Brent's 2013 F&W Deliciousness Report

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DW just reminded me of a funny story about snails. About 5 years ago, when DD was 4. We were out to dinner and order an appetizer of escargot. DD would not try them so FIL, after a few drinks, offered

I'm learning so much from this report.    First, Brent knows how to eat.  Those all look like great choices.    Secondly, and somewhat disturbing, I've learned that Mo likes steamy buns and spicy hand

Because really, I don't do so well writing trip reports.   And Bob/Lou don't read them.    If they don't read them, why bother writing them? That's the logic I'm using here.   So last Thursday, Septem

Hey, don't judge me.  I also plan to eat a whole lot of escargot... or as I like to call them "butter boogers"   8)

Mmmm....snails.  Yummy.  Although I do like the whole experience of pulling them out of the shells better than the little "bread shots".  They look incredible though!

Great job so far, Brent.

I am disappointed that we were there at the same time, and didn't meet up.

I did not notice that there were less tables- but we're usually there on weekend nights, so tables have always been hard to come by.  There are a lot of tables around the Italy pavilion.  Here is our buddy SBP and his bride using one:

92913024_zpsf9010693.jpg

I noticed a few folks with those plastic trays- but never saw them for sale anywhere.  I believe they have them in the Wonders of Life pavilion, but they must be for sale somewhere around the World Showcase.  They ought to have these out in a more prominent location, as they could probably sell a bunch more.

TCD

When you cross the bridge into F&W they have them in the bldg. to the right.  The trays have a slot for the stems of your wine/bubbly glasses; kinda cool.

Mmmm....snails.  Yummy.  Although I do like the whole experience of pulling them out of the shells better than the little "bread shots".  They look incredible though!

But the bread shots would automatically suck the butter and garlic out of the dish for me!  Now that is a good idea.  It would save me from having to stealthily clean my escargot plate with bread (since licking the plate is generally frowned upon.) 

DW just reminded me of a funny story about snails. About 5 years ago, when DD was 4. We were out to dinner and order an appetizer of escargot. DD would not try them so FIL, after a few drinks, offered her a dollar to try one. She said I wouldn't eat one for $20. So FIL pulled out a $100 bill and asked if should eat one for $100? She grabbed the $100 with one hand and a snail with the other. She shallower it and put the money in her pocket. We all laughed and I told her to give it back that it was a joke. And she said that papa said that he never jokes about money.

So he was out a $100 and she got a few new toys.

He's never tried to bribe her since.

DW just reminded me of a funny story about snails. About 5 years ago, when DD was 4. We were out to dinner and order an appetizer of escargot. DD would not try them so FIL, after a few drinks, offered her a dollar to try one. She said I wouldn't eat one for $20. So FIL pulled out a $100 bill and asked if should eat one for $100? She grabbed the $100 with one hand and a snail with the other. She shallower it and put the money in her pocket. We all laughed and I told her to give it back that it was a joke. And she said that papa said that he never jokes about money.

Awesome story!

Best snails I ever had were the time we drove to Jamestown RI with my parents when we were kids and picked them off the rocks.  Dad whipped out the camp stove and the coffee pot, and mom whipped out a stick of butter (seriously - how did that woman know to bring butter?) and we steamed and ate them right there.

Best snails I ever had were the time we drove to Jamestown RI with my parents when we were kids and picked them off the rocks.  Dad whipped out the camp stove and the coffee pot, and mom whipped out a stick of butter (seriously - how did that woman know to bring butter?) and we steamed and ate them right there.

Everything tastes SO much better when fresh.  With modern farming techniques, transportation and grocery stores, we rarely taste fresh food anymore.  I've been enjoying sweet potatoes right out of the ground lately....oh my.  When I was a kid we used to eat fresh duck on the farm....killed and cleaned in the morning and roasted in the afternoon.  Loved it!  And who doesn't love freshly caught fish, cleaned and pan fried over a fire?  But I have to say, I've never had fresh snails right off the rocks.  That sounds great! 

Best snails I ever had were the time we drove to Jamestown RI with my parents when we were kids and picked them off the rocks. Dad whipped out the camp stove and the coffee pot, and mom whipped out a stick of butter (seriously - how did that woman know to bring butter?) and we steamed and ate them right there.

We're they sea snails? I've heard they are the best eating.

Everything tastes SO much better when fresh.  With modern farming techniques, transportation and grocery stores, we rarely taste fresh food anymore.  I've been enjoying sweet potatoes right out of the ground lately....oh my.  When I was a kid we used to eat fresh duck on the farm....killed and cleaned in the morning and roasted in the afternoon.  Loved it!  And who doesn't love freshly caught fish, cleaned and pan fried over a fire?  But I have to say, I've never had fresh snails right off the rocks.  That sounds great! 

I have no interest in eating snails off of rocks, but wanted to comment on the fresh food thing.

TCD Twin #1 has a friend whose brother studied abroad in Italy this past summer.  His parents and Twin #1's friend went there for a two week visit.  The parents were telling me how great the food is there, and how much better their son has felt eating it.  They don't use preservatives and chemicals like we do.  You go to the market and buy your food and cook it.  Real food.  Not the crap we eat.  Makes me want to go.

TCD

Someone let me know when this snail talk is over so I can't stop feeling like I'm going to :barf:

LOL...ditto! I've been doing a whole lot of scrolling so far in this report. We need more pics of real food!