid).  They got an error message saying they didn't have a valid park admission, even though they actually had 2 days left.

Guest Relations told them that there's currently a glitch in the system where it assumes you're using all your park days in a row, so if you skip a day, it assumes you have no days left (weird).  The CM helped them schedule their FP+ selections but no word on when/how the glitch will be fixed.

I've only slightly kept up with how all this is going to work. Too many posts "out there" with guesses and rumors and things that are being tested. I like to wait until something is definite before I stress my brain by learning about it. Especially since I won't need to use it any time soon. However, in June I "invested" in 8 day non-expiration tickets for our family of 5 from Undercover Tourist at the pre-price increase price.  They will cover as of now unplanned trips over the next 5 years probably.  Will these tickets ever be able to be used with the new system?

I've only slightly kept up with how all this is going to work. Too many posts "out there" with guesses and rumors and things that are being tested. I like to wait until something is definite before I stress my brain by learning about it. Especially since I won't need to use it any time soon. However, in June I "invested" in 8 day non-expiration tickets for our family of 5 from Undercover Tourist at the pre-price increase price. They will cover as of now unplanned trips over the next 5 years probably. Will these tickets ever be able to be used with the new system?

Probably have to exchange them for an RFID ticket at some point but shouldn't be any issues

We went back over to WDW last weekend and used the MB and FP+ system again with great success.  One of our FP+ was for BTMRR Sunday afternoon and a thunderstorm came through and closed the ride during our FP time and wI got an Email telling me that my selection was temporarily unavailable so we were giving a list of about 8 rides including BTMRR, that we could substitute and the time was extended until the park closed.  This was great because it gave us a walk-on FP for any of the major rides.

I was able to make FP+ selections Monday (Labor Day) morning at the MK was able to get any of the selections I wanted and at the time I wanted. We even changed one selection for BTMRR to Buzz light-year.  We had gone over to BTMRR a little early and the wait time was only 10 mins so I didn't want to waste a FP when the line was so short. MK was note crowed at all Monday by the way which really surprised me. I don't know if MK staying open until 3 AM the day before was a factor or not but it was very nice to have short lines for most of the day.  

Only had one thing we could not do. We still had 3 FP+ left and with the lines so short anyway I wanted to cancel the rest of the FP+ at MK and book EE at AK for later that evening but I keep getting an error msg about data retrieval.  I am not sure what the error really was for.  I know you can only book at one park but I thought if I canceled everything left maybe we could book that number of FP+ at another park.

Anyway I am still loving the MBs and as long as the system does not bog down when everyone is onboard it going to be a great thing. I do wish the Android phone app was faster and more user friendly.  The app on my iPad is great but I don't want to bring it into the parks.

The app on my iPad is great but I don't want to bring it into the parks.

Come on Harold, get with the times.

You are supposed to bring your iPad into the parks and stand in front of as many people as possible at a fireworks show and use it to videotape the entire display.

Don't you know anything?

j/k  thanks for the update.  It seems like you lucked into something here with getting the MB's way ahead of the rest of the passholders.  Until there is a full roll-out of the program for all guests, you are going to have it made.  Even when the rest of us finally get our MB's you will be ahead of the curve in terms of knowing how to use them.

TCD

Has Disney announced yet if they are going to add Main St Bakery to FP+ so I can skip the long lines for cinnamon rolls in the morning?

They have gone one step further.  You don't even have to go to the MSB they just charge you CC on file and you lick the screen on your phone.  The taste is a little off or maybe I need to clean my phone but they taste is at least as good as the cinnamon rolls you get from story book circus.

Come on Harold, get with the times.

You are supposed to bring your iPad into the parks and stand in front of as many people as possible at a fireworks show and use it to videotape the entire display.

Don't you know anything?

TCD

Armatures! I use a golf umbrella for the fireworks or any show  that I need a little extra personal space.

They have gone one step further.  You don't even have to go to the MSB they just charge you CC on file and you lick the screen on your phone.  The taste is a little off or maybe I need to clean my phone but they taste is at least as good as the cinnamon rolls you get from story book circus.

Brilliant!  A cinnamon roll app.  Do they charge extra for a hint of pork flavoring?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has alread been addressed.  My friend Joyce will be at WDW next week and she has a magic band.  She received her online check in email this morning, went to the link provided, but couldn't find anyplace to check in.  She's using her iphone so she asked me to try to do it for her.  I can't find anything at the link provided to check in either.  It's very confusing.  I sent her the link to the standard online check in site.  

My daughter who is in the army is joining us on our trip Oct 12 - Oct 22, so she is purchasing the 4 day park hopper military tickets for us all. Will we be able to link those to our MDE and then be able to create the MB and make FP+ reservations?  TIA

Angela

If the reservation is test eligible. If it is not, no MB or FP+.

Sorry if this has alread been addressed.  My friend Joyce will be at WDW next week and she has a magic band.  She received her online check in email this morning, went to the link provided, but couldn't find anyplace to check in.  She's using her iphone so she asked me to try to do it for her.  I can't find anything at the link provided to check in either.  It's very confusing.  I sent her the link to the standard online check in site.  

Not sure. I just went on and did online check in for my next reservation and everything worked fine for me. Tell her to go through the app or MDE website and follow the link there.

If the reservation is test eligible. If it is not, no MB or FP+.

Not sure. I just went on and did online check in for my next reservation and everything worked fine for me. Tell her to go through the app or MDE website and follow the link there.

The link in the email took her to MDE and there wasn't an online check in option there that either of us could find.  I just sent her a text to try checking in with the app.  Thanks for the suggestion.