Monkey Business At Da-FIENDed Creek!

Oh wow, that was not a good emergency at all.  Glad nobody was hurt badly.  I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that the monkey still hasn't shown up.

That photo of Izzy and Stella is precious!

And don't worry about the sibling conflicts, when all the girls are older, you will be amazed at how well they will get along.  It happened with my sisters, and it has happened with my daughters. 

Dave- did you notice how close you are to your 12,000th post?

How about some kind of celebration/controversy ala FWG?

TCD

It's odd...some of my daughters have been close since birth.  Others have clashed.  The years go by, but so far it hasn't changed.  But I know INC had an experience like you are relaying, so I have hope. 

Stay tuned for post 12,000.  I need to come up with something. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend!    Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not fami

I have to say, I am very pleased with how this little trip report is turning out.  There are enough sidebars, tangents and hijacks to annoy the heck out of Bob.  I'm having fun!

I can tell you everynight since the mad Gorrilla sighting I have had to check closets and under neath beds for Izzy and Xander, I gave them the glow necklaces and I wish we had video of the lot of the

Caught up and have a few comments:

1. the bucket of gravy. Yes, that is fantastic. Did it not come with a straw or an IV delivery system?

2. Bacon - Have you ever tried Bentons Bacon? It is made in East TN and apparently is all the rage these days. 

3. Nice sweatshirt YC....go vols.

4. Glad the emergency was handled swiftly and there were no major issues.

I had forgotten all about Stella's emergency.  She was such a trooper!  Before you knew it she was off playing with the other kids.

Jessica has some pictures from her IPod that she and the other kids took. I can share them on here if the parents are ok with it.  Just let me know.

Caught up and have a few comments:

1. the bucket of gravy. Yes, that is fantastic. Did it not come with a straw or an IV delivery system?

2. Bacon - Have you ever tried Bentons Bacon? It is made in East TN and apparently is all the rage these days. 

3. Nice sweatshirt YC....go vols.

4. Glad the emergency was handled swiftly and there were no major issues.

I need to develop an IV system for distributing Judy's gravy.  That's a million dollar idea. 

I need to look into this Benton's Bacon you speak of....

I had forgotten all about Stella's emergency.  She was such a trooper!  Before you knew it she was off playing with the other kids.

Jessica has some pictures from her IPod that she and the other kids took. I can share them on here if the parents are ok with it.  Just let me know.

Fine with me.  The more pics the better....and most of mine are confined to the space under my awning.  Some pics from the perspective of the kids would be good. 

I hope all the parents agree that you can share Jessica's photos.

If she has any photos of the monkey, please post those too.

Go Braves.

TCD

Poor Stella, Tell INC she isnt alone in not handling the blood well, Makayla came running to me like she was the one bleeding and she shed alittle tear for Stella, she is at that awkward age where she is to tough for mom most of the time, so it made me feel good she came running when she was worried about Stella and needed a hug..

Did anyone ever get a picture of that Monkey?  Xander is STILL talking about it..

Let's move right along with some FFPPF.....Fort Fiends Potluck Pood Forn! 

Bob made it back from the ball games around 4:00, and more sitting and talking ensued.  At some point, I wandered back to the Casa de Pepe (a name bestowed on our first TT as we bought it so INC would have a bathroom), and started fixing some food for the potluck.  We had agreed that we'd shoot for 6pm to begin the feast. 

Fiends began wandering over to our site at some point, where we began talking and laughing some more.  Anna took some ripboard lessons from one of the YC boys.

DSCN2821.JPG

She got that board moving pretty fast down hill and ended up going right into the lake. 

Ok, that didn't actually happen.  But if it had, YC would have given chase. 

Fiends all came over carrying pots of goodness.  Here are some pics of the evening's offerings. 

DIT Crockpot Mac n Cheese.

DSCN2822.JPG

By the way, I love crockpot liners. 

I also made a Banana Pepper Dip with peppers from the DIT garden.

DSCN2823.JPG

Yvonne brought over a chicken and bean dish that was really tasty.

DSCN2824.JPG

Being German, I hurt myself on Judy's pork and saurkraut.  Washed down with an Octoberfest, I felt like I was at the Biergarten. 

DSCN2825.JPG

Mrs YC brought a huge pot of meatballs.  I took the first picture before they were stirred.....so had to take a second to show how saucy they were.

DSCN2826.JPG

After stirring.

DSCN2827.JPG

Somebody came up with the idea to take meatballs and put them on a hotdog bun, making a meatball sub of sorts.  Might have been one of the YC boys?  Those looked good. 

Kathy's pasta salad.

DSCN2828.JPG

Mrs YC's corn dip.  Sounds weird, tastes great.

DSCN2829.JPG

I decided that saurkraut does not only have to be washed down with a German style beer.  Russian beer does the trick too. 

DSCN2830.JPG

I call this picture "Fiends In Heaven". 

DSCN2831.JPG

You can tell the weather was in between being warm and being cool.  Some people have on long sleeves, some have short sleeves. 

DSCN2832.JPG

Little Fiends checking out the offerings.

DSCN2833.JPG

Carol was worried that we were all going to load up on unhealthy stuff, so she brought some fruit.  :rofl3:

DSCN2834.JPG

We all ate until we could eat no more....and then we ate some more. 

And I haven't even gotten to dessert yet. 

That is coming up.  Which will also bring us to an encounter with some strobe lights.  And maybe a monkey. 

Prior to the Potluck, 3 WWW in training approached their respective mothers to share with them a plan they had hatched.

It seems they wanted to have a sleepover in the tent Jessica and I were using. I was a bit concerned as to what they planned to do with me, but they had that all figured out. I would be staying in Judy's camper.

I do believe I got the better end of that deal!

I need to develop an IV system for distributing Judy's gravy.  That's a million dollar idea. 

Nope - no good.  IV's bypass the tastebuds.  That, I believe, would be a tragedy. 

My first experience with sausage gravy was at WWW'13.  Oh my, what a delight!

Go Braves!  (Can we get a smilie appropriate to this sentitment?)

No, I brought just plain ole fruit. My cook was laid up, so had to make a Wal-Mart run, and fruit, cole slaw and pie was easy.  I did bring toasted almond fixings :)

Oh and thanks to the Fiends I didn't miss dinner.  I made a comment earlier that if I laid down, I might miss dinner. Well I had gone back to the camper to do something and was going to watch a bit of TV, next thing I know the Fiend kids are banging knocking sweetly on my door to let me know dinner was ready, so I put them to work and they carried stuff over to the GG for me. I was parked a bit away from everyone, cause I booked a site steps from the bath house.

Fruit?

You made that last part up.

Had me going there for a minute.

TCD

You're right.  I made it up, and found a picture of some fruit online. 

My guess is it was soaked in alcohol?

No, as Carol says below, it was regular, healthy fruit.  And tasty fruit at that. 

Nope - no good.  IV's bypass the tastebuds.  That, I believe, would be a tragedy. 

My first experience with sausage gravy was at WWW'13.  Oh my, what a delight!

Go Braves!  (Can we get a smilie appropriate to this sentitment?)

What was I thinking?  Scratch the IV idea.  how about a funnel? 

No, I brought just plain ole fruit. My cook was laid up, so had to make a Wal-Mart run, and fruit, cole slaw and pie was easy.  I did bring toasted almond fixings :)

Oh and thanks to the Fiends I didn't miss dinner.  I made a comment earlier that if I laid down, I might miss dinner. Well I had gone back to the camper to do something and was going to watch a bit of TV, next thing I know the Fiend kids are banging knocking sweetly on my door to let me know dinner was ready, so I put them to work and they carried stuff over to the GG for me. I was parked a bit away from everyone, cause I booked a site steps from the bath house.

LOL!  I didn't know we had sent them over to frighten you gently wake you out of a slumber. 

What a great looking feast! Right now  am doing a lot of this........ :banghead:

Us too. 

Prior to the Potluck, 3 WWW in training approached their respective mothers to share with them a plan they had hatched.

It seems they wanted to have a sleepover in the tent Jessica and I were using. I was a bit concerned as to what they planned to do with me, but they had that all figured out. I would be staying in Judy's camper.

I do believe I got the better end of that deal!

Right! 

I can't forget this important fact.  Because I had planned on sneaking over to the tent late that night and scaring the stuffing out of them.  But after the monkey incident, I didn't have the heart to do this.