Adults ordering children's meals at WDW restaurants?

My 18yo daughter is planning a trip to WDW with a friend. They will be on a very tight budget.  One thought they have had is to order children's meals to save money.

Does Disney allow this, or are they pretty strict about just allowing children to order them? 

My friend Joyce orders the children's meal at Columbia Harbor House. She says the cashier questions her; but, it is more "Is that what you really want" and not "We don't usually let adults order kid's meals". When we have been at WDW together we have also split meals. I remember doing this at Columbia Harbor House, also.

Lots of people take their meals with them. Perhaps check out the pre-made sandwiches at the resort food courts.

Earl of Sandwich is reasonably priced and their sandwiches and salads are also shareable.

I would think sharing an adult meal would be more satisfying, and honestly more healthy than each getting individual kids meals. Splitting a sandwich at Pecos Bills for example, vs. two orders of chicken nuggets.

Most kids meals are in the 5.99 range, although they do include a couple of sides and a small beverage. But most of them are junk.

Most adult meals are in the 8.99 - 12.99 range and include one side, and they could get water or split a large soft drink.

I would think sharing an adult meal would be more satisfying, and honestly more healthy than each getting individual kids meals. Splitting a sandwich at Pecos Bills for example, vs. two orders of chicken nuggets.

Most kids meals are in the 5.99 range, although they do include a couple of sides and a small beverage. But most of them are junk.

Most adult meals are in the 8.99 - 12.99 range and include one side, and they could get water or split a large soft drink.

I completely agree with this.

Also, the nachos at the outdoor TS restaurant in Mexico is big and very filling. We split that for lunch and I think it is around 8-10 dollars.

Yes, adults can order kid's meals from the quick serve places no issue at all.

A couple of tricks I use to save a few bucks:  (1) At a lot of the quick serve places, the meals are served with a side.  For example,  a lot of the hot dogs come with a bag of chips, or the personal pizzas at Pizza planet come with a small side salad.  You can order just the entrée, and typically will save $2-3 on each meal.  Those are expensive little bags of chips.  (2) All the quick serve places will give you a cup of ice water for no charge.  That saves another $2-3 for each meal, and water is a better choice for a drink on hot days.

TCD

I always get the kids Mickey waffle at a food court. My husband and I share a meal at the food court most of the time. I wish we could have shared a meal at Be Our Guest (lunch). It was huge and we both left more than half (except the cupcake).

You could have split the lunch meal at BOG.

My girls have done that- they both order soup and then split a sandwich. They could just as easily skip the soup and just split the sandwich.  No problem with that.

TCD

Yes, adults can order kid's meals from the quick serve places no issue at all.

A couple of tricks I use to save a few bucks:  (1) At a lot of the quick serve places, the meals are served with a side.  For example,  a lot of the hot dogs come with a bag of chips, or the personal pizzas at Pizza planet come with a small side salad.  You can order just the entrée, and typically will save $2-3 on each meal.  Those are expensive little bags of chips.  (2) All the quick serve places will give you a cup of ice water for no charge.  That saves another $2-3 for each meal, and water is a better choice for a drink on hot days.

TCD

Yes!  That is what we do.  We get a sandwich only - no chips (they are expensive and I don't like them anyway).  We also get free ice water from counter service places.  We are not soda drinkers anyway and the ice water always tastes good and refreshing.  

I have ordered a child's meal at counter service...no problem.  Usually I get an adult meal and share it with my kids, just because we like the choices better.