David E. Doss - Fun at Ft. Wilderness

We love the work of the artist David E. Doss.  About two year ago, we met him at The Festival of the Masters and were chatting with him about how we liked the picture he made of the Polynesian and said he should make one for Fort Wilderness.  He asked if we thought it would be successful and asked what he could do.  My mom suggested an old fashioned camper by the beach would be a cool idea.  We've been hoping that he would actually do it and it looks like he finally did!  Pretty cool!!!

1376389_10151908006596718_1528104415_n.j

From his facebook page:  We are counting the days until our next Event at Art of Disney/Downtown Disney. 

We are so excited to be releasing David’s Newest Mouseterpiece “Fun at Ft. Wilderness”.
This image depicts your classic retro camping experience. If you have ever camped at the Fort you can relate, if you haven’t you should! It’s the best memories a family can make! Hope you can make plans to stop in and see us Oct 7th-Oct 23rd. We look forward to being back in The Sunshine State! It’s a great time to be back at Disney with so many great events like Food & Wine,& Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Hope to see ya real soon!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/David-E-Doss-Artist/287198306717

They sell quite a bit of his art at the shop on Main St in MK (name is escaping me).  We bought 2 of his prints a while back.  I think they're 8 x 10 and IIRC cost around $20 each.

I found the artist's website, which appears a bit out of date: http://www.davidedoss.com/

He sells some of his art there, but it looks like the Disney Resort pieces are only available on Disney property.  He calls the art store on Main Street "The Art of Disney."

$20 for an 8 x 10 print is much less than I thought it would be.

This guy seems to have a good thing going with Disney.  Good for him.

TCD