I just called to check on our reservation for next weekend (happy dance) and the front desk employee could see that the 1500 loop was requested and he said "it looks like it will be available for you".  So, I do my quick lil (happy) dance and then proceed to ask "Is that a pet friendly loop".  I had to ask cause I have seen other post on here that say it is NOT a pet friendly loop HOWEVER I did tell the travel agent our friends were bringing their puppy.  The gentleman proceeded to say "we don't normally let pets in this loop cause most people go visit the parks"  I explained to him that we don't need no park - WE ARE AT THE FORT MAN!!!!!  

My question is, do I just go and enjoy my 1500 loop so the kids can just skip to the pool and ask for forgiveness cause we have the puppy or do I man up and go to a so called "pet friendly" loop?  

Travel agent made a boo-boo... 1500 is a partial hookup, as is 2000.  Both are not pet loops.

In order for you to move to a pet loop you'd need to upgrade to full hookup, preferred or premium.

All full hookup loops are pet loops.  300 is the only pet loop in preferred, and there are a bunch of premium loops that are pet loops.

I have been in both 1500 and 2000 loop when others had pets. The 1500 loop backs up to the 1600 which is a pet loop so 1500 might as well be.  At least 1/3 the loop have pet sites right behind them. If your animal is well behaved and will be supervised and safe in what your camping in I think the partials would be ok. But then again its not Harold's campground (no mater how much money I spend there) its Fort Wilderness and they get to make the rules then chose to ignore them not me.

I was allowed to stay on the 1500 loop with my dog. It was not a mistake.  I showed up at check in, told them I had a pet, and they said no problem.  But,  I know from first hand experience that others have been upgraded to pet loops at check in when they have shown up with a pet and had only reserved a partial hook-up site.  So, it all depends on who checks you in.  I would not try to sneak the pet in.  If you're on a non-pet loop and you've snuck the pet in and it causes a problem, you are going to have a problem. If you show up with a pet and they say you can't have it on a partial site, and there are no sites available to upgrade to,  that would not be very magical.

All of that said, I personally would not do it again in the future.  There are guests who choose to stay on non-pet loops for a variety of reasons.  I think it's rude and bad form to intentionally bring a pet onto a non-pet loop. 

I am sorry that I did it.

TCD

I have a stupid question, do I stay on a pet loop if I have two cats?

I have never been to the fort and just getting info for a future visit.

Thanks

If you "follow the rules" yes. It is a pet loop not just a dog loop and they say there is a $5.00 per day additional fee for pets.

Well, this is where my problem is!

It should NOT be based on WHO checks you in.   PERIOD!  Either you can OR you can NOT!

I am not by no means sneaking in the dog.  I have been up front with the information.  

:faceplant2: 

I just want to have a damn drink at the Fort and no drama!

If you want no drama, then change your reservation.

I agree that it should not matter WHO checks you in, but it does.  As I said, I showed up once with my dog and a reservation for a partial site, and was given the paperwork to sign when a guest has a pet, and allowed to go on my merry way to the 1500 loop.  I personally know of another guest who did the same thing, and he was required to upgrade to a pet loop by the castmember at check in.

Rules should be a simple matter. But nothing is black and white at the Fort. There are rules in the printed materials they give you and posted on the comfort station bulletin boards.  I promise you that you will see guests violate these rules right in front of castmembers and not a word will be said.  Then there are unwritten rules that castmembers will come around and enforce inconsistently.  Go and get that drink and try to not let it bother you.

TCD

Pets in the 1500 loop is kinda odd as they do not allow pets in a pop up in a partial site BUT you can have them in a pop up in a full hook up or better site.  I don't understand it but maybe it has something to do with tents and more noise can be heard in a tent or pop up, thus exciting the pet.  Sometimes pets can do major damage to canvas.  Imagine what a good sized dog could do to canvas held on with velcro.  If a dog were to see a local wild (haha) animal, they might be on a mission.   Not everyone keeps them kenneled in their RV.

I try to follow the rules. and most of the time i do. except the speed limit. So I would try to get a pet friendly loop. Even if it cost me more. Like others have said what if you get there and there isn't a pet loop open. I guess technically they could refuse to let you in or make you take your pet to the kennel. I don't think it's worth the risk. Good luck.