Will this be just dogs or all pets? I know people who are so allergic to cats that they cannot even walk into a home where a cat has ever lived without having an allergy attack.

That describes me.  Our next door neighbor has multiple cats.  I've never been in her house.

Kassie is perfectly happy alone in our motorhome.  She sits in the front seat and watches the world go by.  But I can't imagine what she'd be like in a hotel room.  And I wouldn't feel like she is safe unless she were crated -- which would make for one unhappy pup.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

8am... dog drags butthole on carpet while owners pack up. 11am...maid "cleans". 2pm...toddler plays on floor. Enjoy your stay, folks.

Universal has cute welcome baskets and pet beds for dogs and cats when they check in. Not sure, I'm totally in favor of allowing dogs but I'd sort of like to see what Disney would put in theirs if the

Up arrow awarded.     Wait.   You have a toddler?   Congratulations!!!   But, you need to take that kid to the doctor.  Sounds like he may have a problem.  And you need a box of baby wipes.   TCD

Will this be just dogs or all pets? I know people who are so allergic to cats that they cannot even walk into a home where a cat has ever lived without having an allergy attack.

I will have itchy eyes and a runny nose for the rest of my vacation if i get into a room like that. No thanks.

Universal has cute welcome baskets and pet beds for dogs and cats when they check in. Not sure, I'm totally in favor of allowing dogs but I'd sort of like to see what Disney would put in theirs if they did one...

Is it possible to request a room at Universal that has never had a pet?  My oldest is so allergic to cats that he too will suffer an attack being near us after we have held the barn cats.

We love our dog and would never, unless an emergency, let her alone in a hotel room for more than a few hours at a time.  We bought an RV this year so she can travel with us.  She didn't like staying home with a pet sitter; she loves being with us.  We are DVC members and it is hard to use all our hundreds of points at the Fort because many times I call and they tell me no sites have been released to DVC at the Fort.

I would like to have a few DVC places allow pets.  That way our dog would have a bit more room to roam and even in our RV we come back to visit and take Dandee outside for exercise after being gone 4 hours.  We are retired and don't care to spend hours on end at the parks; been there/done that years ago! 

One thing I do notice when we have to stay in a hotel with our pet is; the rooms are normally on the first floor so you can get them outside fast and not deal with elevators.  Another things is in some pet specific rooms the furnishings are a bit tattered and beat up and I don't feel like this is right.  We pay full price for the room, plus a pet fee.  We cover a chair or couch if our dog sits on it, but some folks just don't care I guess.

As far as people with allergies; I feel sorry for you.  I am highly allergic to cigarette smoke and have been given a room that you could clearly tell a smoke has occupied before we were given the room.  The reply from the front desk was "well we sprayed so it should be ok now"!  Little do they understand how sick you can get when you have a true allergy; spray does not work!!!

Sorry for repeat posts...I clicked on POST and it kept posting!  Someone is playing tricks!!! :rofl2:

Yup.  It's a ghost.  The ghost of Kampfire Kim.  Don't worry- she's harmless.

So what happens the first time Mousekeeping goes to clean the wrong room and someone's 200 pound dog charges out the door. Or probably just as bad an ankle biter who hates everyone but his owner.

Good points.

The resorts are not set up to handle this.  At least at Universal, the rooms open up to an interior hall.  At the values and moderates at WDW, they don't.  That dog will be gone!

TCD

So what happens the first time Mousekeeping goes to clean the wrong room and someone's 200 pound dog charges out the door. Or probably just as bad an ankle biter who hates everyone but his owner.

That's what I was wondering. It's not like putting a do not enter pet inside sign would work. How long would it take for kids to change them from one room to another?

While I think at some point Disney will probably set aside *some* rooms for Guests with pets, I don't think it's something that's going to happen quickly or without something of a plan in place.

I know we jump on Disney management for doing silly things, but the potential for liability with something like this (nevermind guest complaints) is huge.  And Disney doesn't tend to be stupid about things that could get them sued.

On the flip side, if/when they do go forward with something like this, there's a huge marketing opportunity - something else that Disney rarely misses.

So along the lines of Todd's title to this thread, until I see some official confirmation, I'm going to chalk this one up to the rumor mill.  :)

On the flip side, if/when they do go forward with something like this, there's a huge marketing opportunity - something else that Disney rarely misses.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Disney explored the idea of building a strictly "pet friendly" resort and keep the other existing resorts pet free. They could theme it based on all of the Disney pets from the past.

I would flip my sh!t if I had to listen to a damn dog bark while I was paying $400+ a night for a room. This is just a bad idea all of the way around. I say build a kennel at the hotel if people can't travel without their mutts (excluding true service animals).

If I'm paying $400 a night do I have to hear crying kids and them running up and down the hallway