Brent's 2013 F&W Deliciousness Report

Other than the slimy shellfish discussions, I am enjoying this!  Thanks for sharing your delicious adventure.

Which Holiday Inn did you stay at?  Was it nice, or just OK?

Thanks.

It was the Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista. I think it's nice enough as far as hotels go. It's right off 536, so a very quick drive to Epcot and DHS.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DW just reminded me of a funny story about snails. About 5 years ago, when DD was 4. We were out to dinner and order an appetizer of escargot. DD would not try them so FIL, after a few drinks, offered

I'm learning so much from this report.    First, Brent knows how to eat.  Those all look like great choices.    Secondly, and somewhat disturbing, I've learned that Mo likes steamy buns and spicy hand

Because really, I don't do so well writing trip reports.   And Bob/Lou don't read them.    If they don't read them, why bother writing them? That's the logic I'm using here.   So last Thursday, Septem

OK, so I just realized I only have a few pics left, so time to wrap this non-report up.

And there are no food pics left, so Dave can stop following along now.

Sunday morning I woke up pretty early and partook of the complimentary breakfast at the hotel. The plan was to get out, hit DHS and the main attractions, then head over to the Fort to meet up with Lorna, Doodle and everyone.

But, I was tired. Exhausted might be a better description. I knew there was no way I could do all of that and make it home safely. I decided to just head over to DHS and maybe ride a thing or two and then head home, so that's what I did.

I wasn't there at Rope Drop like TCD and the twins, but I wasn't too far behind them. Of course, we never saw each other.  I rode ToT, RnRC, Star Tours and then I decided I needed to hit up the Muppets. It had been closed for a while, so I wanted to see if there were any noticeable changes.

The props are still fun.

1383772_675963901225_694358225_n.jpg

1377567_675963881265_1429584268_n.jpg

The only thing I thought might be different about the attraction was the movie itself was definitely digital and VERY sharp. That may have changed before this, though, so I'm not sure why it was closed for so long.

While I was there, I made my way to the Streets of America to check out the Osborne Lights progress.

1374905_675963861305_1631486124_n.jpg

The globe was up. I was very excited. This is one of my favorite holiday traditions.

And, on my way out, I swung by Pixar Place. The TSM line was out the door, so I knew that was out of the question for the day.  Mr. Spell was working, though it's hard to tell in this photo.

1236932_675963846335_1612376801_n.jpg

And the last of the turnstiles are still closed off being converted to RFID.

556582_675963821385_667730272_n.jpg

And that's it. No mas. No fuego.

I got on the road and drove, with only one stop, all the way back. Ok, so it's really not that far, but I made it home around 6 and collapsed.

It was a great weekend and I really enjoyed F&W. Would I do it again? I'm not sure. I think I'll wait a few weeks next year and hit the festival on a weekday. The crowds were completely unbearable that night and, while I love a drink, the hundreds of drunk men yelling profanities and stumbling around just wasn't my thing. I assume they were mostly locals.

Also, not staying at the Fort was a tough decision. I knew it wasn't worth it for a short, heavy-on-parks trip. That didn't make it any easier, though. The next trip in a few weeks will definitely be a Fort trip and I HOPE to see some of you there.

Thanks.

It was the Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista. I think it's nice enough as far as hotels go. It's right off 536, so a very quick drive to Epcot and DHS.

I think that is the one i Stayed at last trip for a night.  It was clean and worth it.  Very close.  Would definitely stay there again if I needed to book a room for one night.

Yay, so we'll get to see you!

I sure hope so. I haven't committed to staying at the Fort since a free-ish room at the Boardwalk has fallen into my lap. Regardless, I'll be there a few days before my friends, so I plan to spend some time with you guys.

We'll get to see you too!

Can't wait to meet both of you.

You probably said this, but how many hours are you from Disney?  We could never hit a park before hitting the road, if we wanted to get home that day.  

Dave. I'm about 6ish hours. It's not as far as it sounds - the last 90 miles are 45mph roads with traffic and stop lights as you enter the greater Charleston area. I always leave super early or after 1 so I miss rush hour traffic. I live at the intersection of 2 major interstates, so I'd rather spend my time at WDW in the parks than sitting in traffic.

Well pooh... we leave on the 8th.  :(

:-( I leave on the 4th. You should come sooner. LOL

Boo to both of you! Mo, I may come on down that Friday night if all goes according to plan. If so, I'll let you know. 

Jason, I *hope* our Christmas trips overlap. That way I can see both you and Sil and a pile of other Fiends who are around.

Based on how things are going this year at the old Brent-family homestead, there probably won't be much of a celebration for the holidays. If that's the case, I may try and make it down for Thanksgiving.

Doh! Nope, not overlapping unless I decide to do NYE. If so, it will likely be at a resort, though, since traffic on 95 going home will be a beast on the 1st. I have to work on the 2nd and have already been told I can't have that day off.

Doh! Nope, not overlapping unless I decide to do NYE. If so, it will likely be at a resort, though, since traffic on 95 going home will be a beast on the 1st. I have to work on the 2nd and have already been told I can't have that day off.

I have to work on the 2nd too. we are flying this trip. 

I have no interest in eating snails off of rocks, but wanted to comment on the fresh food thing.

TCD Twin #1 has a friend whose brother studied abroad in Italy this past summer.  His parents and Twin #1's friend went there for a two week visit.  The parents were telling me how great the food is there, and how much better their son has felt eating it.  They don't use preservatives and chemicals like we do.  You go to the market and buy your food and cook it.  Real food.  Not the crap we eat.  Makes me want to go.

TCD

I recently joined a farm box program with a local organic farm in an attempt to eat a bit more healthy. We get a variety of fruits and veggies delivered every Wednesday. It's amazing how much better it tastes and how long it stays fresh.

I'm trying to ween the kids off of fast food and processed food.

I recently joined a farm box program with a local organic farm in an attempt to eat a bit more healthy. We get a variety of fruits and veggies delivered every Wednesday. It's amazing how much better it tastes and how long it stays fresh.

I'm trying to ween the kids off of fast food and processed food.

We did a CSA this year (which sounds like what you are referring to?).  Got a lot of great things, tried produce I would never normally try, and was able to preserve quite a bit for the winter.  And you are right...stuff tastes so much better when it's fresh, heirloom and organic.  

We did a CSA this year (which sounds like what you are referring to?). Got a lot of great things, tried produce I would never normally try, and was able to preserve quite a bit for the winter. And you are right...stuff tastes so much better when it's fresh, heirloom and organic.

Yep, a csa. Are you still in it?

This farm we are buying from has greenhouses, so it goes all year.