Monkey Business At Da-FIENDed Creek!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend!    Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not fami

I have to say, I am very pleased with how this little trip report is turning out.  There are enough sidebars, tangents and hijacks to annoy the heck out of Bob.  I'm having fun!

I can tell you everynight since the mad Gorrilla sighting I have had to check closets and under neath beds for Izzy and Xander, I gave them the glow necklaces and I wish we had video of the lot of the

Great pics! I love the campground. It looks so peaceful. Maybe some of you that have made these delicious dishes wouldn't mind sharing the recipes? Us northerners don't know how to make sausage and gravy like southerners do.

I agree....I'm always looking for a new crock pot recipe. Nothing better than coming back to the camper after a day in the parks to a cooked dinner!

Re: The toasted almonds that several have referred to. The tasty nuts baked in the oven or the drink that Carol posted in the recipe section... or both?

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

The drink. 

I actually didn't get one this trip, but I know that I walked away from the gathering for 5 minutes at one point and came back to INC having one in her hand.  The toasted almond happens quickly. 

Caught up and have a few comments:

3. Nice sweatshirt YC....go vols.

4. Glad the emergency was handled swiftly and there were no major issues.

Go Vols,  We will continue to take some lumps but it will turn out fine.  I bought that sweatshirt in the bookstore in the late 80's or early 90's when I was in school there. Pre-dates Mrs. YC.  I had classes with both Reggie Cobb and Carl Pickens at different times. We were on the rise.  We went 5-6 in 88 and bounced back to 11-1 in 89. If we did it once we can do it again soon.  

Anyway I am proud to say it has held up well and better yet, It still fits!

Years of lifeguarding... a little bit of blood in the hair is old hat for me.  Stella is a trooper!

Let me start with saying that I am very glad Stella is okay.  With 6 kids, and 4 of them boys, you would think I would deal with blood a lot, but I really don't.  I did once get told i couldn't donate blood for 6 months because i had touched one of my children's blood.  i appealled, they apologized, and i am back to trying to donate every 8 weeks. :D

Marty, it's hard to believe you live in the south and never had sausage gravy before then!

It was also only recently that i had grits, other than the gelled facismile served in the hospital.  I guess I don't get out much.  (OTOH, with children with very pervasive food allergies, no one invites to their house to eat because we can nver eat the food.)

What was I thinking?  Scratch the IV idea.  how about a funnel? 

I could get on board with a funnel.

Re: The toasted almonds that several have referred to. The tasty nuts baked in the oven or the drink that Carol posted in the recipe section... or both?

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

I missed a drink recipe?  Thank good ness I got these new glasses so i can go look for it.

I will repost

Put ice in a cup, pour Kahlua in the cup however much you want, pour half n half in the cup, then pour a splash or two of amaretto, stir or mix back and forth in two cups and enjoy!!

It may take you a drink or two or three to figure out how much Kahlua you like in the cup (but by then you won't care!!!)

I will repost

Put ice in a cup, pour Kahlua in the cup however much you want, pour half n half in the cup, then pour a splash or two of amaretto, stir or mix back and forth in two cups and enjoy!!

It may take you a drink or two or three to figure out how much Kahlua you like in the cup (but by then you won't care!!!)

Here is the link to the recipe you posted.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/4293-toasted-almonds/?hl=%2Btoasted+%2Balmonds